PDA

View Full Version : Still in need of job

Blonde_5.0
06-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Ok so 3 months later and still no hit on a job. I have put out over 170 applications and numerous applies on careerbuilder monster etc... and still nothing... and when I follow up I find out that they are passing me up for older women with more experience. I have 5 months left on unemployment before my funds are over.

I am very actively looking for a job... so if anyone knows of anyone hiring PLEASE let me know. I like clerical admin receptionist records type of jobs.

Thanks,

Stephanie

mustangboy
06-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Have you tried Christ Hospital I know they were hiring recently

02mingryGT
06-01-2009, 02:53 PM
You should be able to apply for a federal extension if needed. Let's hope not. The place I work at doesn't need anyone right now but if they do I'll let you know. I was out of work for 5 months before I got this job. I'm actually still looking. Good Luck!!

04 Venom
06-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Ok so 3 months later and still no hit on a job. I have put out over 170 applications and numerous applies on careerbuilder monster etc... and still nothing... and when I follow up I find out that they are passing me up for older women with more experience. I have 5 months left on unemployment before my funds are over.

I am very actively looking for a job... so if anyone knows of anyone hiring PLEASE let me know. I like clerical admin receptionist records type of jobs.

Thanks,

Stephanie

From USAJOBS.com:

Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:
VX-09-RCl-261124

Secretary

SALARY RANGE: 35,632.00 - 51,477.00 USD /year OPEN PERIOD: Friday, May 29, 2009
to Thursday, June 04, 2009
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0318-06/07 POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 07 DUTY LOCATIONS: vacancy(s) in one of the following locations: 1 vacancy - Cincinnati Metro area, OH
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens

JOB SUMMARY:

Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): VX261124 (Include on all documents)

Be a member of a team providing compassionate healthcare to veterans.

The Department of Veterans Affairs is an employer of choice as a center of excellence in patient care, education and research. We value trust, respect, commitment, compassion, and excellence; we value you. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.va.gov .

NOTE: In order to view and/or print the entire announcement, please scroll to the bottom of this page and click on "Print Preview"; then "Print". Otherwise, you may miss important instructions on how to apply for this position.

APPLICANT CHECKLIST: Please use this checklist to ensure compliance with all application requirements. We recommend that you print a copy of this checklist for reference while completing your application package. Detailed instructions of the application process are included after the checklist. Be sure to read and follow the instructions carefully.

_____ Responses to the Assessment Questionnaire. (see Step 1)

_____ Resume (see Step 2 for the information you should include on your resume) or Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF-612).

_____ If you are faxing your documentation with OPM Form 1203FX answer sheet, place Form 1203FX on top of other documents and do not use a cover sheet. If you are not using OPM Form 1203FX, the United States Government Application Cover Page must be used in order to link your documents with your on-line questionnaire. Failure to provide this cover page - or the use of a different cover page - will prohibit your documentation from being processed. (see Step 3 under "How to Apply" for url)

_____ If a particular level of education/certification is required OR if you are asking us to qualify you based upon your education, you must submit a copy of your college transcript or an appropriate course listing. (see Step 3)

_____ Veterans must provide a legible copy of DD-214(s) showing all dates of service as well as character of service (honorable, general, etc.). Note: More than one DD-214 may be needed to show all dates of service. You will be given preference based on the information you submit with your application. (see Step 3)

_____ Disabled veterans and other veterans eligible for 10-point preference must also submit an SF-15 (version August 2008) with required proof as stated on the form. (see Step 3) 10-point preference will only be given when proper documentation is submitted.

_____ An OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment (version dated January 2001 or later) must be submitted prior to appointment. You may include this form as part of your application documents. It is available at http://www.vacareers.va.gov/l2_Jobs_Forms.cfm .

KEY REQUIREMENTS:
Please refer to the "Qualifications" section of this vacancy announcement.
You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.

Send Mail to:
VHA DEU Cleveland
PLEASE DO NOT MAIL APPLICATIONS
APPLY ONLINE OR FAX
CLEVELAND, OH 44141
Fax: (478)757-3144

For questions about this job:
VHA Nationwide DEU-CLV
Phone: (501)257-4134
Fax: (478)757-3144
Email: cavhs.deu@va.gov

USAJOBS Control Number: 1570830
EEO Policy Statement | Reasonable Accommodation Policy Statement | Veterans Information
Legal and Regulatory Guidance

Home| Search Jobs| My USAJOBS| Information Center| Veterans| Forms| Employer Services
FAQS| Privacy Policy | Help| Site Map
Contact Us| Privacy Act and Public Burden Information

This is a United States Office of Personnel Management website. USAJOBS is the Federal Government's
official one-stop source for Federal jobs and employment information.

06hoss
06-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Have you tried a head hunter service yet? There is one out here in Florence on Empire Drive (off of Industrial) called "Two Hawk"...has a picture of a hawk on the sign right under the big Brendamore sign. You have to pay a percentage of your salary back to them for awhile for getting you the job. I always see people coming and going from that place.

