PDA

View Full Version : Goin To The Races...

BigBadStang
06-13-2009, 10:01 AM
I am taking my dad, who loves stock car racing, to the Meijer 300 at Kentucky Speedway tonight. I'm taking him for his birthday/fathers day. I am excited, because he is excited to go! I hope Carl Edwards wins, that would really make this a perfect night, he is a HUGE Edwards fan! It makes me feel really good to be able to treat my dad to a night at the track after all the times he took me to the track when I was growing up. :)

02mingryGT
06-14-2009, 12:21 PM
I am taking my dad, who loves stock car racing, to the Meijer 300 at Kentucky Speedway tonight. I'm taking him for his birthday/fathers day. I am excited, because he is excited to go! I hope Carl Edwards wins, that would really make this a perfect night, he is a HUGE Edwards fan! It makes me feel really good to be able to treat my dad to a night at the track after all the times he took me to the track when I was growing up. :)

Hope you had a good time even though Carl had all kinds of problems.

P.S. At least that dick Kyle Busch didn't win....lol.

BigBadStang
06-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Hope you had a good time even though Carl had all kinds of problems.

P.S. At least that dick Kyle Busch didn't win....lol.

Yes, we had a great time!
We didn't get home until 2am by the time we got out of the track. Yeah I wish Carl, or at least one of Jack's cars would have won, but the 16 was solid all night, and the 6 was fast, but he got a penalty, and something happened on pit road and he had to come back in. If the 6 could have gotten back to the front, he may have been able to run with them. The place went crazy when the 20 passed Kryle...it was great! I can't stand that jack ass. There seems to be something crooked with the Gibbs cars. In a span of 8 laps, they would open up a 4-6 second lead, then it would just stabilize. They ran off and just rode around after that. You could hear it in the exhaust, they just didn't sound like any of the other cars. The engines sounded like they weren't working hard at all. They have a clear advantage in horsepower, even though the Yo-Yo's have been restricted once already this year.

02mingryGT
06-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Yes, we had a great time!
We didn't get home until 2am by the time we got out of the track. Yeah I wish Carl, or at least one of Jack's cars would have won, but the 16 was solid all night, and the 6 was fast, but he got a penalty, and something happened on pit road and he had to come back in. If the 6 could have gotten back to the front, he may have been able to run with them. The place went crazy when the 20 passed Kryle...it was great! I can't stand that jack ass. There seems to be something crooked with the Gibbs cars. In a span of 8 laps, they would open up a 4-6 second lead, then it would just stabilize. They ran off and just rode around after that. You could hear it in the exhaust, they just didn't sound like any of the other cars. The engines sounded like they weren't working hard at all. They have a clear advantage in horsepower, even though the Yo-Yo's have been restricted once already this year.

Yeah that and they got caught cheating last year. Of course straight arrow Gibbs didn't know nothing about it....lmao. Nascar had the timing line wrong on pit road and penalized just about half the field during that race for speeding.
How was the parking? I heard they fixed a bunch of the lots. Does it still suck trying to get out of there?

BigBadStang
06-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Yeah that and they got caught cheating last year. Of course straight arrow Gibbs didn't know nothing about it....lmao. Nascar had the timing line wrong on pit road and penalized just about half the field during that race for speeding.
How was the parking? I heard they fixed a bunch of the lots. Does it still suck trying to get out of there?

I thought something had to be wrong when I kept seeing cars getting black flagged and coming in for drive through penalties! Speeding on Pit Road just isn't that common, and of course you can't hear the announcer AT ALL unless it's under caution. They blasted down that whole hillside behind the track and made parking lots all gravel. I think it took us about 20 minutes to get back onto I71. I didn't think that was too bad. Once on I71, it was hammer down.:)