PDA

View Full Version : Restraining order

Bluecrew07
06-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Any police officers on here?? I need to know how to go about getting a restraining order put on someone?

white01
06-28-2009, 01:55 PM
You go to the sheriffs office and talk with them about getting it done. You do have to have reasonable cause. If it has to do with family then you need a civil protection order done through the local domestic violence office. Hope this helps. You can call the sheriffs department to find out which one is needed.

Rich

Bluecrew07
06-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Thank you

Walter
06-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Just throwdown and call it a day.

Bluecrew07
06-28-2009, 02:05 PM
gets old after a while im sick of all the bs

Waffles
06-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Girlfriend beat you up?

Walter
06-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Never let her win. Never!!!!!!!!!

Bluecrew07
06-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Girlfriend beat you up?
No getting phone call from this guy saying he coming to kill me blah blah blah. we fought a few weeks ago and he just wont stop

DeckerEnt
06-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Fight again and bring a bigger stick.

Bluecrew07
06-28-2009, 02:53 PM
lol yeah maybe a steel pipe

CNTLOSE
06-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Any police officers on here?? I need to know how to go about getting a restraining order put on someone?

You do not want a restraining order, they are good for toliet paper and thats about it. You need to call your County's Domestic Relations Court and tell them the issue, and they will tell you if you quallify. Sometimes they want a Police report showing the reason behind the order...but not always. (Sounds like you have at least Telephone Harassment complaint.) If you qualify you fill out the forms and swear to the judge. Once the subject is served it will be in effect. In Montgomery County they set a court date, usually 10 days out, for the other person to argue their case. The judge will then determine to keep the order in effect or cancel the order.

Good Luck!

Mista Bone
06-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Either way throw paper, then you have record that you feel threated.

If confronted....well you have the idea.

Black03SVT
06-28-2009, 07:46 PM
You do not want a restraining order, they are good for toliet paper and thats about it. You need to call your County's Domestic Relations Court and tell them the issue, and they will tell you if you quallify. Sometimes they want a Police report showing the reason behind the order...but not always. (Sounds like you have at least Telephone Harassment complaint.) If you qualify you fill out the forms and swear to the judge. Once the subject is served it will be in effect. In Montgomery County they set a court date, usually 10 days out, for the other person to argue their case. The judge will then determine to keep the order in effect or cancel the order.

Good Luck!

You dont use Domestic Court for this you have to go to Common Pleas court. Go down to the Sheriffs office and file a report then go to Common Pleas and file a protection order. Are you in Clermont county?

Bluecrew07
06-28-2009, 07:48 PM
unfortuantly lol

CNTLOSE
06-28-2009, 07:53 PM
You dont use Domestic Court for this you have to go to Common Pleas court. Go down to the Sheriffs office and file a report then go to Common Pleas and file a protection order. Are you in Clermont county?

If you live in Montgomery County you go to Domestic Relations Court. Common Pleas hears criminal cases, not Civil Protection Orders. Best bet is to call ahead of time and see what exactly you need for your county.

firestang70
06-28-2009, 08:40 PM
This is 100% correct for Cler Co.

Black03SVT
06-28-2009, 10:08 PM
If you live in Montgomery County you go to Domestic Relations Court. Common Pleas hears criminal cases, not Civil Protection Orders. Best bet is to call ahead of time and see what exactly you need for your county.

Common pleas court hears civil and criminal in Clermont county.Domestic court would be girlfriend, wife family member that lives with you ect ect. Are you sure Mont Co common pleas does not hear any civil cases? http://montcourt.org/

Camaro86SHOCKER
06-29-2009, 03:15 AM
anyone else ever notice i believe he asks for legal advice and about people breaking in his car and needing restraining orders ALOT!!! Im starting to believe that you are just not a very well liked person.

1992MustangDW
06-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Or he hangs out with the wrong crowd.

CNTLOSE
06-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Common pleas court hears civil and criminal in Clermont county.Domestic court would be girlfriend, wife family member that lives with you ect ect. Are you sure Mont Co common pleas does not hear any civil cases? http://montcourt.org/

Okay the second post in this thread referes to a CPO which you go to Domestic Relations for: http://www.mcohio.org/government/domestic_relations_court/faq.html#13 Look at #14.

If you want and anti-stalking order you go to Common Pleas. (Stalking/Menacing being a criminal offense, hence the need for a Police report.)

Every county does things their own way, which is why I said call your County Court.

Bluecrew07
06-29-2009, 05:58 PM
anyone else ever notice i believe he asks for legal advice and about people breaking in his car and needing restraining orders ALOT!!! Im starting to believe that you are just not a very well liked person.
This could be true lol

Waffles
06-29-2009, 06:20 PM

I don't like him....

Okay the second post in this thread referes to a CPO which you go to Domestic Relations for: http://www.mcohio.org/government/domestic_relations_court/faq.html#13 Look at #14.

If you want and anti-stalking order you go to Common Pleas. (Stalking/Menacing being a criminal offense, hence the need for a Police report.)

Every county does things their own way, which is why I said call your County Court.

The court issues an Ex Parte order, which means a lot of nothing. Until a protection order is adjudicated in a full hearing (where the other guy gets to tell his side of the story) the police don't arrest for violations. Essentially, if an Ex Parte order is violated all you can do is file a motion to hold them in contempt of court for violating the order.

After any protection order, all other states and counties are required to recognize the order by the Violence Against Women Act of 1997.

Bluecrew07
06-29-2009, 07:04 PM
There your answer Justin... At least one person doesnt like me

denial
06-30-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm a police officer in Warren County and you must use the domestic relations there. You fill out all the proper paperwork right there and most of the time you will have a hearing as soon as your done. Once u have the hearing they will decide whether or not it will be granted at that time. You will then have another hearing to hear the other parties side of the story. In between the time before the second hearing, an order will be temporarily issued for your safety. We do arrest people who break their orders all the time. For some reason we have been getting alot of CPO's and TPO's in the county. Guess it has something to do with people losing their jobs and such. Just my opinion. Good luck!