PDA

View Full Version : mr gasket thermostats

stang5slow
07-12-2009, 01:10 AM
my water pump went out, and thermostat, so i went an bought a remand pump for now, with lifetime warranty (thanks andy), well andy told me good things about mr gasket t-stats, so i bought a 180 degree t-stat, put it in, temp guage still goes all the way up, so i figured i didnt do something right, took it all apart checked to make sure it was right, it was, so i had this t-stat in for what like a week!!! the dam thing is already went bad??? :bangwall: WTF, i know they go out whenever, but i should get more than a week out of a dam thermostat, this pisses me off, makes me want to call mr gasket and let them know what i think of them assholes :AR15: i would of been better off with the shitty knockoff t-stat lol, it just urinates me off that this happens, i swear if i didn't have BAD luck, i wouldnt have luck at all!!!!!!! anyone else have bad reviews about mr gasket???????

Mista Bone
07-12-2009, 01:55 AM
have you tested the TStat in a pan of water?????

MAYBE the gauge is wrong due to a grounding issue?

Troubleshoot before blaming.....like a head gasket pushing out coolant slowly.

ADaughen
07-12-2009, 05:30 AM
Was it in backwards? :/

stang5slow
07-12-2009, 11:34 AM
no its in right, i made sure, it wont open up an too much preassure built up in the hose from the t-stat housing and blew a hole in the hose, so i gotta get a new hose to, its the little one, like 2 inches long

stang5slow
07-12-2009, 11:35 AM
have you tested the TStat in a pan of water?????

MAYBE the gauge is wrong due to a grounding issue?

Troubleshoot before blaming.....like a head gasket pushing out coolant slowly.

thats what i figured, but why is it the temp guage shows normal when normal driving conditions, but no sooner than i run it up to a hundred or so, the temp shoots way up, and the motor just feel hotter than normal

sean
07-12-2009, 12:13 PM
water pump is good right

stang5slow
07-12-2009, 12:24 PM
water pump is good right

better be lol, i just put water pump on and thermostat last weekend

ADaughen
07-12-2009, 01:50 PM
better be lol, i just put water pump on and thermostat last weekend

It isn't a reverse flow pump is it?

I'm just spouting off mistakes I've done. :lol:

Good luck with the car.

stang5slow
07-12-2009, 04:10 PM
dont belive so, its a oem ramanufactured pump, andy hooked me up with it, it has a lifetime warranty on it, but when the car is started on a cold motor the blade in the pump makes a screetching noise till the motor is warmed up