PDA

View Full Version : Probe Industries

NUTTSGT
06-16-2009, 09:17 AM
I just wanted to give a big thumbs up for Probe Industries and their customer service. I bought a set of pistons in Nov of '07 from one of their dealer/outlets. I did get a great deal on them and can't complain about that. When I received the pistons, I looked at each one to make sure they were correct (individually of course,not unwrapping them all together) and they all had the same part number.
Fast forward to June '09 and deburring the pistons for assembly of the new engine when I realized the pistons were different, 5 of one style and 3 of another, with the same part number. (TFS specific pistons)
I took some pics and emailed Probe advised them of the problem and what my conclusion may have happened;

1. They sold them as seconds and were inturn sold as new in box

2. They made it past Q.A. like this, with somebody not doing their job.

3. Either way with #1 or #2 it was still ultimately my fault for not check all the pistons together when I first got them, with such a long period of time lapse since the purchase.

Honestly, I was not expecting anything other than a sorry and "we'll correct them problem"
I received an email back in a few hours asking when and the purchase price with a phone number to call back, which I did. They offered to credit my original purchase price plus what I paid for in shipping on a new set of pistons.
Which I did order when I called them back.

Just wanted to say thanks to Probe Industries and let everybody know that they have great customer service, taking care of a sale that occurred 1 1/2 years ago.

Timido
06-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Mark O'Neil is the Owner of Probe. He posts on Hardcore50.com He give no BS advice on engine building and race cars. It is nice to see a company stand behind their products.

racingrick
06-17-2009, 03:21 PM
I do not deal with probe since their website used to be sprinkled with political propaganda.