PDA

View Full Version : rocker adjustment

big al
06-12-2009, 03:44 PM
i got a 347stroker been driving it for about 3 yrs now and the rocker started to knock so i adjusted it again and same thing it has trick flow rollrs rockers but i put oe style lifters im thinking one of them isnt pumping up its only one that does it i did a compression test it was 160 held all night do i just ned to buy better lifters

97gt
06-12-2009, 05:23 PM
i would check out the lobe on the camshaft
its just seems like there is a problem with something other than lifters

facemelter71
06-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Ok,this is the Modular thread section.YOu should have posted this in the Windsor section right above this one.
Anyway.I can only assume that you have a different cam in the 347.If so,what type.And on a second note,most cams are ground out of some pretty sturdy metal and they take some of a beating.Mine sure as hell did and it was just an E-cam.I have the detroyed lifter to show for it.Cam was perfectly fine.
Sounds like you need to swap some lifters,the one probly isnt pumping up.Torque the rocker back down and wiggle the pushrod,if it has alot of movement and none of the others dont,then you have a lifter problem.

OE style lifters,or are they the original used ones.Either way all I have is ford motorsport lifters in my coupe and they are great.

big al
06-18-2009, 04:28 PM
sorry about the wrong post but i got some new lifters on way hopefully fix it the weekend of the 4th thanxs for the info