PDA

View Full Version : Home made "Stuffed" Burgers

BigBadStang
07-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Tried something new the other day...
We made hamburgers stuffed with bacon, sauteed onion and cheddar cheese and cooked them on the grill. OMG they were incredible!
They had so much flavor, some ate them plain w/o a bun!

DeckerEnt
07-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Did you mix it before making the patty or did you make the patty then slice it and stuff it? My wife doctors up the ground beef before she makes the patties. Garlic is killer in almost everything.

BigBadStang
07-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Mixed up the ground beef and the garlic with salt/pepper. Made patties real thin. Then put a mixture of chopped bacon, sauteed onions and shredded cheddar cheese on one patty, then place another patty on top and pressed the edges together. Cooked on the grill in the medium heat range until juice ran clear. They were not dry, and very flavorful!

DeckerEnt
07-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Now I want a stuffed burger. Sounds delicious!!!

k062693w
07-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Also if you mix a dry pack of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix, 1 slice of bread (minus crust), And a tablespoon of milk per 2 lbs of ground beef makes for a killer burger !!!

I'm going to try your idea Scotty, But only someone from Ordinary Town would not be satisfied with a PLAIN SHITTY Burger !!! LOL

Rick93coupe
07-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Stuffed burgers sound good. I was flipping channels one day and saw some food show where a guy visited a burger joint that stuffed his burgers and it looked damn good.

Hey Aaron, where does the bread come into play?

k062693w
07-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Hey Aaron, where does the bread come into play?

It kinda of helps hold the meat together !!! Cause Nobody likes LOOSE MEAT !!! :lol:

Rick93coupe
07-08-2009, 03:33 PM
LMAO, up in Greenville, there's a place that specializes in loose meat sandwiches.

RIXXX93GT
07-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Thats right Rick there called Maidwrites....yummy....Funny this subject cam eup because I brought stuffed burgers to the cookout we went too. Make twice the patties you need, about 3/8" thick and 5-6" round season with salt/pepper/season salt. Sautee your favprite fresh mushrooms and sweet onions in butter and olive oil along with fresh sliced garlic, salt and pepper. Pick up some fresh mozzarella medallions at the store,(the ones that are suspended in liquid). Lay first patty down and then slightly depress center with thumb, spoon in your mushroom mixture keeping it away from the edges one mozzarella slice and then lay the other patty on top. Pinch the edges of the pattys together and grill on medium heat flame. Believe me our burgers were the hit of the party. Treat yourself by buying good ground chuck or ground round meat and get some big fresh Kaiser rolls and split them in half for your bun, toasted on the grill slightly of course. Take a bite and the mushrooms and cheese just ooze everywhere. For a twist slather some sour cream on the bun instead of mayo.

DeckerEnt
07-08-2009, 04:27 PM
:drool: I see a cookout at my place this weekend!!!!!

2Kblacksleeper
07-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Damn you guys for making me hungry, I'm trying to drop a few pounds. Lol....

I also like J and J's on the west side.

John

mach_u
07-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Stuffed burgers are awesome. My wife makes these turkey(trying to be healthy... lol) burgers stuffed with habanero peppers, onions and other goodies and they are REALLY good but very, very spicy! lol

sean
07-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Ill have you know I have been meaning to get the grill tank filled for months now. Because of you I did and I made some burgers. I put onions and mushroom in it and cheese and kc masterpiece on top. No bun and thank you they are great. Tater tots took longer than the burger. I will say I tried to make them thin but they turn out pretty darn big

BigBadStang
07-15-2009, 02:23 AM
Ill have you know I have been meaning to get the grill tank filled for months now. Because of you I did and I made some burgers. I put onions and mushroom in it and cheese and kc masterpiece on top. No bun and thank you they are great. Tater tots took longer than the burger. I will say I tried to make them thin but they turn out pretty darn big

See...you just needed a little motivation!
Those suckers do turn out pretty big don't they?

Lol...I took this photo the last time I made them.
...just in case some of you aren't hungry yet! :D

Dirtyd0g
07-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Stuffed burgers are awesome. My wife makes these turkey(trying to be healthy... lol) burgers stuffed with habanero peppers, onions and other goodies and they are REALLY good but very, very spicy! lol

Whatever it takes to make a worthless bird edible right?

Pitbull1052
07-15-2009, 02:07 PM
We do the same one's I like bacon and cheddar in mine execpt we use shredded cheese it melts better....

mach_u
07-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Whatever it takes to make a worthless bird edible right?
:lol: Actually, they are very tasty! :) The wife picked me up a shrimp burger from Lobsta Bake in Newtown tonight - it was sooooo good! :bigthumb

sean
07-16-2009, 12:20 AM
what the hell is a shrimp burger...... I love me some shrimp.. Shrimp gumbo, shrimp coctail, fried shrimp, boiled shrimp, garlic shrimp.... Thats all I have to say about that.

mach_u
07-16-2009, 12:21 PM
what the hell is a shrimp burger...... I love me some shrimp.. Shrimp gumbo, shrimp coctail, fried shrimp, boiled shrimp, garlic shrimp.... Thats all I have to say about that.
A little bit of heaven! :bigthumb You can pick them up here:
http://www.cbyp.com/Listing/Info.aspx?li=5251257