PDA

View Full Version : New look for the Hot Rod Lincoln...

Stangman
07-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Nothing major...

Just SLAMMED!! :D

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/stangman_77/1993%20Mark%20Viii/DSC01829.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/stangman_77/1993%20Mark%20Viii/DSC01827.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/stangman_77/1993%20Mark%20Viii/DSC01825.jpg

Stangman
07-20-2009, 11:37 PM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/stangman_77/1993%20Mark%20Viii/DSC01823.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/stangman_77/1993%20Mark%20Viii/0720092232.jpg

All thanks to this....

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/stangman_77/1993%20Mark%20Viii/0720090857.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/stangman_77/1993%20Mark%20Viii/0720091129.jpg

:D :D :D :D

I'm stoked!!

dsmawd350
07-20-2009, 11:44 PM
No need to be insulting guy.

ibstrokin
07-21-2009, 12:09 AM
I assume that gizmo, allows you to control the air ride. Does it allow you full control or just full/empty?

Stangman
07-21-2009, 12:15 AM
congrats it just went from comfortable cruiser to white trash mobile

Three letters for you sir... K M A :flipoff:

I assume that gizmo, allows you to control the air ride. Does it allow you full control or just full/empty?

Yes, it does. Actually it only completely empties the bags while in park. It has a momentary toggle to release the solenoids and the the other side of the toggle resets the air ride computer and fills them back up, and there is a kill switch to turn off the switch completely like it's not even there.

I love it

Maximus
07-21-2009, 01:38 AM
Three letters for you sir... K M A :flipoff:

He is just upset cause his car is in Chassis Hell. Dont sweat it, the air ride is cool.:bigthumb

DeckerEnt
07-21-2009, 02:09 AM
I thought you just had all 4 bags go bad at the same time. LOL!!!! The new stance looks killer. Next is paint, right?

rpppaprp
07-21-2009, 06:58 AM
congrats it just went from comfortable cruiser to white trash mobile

You say it looks like a white trash ride like your interested in buying it. Sorry, I dont think it would look good in the driveway in your trailer park. Just because you think it looks like a white trash mobile doesnt mean anything. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Now you know mine. By the way, I hope i dont offend anyone who lives in a trailer park by comparing you to this guy. If so, I apologize.

rpppaprp
07-21-2009, 06:59 AM
Car looks and sounds good Jesse. Dont pay any attention to that trash bag.

Evil_Capri
07-21-2009, 07:04 AM
Dig it! :bigthumb

winner70ta
07-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Being down like that reminds me of the old leadsled Mercs :bigthumb Wow..I see an old Peffley Ford sticker on the back. Just a reminder of another old family owned Ford dealership that no longer exists :(

Stangman
07-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Being down like that reminds me of the old leadsled Mercs :bigthumb Wow..I see an old Peffley Ford sticker on the back. Just a reminder of another old family owned Ford dealership that no longer exists :(

Good eye on the Peffley sticker, that was on it when I bought it, just never got around to peeling it off...

Yeah I love the leadsled look as well. I made the mistake of flipping the switch on the way to work this morning! :lol:

Still gotta get used to how it works!

R825OH
07-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Got some Satin Black in your future Jesse?:)

Stangman
07-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Got some Satin Black in your future Jesse?:)

I have STRONGLY considered it...

Steves LX
07-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah I thought it looked cool too last night when he stopped by. Now get that bumper finished so you can help me get the wifes car on the road before the fall cruise in. I am sick of listening to her bitch and mope around every evening.

Stangman
07-21-2009, 03:07 PM
I'd like to get an exhaust shop to make me an X-pipe and true dual exhaust for it with some magnaflows... I think that is next on the mod list after the front suspension rebuild

5.0calypso93lx
07-21-2009, 03:27 PM
That exhaust needs to go. Just doesn't look right to have big dual tail pipes coming out of a lincoln. Any way to raise the car up a bit? IDK, I always assume that when I see a lincoln MKVIII, I just assume the air ride is gone like on most of them.

Stangman
07-21-2009, 03:58 PM
For some reason the last picture made the tailpipes look huge, those were actually the smaller ones I bought at the parts store... But hey, it is the "Hot Rod" Lincoln afterall.

I'm not sure if any of you are aware, but the man who invented the switch mechanism coined it the "Ray-Switch". The Ray Switch was designed to completely bleed all the air out of the system for the "tucked" look ONLY in parked situations, Driving like that is rediculous. Believe me, I accidentally did it this morning.

It's merely for looks and shows.

