PDA

View Full Version : Help! I Have FUEL ISSUES AND A MISS

Blacksunshine
06-15-2009, 08:15 PM
I have a 1996 S-10 4X4 has a bad miss 4.3 vortec....I know I know Chevy. The person I bought the truck from replaced the wires, plugs, cap, button and the fuel pump. The engine misses the worst at low RPMS and when I start the thing it blows black liquid out of the exaust..I'm assumming its unburnt fuel. It also uses alot of gas. I will be greatfull for any help. Thanks

kennebellcobra
06-15-2009, 09:29 PM
If that's the year the injectors(they call them popits or something) are under the upper intake... the regulator is probably leaking and because its under the intake fuel leaks into the motor...

Does your oil smell like gas?

Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see if it holds when you turn the key on...if not, pinch off the return line and if it still bleads off quick pull the upper intake then turn the key on and you should see the regulator leaking gas out of it.

I have probably done 10 of them so its pretty common

It comes as one whole assemble...popits,lines and regulator

Blacksunshine
06-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the reply... It was a friend of mine asking under my screen name and he is taking your advice .. Thanks Kenny !!

Blacksunshine
06-17-2009, 10:29 PM
any idea of the cost of the whole assembly? I think your right...it has those symtoms. Thanks again, Bill

kennebellcobra
06-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Koi said 365.00:eek: 323.00 autozone

Blacksunshine
06-25-2009, 08:21 PM
I'll give it a shot.
Thanks again

bbfstanger
06-25-2009, 10:25 PM
you can take the upper plenum off easily ,just turn the key to run but dont crank it and look for leaks.
the two fuel lines going in to feed the inj assy. split right where they are pressed on over the fittings.itll shoot a pinhole sized stream which is easily seen.

Greg Seibert
07-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Good suggestions, and don't forget that just because those said parts were replaced doesn't mean they all get a clean bill of health. We've seen many instances where poor quality discount parts cause problems even when new, and many times, OEM replacement parts solve drivability issues.