PDA

View Full Version : Places to take killer pics!

Hangingcogs
06-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Jason and I are doing our Engagement session on July 7th and would like some ideas for places to get them done.

We met in California, OH at Ryan Hehn's house and would like to take some photos down there. Yeah we met while those 2 were doing a deal! I was also thinking about going to Annies where they have all the graffiti on the walls.

I know we have to have a photo of both of us under the car with our feet hanging out!

I want to have unique photos because that is who we are.

Start throwing them out there! Thanks in advance!

Maximus
06-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Devou Park

Rustanggt98
06-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Devou Park

or outside da VU in Mt. Carmel lol :cool1:

cobrajoe
06-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Mirror lake

Pitbull1052
06-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Alt or Alms park

DeckerEnt
06-08-2009, 04:14 PM
On the deck of the beer sellar with cinci in the back ground.

Walter
06-08-2009, 08:48 PM
or outside da VU in Mt. Carmel lol :cool1:

:lol: Yea more singles please!

Blonde_5.0
06-10-2009, 01:10 PM
andy and i got married in sharon woods park and had pics taken off of a trail.... i have them on my mypsace.com/stefiny1 if you want to have a look...

Pyro50
06-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Spring Grove Cemetery. :D I know it sounds weird, but my sister-in-law had their family portraits done there and they turned out great. Apparently a LOT of people have outdoor portraits taken there because of all the awesome scenery and landscaping.

OrangeStang04
06-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Might I ask who is doing your E-Session? Places I would look into are:

Edan park Overlook
Devou Park
Alms Park
Ault Park
California Nature Preserve
Pyramid Hill
French Park

When you do select a day, make sure to go 1-2 hours before Sun down as the sun will be lowest in the sky to create good lighting and opportunities for open shade. Also Sunset pictures add to the composition of the picture.

OrangeStang04
06-11-2009, 07:29 AM
On the deck of the beer sellar with cinci in the back ground.

Good idea, but the Cincinnati Skyline would be distracting as a background... The majority of Engagement pictures are done with the back grounds slightly OOF to emphasis focus on the two individuals

OrangeStang04
06-11-2009, 07:30 AM
Spring Grove Cemetery. :D I know it sounds weird, but my sister-in-law had their family portraits done there and they turned out great. Apparently a LOT of people have outdoor portraits taken there because of all the awesome scenery and landscaping.

+1 Very good spot

PONYGRL
06-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Before I lost my job, one of my co-workers got married (they had a $7k photographer, might I add) and they went to Spring Grove Cemetary and Ault Park. I have never been to either but the pics turned out awesome for her engagement and wedding itself. I know they also took some pics in downtown Cincy. You can't go wrong with Eden and Devou Park though. I used to be big into photography and both should be beautiful this time of year with all the flowers.... and Krohn Conservatory too. Let us know where you guys decide :)

Hangingcogs
06-11-2009, 11:07 AM
We are doing the pics starting at 7. The photographer, Lucky Clover (Katie and Ellen), mentioned Eastgate Adventures. I don't want to do what everyone else does/goes.

"I am not a follower, I am the leader".

Orangestang, are you a photog?

Maybe I can go look at Eastfork and see if we can get some pics there.

OrangeStang04
06-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Orangestang, are you a photog?

Maybe I can go look at Eastfork and see if we can get some pics there.

I wouldn't consider myself a pro by any means, but I am very avid into Photography. Ton of equipment and still getting a handle on what type of Photography I would like to pursue (whether to maintain it as a hobby or to start making money). I was thinking of getting into doing Engagement Session Photography because after seeing the pictures that were taking for friends, the outcome lack any kind of creativity.. but that is just my personal opinion.

When you do go for your session, I can't emphasis maintaining contact with your significant other, the purpose is to visualize your love, some of the work I have seen is very bland.. So smile and kiss a lot :)

OrangeStang04
06-11-2009, 02:41 PM
I just looked at Lucky Clover's website... very good choice!