Although I could weld some trailer hitch balls on the chassis and throw some sparks :D

The more I think about it though... I would love to see it in a satin black with some scallops and pinstripes :evilgrin:

dsmawd350
07-21-2009, 06:24 PM
IDK, I always assume that when I see a lincoln MKVIII, I just assume the air ride is gone like on most of them.

which is where i was going with my comment. props on the effort but i just looks like one of the hundreds of lincolns on the road with blown out bags and the low rents dont fix it. raise it up a bit

dsmawd350
07-21-2009, 06:47 PM
He is just upset cause his car is in Chassis Hell.

haha thats why your employees bring their stuff there

Maximus
07-21-2009, 11:36 PM
haha thats why your employees bring their stuff there

Yeah, I tried to talk him out of it. But he says he can wait a year or two till he is ready for it.:lol:

Yours done yet? Ill answer for you. NO. Rob is busy finishing yet another project that came in after yours. (RX7)

Maybe Ill have mine painted in the next year or two and we can bust em off. That is if yours is ready.:)

Dont ever get on here and bash a fellow Stangbangerz. Leave that shit for CSS. :flipoff:

dsmawd350
07-21-2009, 11:44 PM
sure is getting close, is yours?
http://cincystreetscene.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=14&pictureid=299

if only you knew as much as you thought you did.. theres no rx7 project at the shop, a guy posted on css wanting someone to run up to west chester and simply weld up a pre bent and notched cage for him. I passed the info on to rob and got them 2 hooked up. gonna run up this weekend and knock it out

Maximus
07-21-2009, 11:57 PM
sure is getting close, is yours?
http://cincystreetscene.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=14&pictureid=299

if only you knew as much as you thought you did.. theres no rx7 project at the shop, a guy posted on css wanting someone to run up to west chester and simply weld up a pre bent and notched cage for him. I passed the info on to rob and got them 2 hooked up. gonna run up this weekend and knock it out

LOL! There is no room!! :lol:

Mine is close. If I didnt have to "Fix" shit that someone didnt do right in the first place, I might be closer to having it done.

Damn, Rays Stang is sinking in the concrete out there. Whats it been? 3,4 years??:eek:

dsmawd350
07-22-2009, 12:04 AM

Mine is close. If I didnt have to "Fix" shit that someone didnt do right in the first place, I might be closer to having it done.

Damn, Rays Stang is sinking in the concrete out there. Whats it been? 3,4 years??:eek:

It's crazy how someone whos supposed to be a mature adult/ owner of a speed shop can get on here and slander and badmouth a fellow shop. you make evrything sound bad and tell only your side of the story? didnt you ok rob to do full tubs in it to fit your 18x12's or whatever you were dreaming up under the understanding you would have to do some modding to the seats to make them fit, then you go and hack them out to replace them with minitubs so you dont have to cut the stock seats:rolleyes:

and lets not pretend rays car has been sitting out there waiting for rob to do something with it, ray had plenty of personal things going on that stopped any and all progress on the car while he got more important things together and the whole time rob let the car sit there and take up a valuable space in the shop luckily robs not charging him storage....

whatever the problem is you have with rob dont you think its high time you quit whining about it and talking shit and just went on your way and tended to your own shop?

k062693w
07-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Subscribing !!! LMAO

Maximus
07-22-2009, 12:38 AM
1. It's crazy how someone whos supposed to be a mature adult/ owner of a speed shop can get on here and slander and badmouth a fellow shop. you make evrything sound bad and tell only your side of the story?
2.didnt you ok rob to do full tubs in it to fit your 18x12's or whatever you were dreaming up under the understanding you would have to do some modding to the seats to make them fit,
3.then you go and hack them out to replace them with minitubs so you dont have to cut the stock seats:rolleyes:

4.and lets not pretend rays car has been sitting out there waiting for rob to do something with it, ray had plenty of personal things going on that stopped any and all progress on the car while he got more important things together and the whole time rob let the car sit there and take up a valuable space in the shop luckily robs not charging him storage....

5.whatever the problem is you have with rob dont you think its high time you quit whining about it and talking shit and just went on your way and tended to your own shop?

Here let me answer your questions...

1. Yes I own a Speed Shop.
2. I took my back seat out to Rob so he could use it to mock up the tubs so that the seat would fit. He told me to bring it out to make sure it would fit.
3.We did NOT hack them out, we spent 3,4 nights after work making the tubs that Rob installed fit the seats.
Here let me post some pics for ya...

Notice the section we cut out.
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/503042/13380102/360760697.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/503042/13380102/361517196.jpg

They fit, after some work. (Good thing I paid/traded parts Rob to do this huh?)
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/503042/13380102/362705547.jpg

4. You are correct. I used Ray to make a point. You score.:flipoff::lol:

5. Not at all talking shit. Just dis-appointed with Rob and what he did for my Coupe. For a year and a half he had my Stang and I am extremely dis-appointed with the work he did. I had to have the tank re-done. The tubs re-done. and the looks of it, the maching he did on the front calipers, re done. So yeah, $3k and I have had to redone alot of shit he did...you would be salty too.

