PDA

View Full Version : Good deed for the day!

DeckerEnt
06-27-2009, 12:12 AM
So I leave the bank in Fort Wright and as I pull out onto the road, I see a cell phone laying in the middle of the road. I do a quick turn around and stop to pick it up. It wasn't run over or broken yet. I opened it and scrolled through the contacts screen and found home. Dialed it and left a message saying I found the phone and gave my cell number. The woman called me back and tells me that it is her son's cell phone. Her son is 8 years old. Grandma got it for him. I told her that I would leave it in the mailbox in front of the shop and she could pick it up anytime.
It was a verison phone, razor style with a side flip screen with a full keyboard for texting. My daughter wanted to put her sim card in it so bad but I had to say no. It wasn't my phone. I feel good doing stuff like this. Makes me feel like one of the good guys out there. I did put a business card in the phone when I put it in my mailbox. May get a job out of it, may not. Who knows. I know I did the right thing.

k062693w
06-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Nice to hear Keith !!! I found a Credit card in the parking lot at Wally World a little over a year ago, I called information and got the guys # and returned it to him... We been friends since !!! And he happens to be a Car Nut Too !!! LOL

USMCPONY
06-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Good deeds go along way. Maybe she or her son will do the same thing since you was nice enough to return the phone. Thanks for being a good citizen. I tried helping a 60 to 70 year old lady at Golden Corral today. She had one crutch (I guess she twisted a ankle or something). She was trying to get ice cream. With her ctrutch tucked under her arm she was having a hard time balancing herself, holding a full plate of food in one hand, a bowl for ice cream in the other and trying to pull the lever for the ice cream at the same time. I walked up and said, ma'am do you need help with that. Without even looking at me she said no I can get it my damn self. It was obvious she wasnt going to get her ice cream. So a lady walked up grabbed the plate from her. Made her ice cream and while she handed her the plate she said you know he was only trying to help.

Holly
06-27-2009, 01:38 AM
Karma - what goes around comes around. ;) You'll be rewarded for that someday.

DeckerEnt
06-27-2009, 02:11 AM
Not looking for a reward. Just doing the right thing. Kind of selfish but it makes me feel good to do stuff like this.

MrsAPE
06-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Very nice Keith!

djom1cincy
06-27-2009, 10:26 AM
On thursday I was on my way home. On Montgomery rd I seen what looked like money rolling across the road and maybe a wallet. I do a quick pull off to the side of the road. Found a girls wallet and 5 bucks floating across the road. The girl was 16 and goes to Sycamore high. I get home and try looking her up on myspace with no luck. So I open a facebook account and I find her. I send her a email and wait. She responds with a number 3 hours later. I call her up and she and her dad are on there way out to meet me. I give them directions to the house and they show up fifteen minutes later. The girl needed her id because she was going on a plane trip the next morning. Dad tried to give me cash but I wouldn't take it. I felt good about that one.

Jaylynn
06-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Karma! I really believe there are more good people in the world than bad..........

There's nothing worse than that sick to my stomach feeling when you lose something like a wallet \ piece of jewlery etc.... and feels so good when someone returns your item to you - restores faith in mankind.... (feels good to be the 'good guy' returing something too)

04 Venom
06-27-2009, 11:31 AM
A big THUMBS UP for you.

Holly
06-27-2009, 11:33 AM
There's nothing worse than that sick to my stomach feeling when you lose something like a wallet \ piece of jewlery etc.... and feels so good when someone returns your item to you - restores faith in mankind.... (feels good to be the 'good guy' returing something too)

I lost my wallet in Las Vegas two hours after Vinny and I got married. We were getting on the Monorail with Paul and Teresa when I realized I didn't have it. I RAN (like a wild woman) through the MGM and back over to Tropicana, retracing my steps, crying the whole time. I got to Tropicana and ran up to security, told them what happened, they asked me how much money I had in it, I told them, they handed it to me, with all my money AND credit card (Visa with a $5,000 limit) still in it. Somebody turned it in and didn't take a dime out of it.

Then I won a bunch of money on top of that during that trip.

I found a purse in at New York, New York in Vegas this past April, laying on a chair at a slot machine. Nobody was around. I picked it up and gave it to the security desk. Made me feel good to do something like that, I know exactly how the girl that lost it felt, such a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach.

ponymom05
06-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Let's hope they Pay it Forward. Good thing you did Keith

Maximus
06-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Let's hope they Pay it Forward. Good thing you did Keith

I wish everyone would.:bigthumb