PDA

View Full Version : Home water heater help!!

DeckerEnt
06-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Went downstairs tonight to find my water heater is leaking bad. It was put in in 1994 I think so I need a new one. Anyone ever install one of these? Gas.

RACEME
06-17-2009, 06:11 AM
They are really straight forward to install. Just swap out the fitting and the wiring. Since it is gas, the elect. is 120v. The biggest pain is moving them out of the house as old ones are usually full of alot of crap and corrosion.

bobtsgt
06-17-2009, 06:53 AM
depending on how its set up now you may have to solder on 2 new dielectric unions. And get a buddy or two to help you move it out of there. Like Tim said its going to be heavy. Hope it didn't soak any of your carpet. I may know a guy :D

Dirtyd0g
06-17-2009, 01:42 PM
whatever you do, most importantly, above all, Never ever buy a whirlpool water heater. Google flamelock to find out what I am talking about. I bought one and now I need to rip it out and buy a new water heater. Sadly this piece of crap is under warranty. If I can deal with rebooting it every freakin day I can keep it.
Alan

Black92LX
06-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Now would be a very good time to put in one of these!!!
http://www.rinnai.us/tankless-water-heaters/

You will be very happy you did.
Unlimited hot water as well as a much smaller gas bill!!

facemelter71
06-17-2009, 05:29 PM
I love my tankless water heater,it is so badass.None of my future homes with have a tank water heater.That will be the first thing to go.I have one in my house now.It is the best thing I have EVER bought.

DeckerEnt
06-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Sorry guys, didn't go with the tankless one. Went with Home Depot. They brought a 50 gallon one and installed it, carried my old one upstairs to the garage, and the new one doesn't work........ Burner issue from a new one right out of the box. GE warrenty covers it so they will be back in the morning to fix it.
The old one went to the farm. There are a few holes in it now. LOL...Nothing like what it will look like after the party. Can you hear the BOOM!!!!!! Oh well.....