Hopefully he does better for you. Good luck with it.:bigthumb

DeckerEnt
07-22-2009, 01:39 AM
That last part pretty much sums it up.

Dirtyd0g
07-22-2009, 02:00 AM
Wow, And I thought I had to deal with internet drama. Anyway Jesse nice mod I think it is extremely cool. I have used them before. If only they pumped up quickly it would be like hydraulics.
As for the rest of it, don't ya think you should take it somewhere else.
If you don't have anything nice to say about the man's car then SHUT UP.
If somebody does you wrong and you aren't pleased post it in feedback/reviews, that is what is is there for and people will see it. They aren't going to search other threads looking for your opinions and experiences.
Alan

Stangman
07-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Any way to raise the car up a bit? IDK, I always assume that when I see a lincoln MKVIII, I just assume the air ride is gone like on most of them.

which is where i was going with my comment. props on the effort but i just looks like one of the hundreds of lincolns on the road with blown out bags and the low rents dont fix it. raise it up a bit

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/stangman_77/1993%20Mark%20Viii/1212081704.jpg

OH! look! the car does sit normal!! Whodathunkit???

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/stangman_77/1993%20Mark%20Viii/0721091837.jpg

What comes up must come down!

Rob
07-22-2009, 01:36 PM
It looks cool Jesse i like it.

Craig if you have a problem with me you tell me to my face. Im tired of you little digs here and there. I did a ton of work on your car that i didn't charge for, if you would like i can start posting pics and let everyone be the judge of what was done poorly, i dont think you want that. You wanted the full tubs for those moster wheels you were hoping to put on it and you wanted the car on the ground, thats why it was done the way it was done. As far as the calipers you bought wheels that wouldn't clear your brakes, i made them work. The fuel neck for the tank was run in the factory location, if you wanted in moved i would have done it. Its funny thayt you were happy with everything and know all of a sudden there are problems. If there was a problem with anything i did you should have told me and would have been glad to take care of it you know that. After all the times you brought shit out here for me to fix and running out here in the morning for me to weld something for you for a customers car that you had to have right then and how much did i charge you.....nothing. All the shit that we have helped each other with over the years all of the shit i did on the pinks car and on vinnys car and never charged a dime. Pretty fucking sad.

and you dont want to run that TA trust me

Maximus
07-22-2009, 02:28 PM
PM sent.

If Rob wants to keep the drama going, he can post up my response.:flipoff:

Steves LX
07-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Damn Jesse your such a shit stirrer or however you spell that word. Post up a couple pics of your new look and all hell breaks lose.:lol:

k062693w
07-22-2009, 03:31 PM

Damn, Rays Stang is sinking in the concrete out there. Whats it been? 3,4 years?? :eek:

PM sent.

If Rob wants to keep the drama going, he can post up my response.:flipoff:

This is the point \/ \/ \/

Dont ever get on here and bash a fellow Stangbangerz. Leave that shit for CSS. :flipoff:

POT MEET KETTLE !!!

Maximus
07-22-2009, 03:47 PM
This is the point \/ \/ \/

POT MEET KETTLE !!!

OH WOW!! Ya got me.:flipoff::lol:

Serious note, Rob is a good guy. Im just not happy with some of the work he did on my Stang.

End of story. You guys want to make something more of it, go start a new thread.

k062693w
07-22-2009, 03:54 PM
At least you got the point !!! Don't tell people to not bash fellow SBZ members, And then go and do the same thing !!!

Thanks for understanding !!! LMAO

5.0calypso93lx
07-22-2009, 03:59 PM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/stangman_77/1993%20Mark%20Viii/1212081704.jpg

OH! look! the car does sit normal!! Whodathunkit???

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/stangman_77/1993%20Mark%20Viii/0721091837.jpg

What comes up must come down!

I think you misinterpreted my post. I'm not bashing the car. You posted up a pic of your car on the ground and failed to mention the fact that you don't drive it like that. How was I supposed to know??? I was merely asking a question and giving my opinion.

I'm sure you're aware the problems that these cars have with the air ride systems failing, so I figured that's what the problem was.

mustangrodtp
07-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Hey Maximus, Hate to high jack your thread-but since you did it to me I will. I don't know you, and don't really care too. I have seen you around, and heard stories here and there. I only know one thing for sure. You are way too old to spend your time on this website starting shit. Vinny would be proud.... Focus on your business, and let Rob do his thing. Car clubs and this bullsh-t is for High school kids. Have some pride and grow up!!

