PDA

View Full Version : If You Drive In Hamilton...

BigBadStang
07-09-2009, 08:28 AM
It may not be wise to speed in Hamilton. They just entered into a deal with an outside company to have a van mounted radar camera, that the HPD can park anywhere they want and you'll get a ticket in the mail.

SHOW ME THE MONEY (http://www.journal-news.com/news/hamilton-news/driving-fast-say-cheese-to-new-traffic-camera-197196.html?cxntnid=dlh-070909)...under the bullshit guise of 'safety'.

facemelter71
07-09-2009, 08:46 AM
"The cameras are intended to catch motorists who are traveling 11 mph over the posted limit. A civil citation will be sent in the mail to the offender, who will have an opportunity to contest it."

So now its ok to go 11 over?
In a school zone?
What a piece of shit.I hope it gets left sittin on blocks and picked apart.

MrsAPE
07-09-2009, 09:17 AM
.I hope it gets left sittin on blocks and picked apart.

:lol: Good chance of that!!

Black Horse
07-09-2009, 10:34 AM
The big issue is the same as the stop light cameras.....how are they going to PROVE that the car's owner was actually driving it? I do wonder how many Mexican Illegals can fit into that same van once it has been "re-appropriated"

Stangman
07-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Isn't that sort of entrapment? Sort of the same reason cops arent allowed to hide behind giant billboards...

CNTLOSE
07-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Isn't that sort of entrapment? Sort of the same reason cops arent allowed to hide behind giant billboards...

In OH you can sit anywhere. You do not have to be in the open for traffic enforcement. Some PD's have a policy they can not "hide" or they have to have their parking lights on at night, but their is no law saying you have to be out in the open. Just think of how OSP uses planes for example.

facemelter71
07-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Arizona had red light cameras damn near every stop light.Well,every one that was around where I lived.Its a big business.huge revenue.
But I have a way around it.
http://www.phantomplate.com/photoshield.html
Ill be buyin one soon.
I once saw a mustang in AZ that had this.It was a procharged vert that he drove ALOT on the street and had the cover on it.When you stand just to the side of the plate,it skew's the numbers and letters.Works pretty good.

Mista Bone
07-10-2009, 03:15 AM
Look, if your are stupid enough to go 11 mph over the posted speed, cha ching and pay the lottery ticket.

The city itself sees about 20% of the ticket if I'm right.

So what is the fine for finding the van and having some teenagers "tag" it with graphiti?

(I know the spellnig is wrong, Google Chrome wasn't of help)

duststang
07-10-2009, 07:44 AM
I was on RT 4 the other day and there was a Tire Discounters sign that reads slow the police sits behide this sign. Sure enough the cop was sitting there. The van deal shouldnt be allowed its just another way to waste tax payers money.

BigBadStang
07-10-2009, 09:12 AM
They tell you now that it is to be used for school zones and going 11mph over, but I guarantee they will use it for more than that! The part that pisses me off is, they try and hide behind the 'It's being done for safety' bullshit, when it is nothing more than a revenue generator. Hamilton tried to do the red light cameras too, but that got shot down. With all the governments going broke, because they can't control themsleves and their spending, they are looking for any source of cash they can get. This is just one more reason for me to drive around Hamilton on my way to Fairfield.:D

In Cincinnati, they are using license plate readers to find cars that the owners owe parking ticket(s), and they are demanding payment on the spot, or they tow their shit.

thecollector
07-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Hamilton Doesn't have enough budget for law enforcement, the tax payers vote down the levies and the city council doesn't spend the money correctly. It has been that way for years. The mobile speed trap is nothing but a revenue generator, but I doubt they will spend that money wisely.

I hope the van gets stripped.

Sprindale has a car mounted with license plate scanning cameras. These cameras can scan Thousands of plate's per shift and notify the officer of any outstanding warrants on said plates. A little better for public safety than speed/redlight camera's but it's for sure some enemy of the state type Sh$t.

CNTLOSE
07-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Hamilton Doesn't have enough budget for law enforcement, the tax payers vote down the levies and the city council doesn't spend the money correctly. It has been that way for years. The mobile speed trap is nothing but a revenue generator, but I doubt they will spend that money wisely.

Sprindale has a car mounted with license plate scanning cameras. These cameras can scan Thousands of plate's per shift and notify the officer of any outstanding warrants on said plates. A little better for public safety than speed/redlight camera's but it's for sure some enemy of the state type Sh$t.

State Patrol has these as well in Montgomery County...when they can get them to work right.

duststang
07-10-2009, 03:28 PM
One reason levies might not pass is because the cops that profile and treat people like crap. They call me all the time beggin for money. (Pound salt).
The money is never spent correctly. The first thing that is cut is the stuff that affects the people the most. example; police buys new cars and then we need to pass a levie or your kids are going to walk to school. hmmm which is more important?

I have dealt with a couple of cops that seemed ok. not many!

Mista Bone
07-10-2009, 03:44 PM
They tell you now that it is to be used for school zones and going 11mph over, but I guarantee they will use it for more than that! The part that pisses me off is, they try and hide behind the 'It's being done for safety' bullshit, when it is nothing more than a revenue generator. Hamilton tried to do the red light cameras too, but that got shot down. With all the governments going broke, because they can't control themsleves and their spending, they are looking for any source of cash they can get. This is just one more reason for me to drive around Hamilton on my way to Fairfield.:D

In Cincinnati, they are using license plate readers to find cars that the owners owe parking ticket(s), and they are demanding payment on the spot, or they tow their shit.

Hamilton Co. has several cars equipped like that, being part of block watch you get to see their "toys".....

BigBadStang
07-10-2009, 04:46 PM

Exactly...just like when they closed up shop and moved all the city offices to the new building. The city owned the older municipal building free and clear (which now sits vacant), but they wanted to move to the new high rise, that is owned by an outfit in Cincinnati that they now have to pay rent to.

Or how about the inane sculptures that they have paid tens of thousands of dollars each for?
You can bet the damage to the statue of Alexander Hamilton (in the middle of High Street that was hit by the 20 something year old drunken girl that had no insurance) was paid for with tax dollars. The Hamilton politicians think that statues will bring people and business to the downtown area...what a joke!

The cities and schools have mastered this art of extorsion. The first thing cities cut is police and fire (to scare the citizens into ponying up), and the first thing the schools cut is busing and make it 'pay to play' for sports (to inconvenience moms and dads so they will vote to pay up).

Mista Bone
07-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Careful going through Fairfield tonight, DUI checkpoint :)

2007ShelbyCobra
07-10-2009, 10:05 PM
I hope nobody does anything stupid like paints over the camara lense, or draws male reproductive organs on it

sean
07-10-2009, 11:37 PM
I have done alot of questionable things in my time. Some I got caught for and others I didnt. Whatever they come up with that may help getting dangerous poeple off the roadis fine with me. If I happen to get caught speeding or breaking the law, fine. This unlike gambling at the boat, I am way ahead on. I can get a few tickets and still be waaay ahead on some of the stuff I have done without getting caught.

Mista Bone
07-11-2009, 01:38 AM
With so many illegals in Hamilton, likely won't make any money :)

sean
07-11-2009, 01:48 AM
I enjoy driving through hamilton seeing the sites. There is always something to see. House fires, fighting, cops patting people down, prostitutes, and drug deals on the street. It makes for a fun few minutes. I have to admit I get some looks from the cops as I drive by in my porsche. I always have my liscence and insurence ready but I dont cause any problems and once I pass a cop i usually go elswhere. Its amazing to see how some people live.