PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with the half filled fry boxes??

beefcake
07-07-2009, 09:33 AM
anyone else notice this lately

everywhere you seem to go now, the fry boxes are just filled to the top of the front part that drips down

it used to be fries were overflowing from the boxes, now there all whimpy and stuff

whats up with this crap

Black Horse
07-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Why are you bitching here and not at the source of the issue?

k062693w
07-07-2009, 11:43 AM
I was wondering why all of Beef's Rants seem to be about Food ???
first it's too expensive and now it's not enough !!!

Do we see a pattern here ??? LMAO

beefcake
07-07-2009, 01:56 PM
lol, i just got to thinkin about it lmao

k062693w
07-07-2009, 03:28 PM
BTW Beef ! My wife has a Perkins coupon she is sending you ! LMAO

MrsAPE
07-07-2009, 04:08 PM
I was wondering why all of Beef's Rants seem to be about Food ???
first it's too expensive and now it's not enough !!!

Do we see a pattern here ??? LMAO

You've seen Beef before right?! :lol:

holeshot
07-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Right on man...I noticed that too. I noticed that after I get something from the drive thru that the fries seem about half full when I take them out of the bag. I figured they just settled as I was driving. Otherwise when they give them to you inside the restaurant they seem to be overflowing. I think that scoop thingy fluffs them up so it looks like you are getting more. lol.

Sharad
07-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Don't even get me started Terry... oops. Too late. Here we go:

The fry issue absolutely chaps my ass!! Why even offer SUPER SIZE, BIGGIE, or KING SIZE fries if you're only gonna fill the carton half way up!?!? Trust me, I'm a certified fry engineer. My first job was at McDonald's followed by a brief stint at Wendys. They taught us to take that funnel thing and stuff the fries in there so they're sticking out of the top of the carton... JUST LIKE THEY DO ON THE COMMERCIALS AND IN THE PICTURES!!!

It's a friggen ripoff, man! If I pay $1.50 for super-biggie-king size fries, I want a fricken pound and a half of fries!!! Don't think you're getting away with anything... I'm hip to your scam!!

And DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE IDIOTS AT SUBWAY THAT PILE ALL OF MY TOPPINGS ON THE CENTER OF THE SUB AND COMPLETELY MISS THE ENDS BY LIKE 3 INCHES PER SIDE!!!

redfirepearlgt
07-07-2009, 10:47 PM
I started eating at Taco Bell and Subway!!! No more fry problems!! LOL!!

Rick93coupe
07-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Penn Station fries, end of subject!

Sharad
07-08-2009, 05:19 AM
Penn Station fries, end of subject!

+1!!!

Waffles
07-08-2009, 05:54 AM
Penn Station everything! I love that place!

beefcake
07-08-2009, 07:20 AM
penn station still loads it up!!

BIGHONKEY
07-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Penn station makes me shit NOW!! But I like it. :)

I hate that most, and the Landon McDonald's especially, load up their fries with 12lbs of salt per box. I am not a big fan of salt and usually pass them off on some hippie when they are loaded up with all that sodium.

BigBadStang
07-08-2009, 09:46 AM
It's a conspiracy. It's part of the governments assault on trans fat.
:lol::lol::lol:

Black Horse
07-08-2009, 10:34 AM
I swung by a McD's last night and had the forethought to look into the bag before I pulled away from the window - yup, half a box of fries. I complained, the young princess at the window looked at me in shock and went and got the manager (who was probabaly a year older). This fine young chap all but accused me of eating half the fries....right.....sucked them right through the side of the bag as they entered my vehicle. After making a point of asking the manager for his name, he gave me another FULL box of fries. I dunno, maybe the salt is making them shrink.

On a side note - Steak and Shake usually gives me so many fries they overflow into a pile in the bottom of the bag (if you can stand the wait at the drive-thru).

Wolvrin704
07-08-2009, 10:49 AM
I stopped at McD's the other day and my fry box was full. But this is also starting to happen in sit-down resturants too. Where you used to get a heaping portion now you're lucky to get half as many.

2007ShelbyCobra
07-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Im tired of Taco Bell, the more you buy, the less you get. I watch the people in the back, they will fill the taco's so so, but when they look on the computer and see a large number of tacos, they freaking decide to be lazy and fill them maybe halfway! And then, and then.....I ask for NO LETTUCE, and guess what? THERES LETTUCE ALLLLLLLL OVER IT! And then why I go to return the Taco, they give me these dirty looks like I did something wrong. :mad: Last time they tried the dirty look rutine, I just glarred back at them and left with no tacos. :flipoff:

TTsNewOwner
07-08-2009, 06:15 PM
I know what you mean. I went to dinner last night and they gave me a small plate. Couldn't believe it! And they charged me $6 for this! But it sure was good. :)
Oh wait, you said they didn't fill the box. My bad. ;)

CNTLOSE
07-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Taco Bell sucks...well at least the prices do. I remember back in the day you could get 4 soft tacos and a pop for $3. Now its like a 5 course meal at $6...and you only get a spoon full of meat, a pound of lettuce, and a torn/broken shell.

praterjack
07-08-2009, 09:23 PM
The stinking Mcd's by my house dont even open the fry box fully they leave the sides pushed in. What a rip off !!!

sean
07-08-2009, 11:41 PM
This is toooooo funny. The taco bell by kings island it the worse. I used to live right by that and the always screwed up everything. I acually went in there one time handed the girl 7 bucks and said surprise me. She laughed and I told her to start pecking the pictures on the register until the money was spent , put it in a bag and I will be happy. She did, laughed, I got my food and went home without even looking. It was the first time they didnt short me or screw anything up. I have done this a few times after that and it always works out. And I LOVE everything about penn station but it also goes right through me. Like an hour later and for the rest of the day. It sucks but the food is soooo good

Mista Bone
07-09-2009, 02:02 AM
I used to goto Taco Hell when the DDT's (Double Decker Tacos) were .99-1.09, now they are smaller and 1.59 each, I also eat at McD's less once I've seen how they "season" their burgers, they salt each side of the burgers, so with two double chesse think how much salt that is, and I like to watch my salt intake.....

redfirepearlgt
07-09-2009, 07:24 AM
Im tired of Taco Bell, the more you buy, the less you get. I watch the people in the back, they will fill the taco's so so, but when they look on the computer and see a large number of tacos, they freaking decide to be lazy and fill them maybe halfway! And then, and then.....I ask for NO LETTUCE, and guess what? THERES LETTUCE ALLLLLLLL OVER IT! And then why I go to return the Taco, they give me these dirty looks like I did something wrong. :mad: Last time they tried the dirty look rutine, I just glarred back at them and left with no tacos. :flipoff:

I'VE NOTICED THIS TREND LATELY AS WELL.

With respect to the topic - I travel 70-80% with my job. I have seen this from McDonalds. I now only use McDonalds as a rest stop. I do not support their business any longer for this and other reasons. And YES PENN STATION ROCKS!!!!