PDA

View Full Version : Eibach drag launch springs or lowering springs?

MustangChuck
06-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Hey folks. Im going to be upgrading the entire suspension of my 08 GT soon and i've been doing some research but I cant find a definitive answer. As far as the springs go, I am trying to decide if I want to go with the Eibach drag launch springs or some lowering springs. Does anyone know of any advantages or disadvantages with each? How much will the drag launch springs lower my car, if at all? If I lower my car, will I still be able to get some good traction/launches? Basically, does anyone know of the advantages and disadvantages between the drag launch springs and the lowering springs in regards to performance and looks? Thanks guys and gals.

MustangChuck
07-01-2009, 12:13 PM
:Bump:

Rob
07-01-2009, 01:29 PM
It depends on the spring rates, if you go with a stiff lowering spring like an Eibach sportline, the car will look killer and handle great but wont launch very well. If you go with the drag launch kit, it wont handle as well but will lauch better. It depends on what you want. Its hard to setup a car for both, I think we all want a car that will pull 1 g on a skid pad and pull 1.25 60ft times

MustangChuck
07-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Ok so how about if I go with the drag launch kit with some upgraded sway bars? Do you think that might sorta help out with getting something good for both?