Insight cable is hiring sales people, maybe they need administrative people too.

Also, there is a new Larosa's opening up in Edgewood by the end of this month and they have a "now hiring" sign up.
Yesterday I was at the Larosa's in Florence and they were training a girl that was going to work at the Edgewood location.
Might not be what you are looking for, but could keep you going until things get better.

thecollector
06-07-2009, 10:48 PM
ABP is hiring sales reps. May not be your cup of tea but you could get me and face a 30% discount on body parts.... Think of us. Good luck.

cobrajoe
06-08-2009, 05:30 AM
Extension?

facemelter71
06-08-2009, 09:27 AM
ABP is hiring sales reps. May not be your cup of tea but you could get me and face a 30% discount on body parts.... Think of us. Good luck.

I all ready get Volvo dealer down their.LOL.But employee discount would be awesome.Ill send her a text and let her know.

MsBlkramair
06-08-2009, 09:59 AM
This is a position i would love to have.....but I already work for the tissue bank in dayton and cannot work for competing tissue banks. check it out. Part time amnion tech. You screen pregnant mothers for their medical history, then go in during c-sections and recovery amniotic fluid for research. Cool job....like i said i already work for one. Check it out....could lead to bigger and better things! lifepassiton.org go to "about life center" and click on employment. let me know how it goes!

Gene
06-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Have you tried a head hunter service yet? There is one out here in Florence on Empire Drive (off of Industrial) called "Two Hawk"...has a picture of a hawk on the sign right under the big Brendamore sign. You have to pay a percentage of your salary back to them for awhile for getting you the job. I always see people coming and going from that place.

You should NEVER pay someone to find you a job. Reputable headhunters get paid by the employer, not the employee.

06hoss
06-09-2009, 09:48 PM
You should NEVER pay someone to find you a job. Reputable headhunters get paid by the employer, not the employee.

That's not true. Just look around, there are a lot of head hunters that work that way. Here is info from easyjob.net that states that many head hunters take a percentage of your salary. See item No.3. It IS reputable.

Should I use the service of a headhunter or an executive search firm?
It depends on your individual situation.

If you are over 40 and have highly specialized job experience, a headhunter may be able to help you find the right position.

However, it's important to consider the following possible drawbacks:

1.A headhunter cannot afford to devote his/her attention to just one client.
2.Headhunters are often commission-paid and under pressure to meet hiring quotas for the recruitment companies they work for. This need for speed can be a disadvantage to job-seekers and can make you feel pressured into accepting a position that's not exactly right for YOU.
3.Also, many headhunting firms take a percentage of the new hire's salary for an extended period of time to "pay" for their service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02mingryGT
06-10-2009, 08:45 AM
All the headhunters I have used the employer paid. I will say this though, because the employer pays they are looking for savings from the new hire so in a way you are paying. Now back to the original topic.......

PONYGRL
06-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Good luck finding an admin-type position. I am still in school full-time and just lost my job after being there over 4 years, downtown.... I planned to stay there after I graduated and everything.

I have searched and searched and have found absolutely nothing. I am only looking for something part-time during school, and full-time during the summer and nothing has turned up. If I hear of anything at all, I will be sure to let you know.

BradleyGT
06-10-2009, 10:06 AM
http://www.clermontcountyohio.gov/ASSIGNMENTCLERK.aspx

Try this one. Also Children's Hospital seems to always be hiring Admins so go on their website and check it out.

Cherry Blossom
06-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Check your PMs girl!!!:)

facemelter71
06-10-2009, 12:39 PM
She's calling you soon,if not let me know.

Blonde_5.0
06-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Good luck finding an admin-type position. I am still in school full-time and just lost my job after being there over 4 years, downtown.... I planned to stay there after I graduated and everything.

I have searched and searched and have found absolutely nothing. I am only looking for something part-time during school, and full-time during the summer and nothing has turned up. If I hear of anything at all, I will be sure to let you know.

honey i completely understand that... I was at my job downtown for 5 years and haven't found anything.... its rough out there if i didn't get unemplyment we would have been screwed but going out now to put in some apps.

cobrajoe
06-10-2009, 03:51 PM

Heck they let a girl go that I worked with that had been there 30 yrs. Cincinnati Children's eliminated the whole division T worked in! This present state of the US is terrible. :(

Aweasel
06-10-2009, 05:40 PM
bs in manufacturing engineering as of Dec, 2008... applied to over 200 positions in the area as well as out of state but got nothing. I was laid off in august, no unemployment and first opportunity I got was middle of may selling cars for jeff wyler...not exactly what I wanted to do but o well. Good luck, it's tough out there right now...things will turn up

Blonde_5.0
06-10-2009, 10:40 PM
well i applied to ohio national and they said they would call if any open positions match my resume...