PDA

View Full Version : 2000 V6 Lowering

relaxednoma
06-05-2009, 01:22 PM
sooo.. long story short, I may be getting a new job that will see me commuting from Union to Downtown louisville. Drove down in the V8 Sierra for the interview, took me an hour and 10 minutes, which is just about 15 min more then when I drive to mason. With our department being outsourced, this job looks golden, and pays more.....anyway......

Found a 00 mustang v6, 5spd car, looks to be a saleen front bumper with some sort of hood on CL, going to look at it saturday. I figure this would be a decent alternative to getting a....eck...honda or something along those lines. But as always, I cant leave things alone. I'd def. want to lower it and eventually put wheels on it, (leaning towards bullits).

I did a search and came up with some answers but have questions stemming from them.

What is everyones reccomendation for something that will put this lower to mother earth. ride quality is whatever it would be, wont bother me, but I want handling there to.

Thanks,

Stangman
06-05-2009, 02:56 PM
I bought some springs off ebay cuz they were blue! and they slammed my '94, which you have seen... And they were only about 120 shipped...

zmcnutt
06-05-2009, 11:53 PM
im not sure about your 2000 but when i had my 95 convertible 6 banger i used eibachs paid 225 for them i think ride wasnt too bad for what it was considering i had twenties on it hahahah :lol:

shadez14
07-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Anyone have experience with the no name coilovers on ebay for like 80 bones? I know that on other kits, you just pull the front spring and the new coilover attaches to the front shocks, but what about the rear, anyone know how to hook those up. Sorry, not trying to hi-jack, but it's for a 00 V6 as well, so thought would benefit us both :)