Maximus
07-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Hey Maximus, Hate to high jack your thread-but since you did it to me I will. I don't know you, and don't really care too. I have seen you around, and heard stories here and there. I only know one thing for sure. You are way too old to spend your time on this website starting shit. Vinny would be proud.... Focus on your business, and let Rob do his thing. Car clubs and this bullsh-t is for High school kids. Have some pride and grow up!!

Hey, Thanks Dad!!:lol:

Pssst, Rob is in MY shop right now helping Adam with TT. So go find something else to dwell on.:bigthumb

Maximus
07-22-2009, 04:48 PM
At least you got the point !!! Don't tell people to not bash fellow SBZ members, And then go and do the same thing !!!

Thanks for understanding !!! LMAO

Ok !!! I wont !!!:bigthumb

mustangrodtp
07-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Please get a life dude. I hope for his sake he isn't down there helping you out.

Maximus
07-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Please get a life dude. I hope for his sake he isn't down there helping you out.

:lol:

Ill pass your concern on to Rob.:)

Blacksunshine
07-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Looks Good Jess..... Sweet !

mustangrodtp
07-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Hey Craig, :flipoff: buddy without the grin. Some people are just too nice?? Me however I don't give a f-ck.

Maximus
07-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Hey Craig, :flipoff: buddy without the grin. Some people are just too nice?? Me however I don't give a f-ck.

So Im getting the double finger without the smiley face because I told you that I would pass your concern to Rob? :confused:

Ok, maybe its you that should grow up. :rolleyes:

dsmawd350
07-22-2009, 07:33 PM
hey how bout we all drop it. I think craigs done with his remarks and maybe they can even kiss and make up :)

Maximus
07-22-2009, 07:35 PM
hey how bout we all drop it. I think craigs done with his remarks and maybe they can even kiss and make up :)

I punched Rob in the shoulder and called him a Fag...does that count?:lol:

dsmawd350
07-22-2009, 07:37 PM
sounds about right!

mustangrodtp
07-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Please bann me from this site Asshole.

Maximus
07-22-2009, 07:44 PM

Serious? Name calling? dsmawd350 did not do anything to you to provoke that. You should appologize to him.:bigthumb

DeckerEnt
07-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Did we all forget who started this thread and why? Jesse, your car looks bad ass, up or down. Will hopefully see it in person at Mikes!

1baddlx
07-22-2009, 10:31 PM
smoooth i like it i may do mine like that one day

Stangman
07-23-2009, 09:12 AM
I think you misinterpreted my post. I'm not bashing the car. You posted up a pic of your car on the ground and failed to mention the fact that you don't drive it like that. How was I supposed to know??? I was merely asking a question and giving my opinion.

I'm sure you're aware the problems that these cars have with the air ride systems failing, so I figured that's what the problem was.

I know you arent, which is why I never replied directly to you, I merely included you on that post showing that yes, my car actually does "air up a little" lol

No harm, no foul. :)

smoooth i like it i may do mine like that one day

Yours?? What are you driving around in a Mark Viii now?

Camaro86SHOCKER
07-24-2009, 05:35 AM

your pretty much an all around shit starter arent you? who rattled your chain and you said you havent even met him and you got all this to say?.... wow

INSANEBA
07-24-2009, 08:02 AM
Nice looking mark man, as long as your happy who gives a sh!t about negative comments. Heres a pic of my old mark, and yes it's parked infront of a trailer lmao. Not my trailer, my neighbors but thought it was funny lol

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd80/INSANEBA/PHTO0039-1.jpg

jlt2006
07-24-2009, 08:08 AM
Looks good Jesse.

plated
07-24-2009, 08:21 AM
we need unity in the community:mad:

chadomac
07-24-2009, 08:47 AM
read the whole thread and well thats 10mins off my life ill never get back. cant we all just get along? :popcorn:

Stangman
07-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Nice looking mark man, as long as your happy who gives a sh!t about negative comments. Heres a pic of my old mark, and yes it's parked infront of a trailer lmao. Not my trailer, my neighbors but thought it was funny lol

I would die for a set of LSC headlights... and maybe those wheels too!

If you ever come across some LSC headlights cheap let me know!

Evil_Capri
07-24-2009, 10:23 AM

18" Cobra R's look damn good!! :bigthumb

INSANEBA
07-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks guys, I do miss that car. Thats what I traded for my 93 notchback, and still havent drove it yet lol. I actually swapped my stock lights out for the HID's at my buddys wrecking yard for FREE! As for the Y2K's, I bought them off of ebay, and had adaptors made to fit. It drove, handled and rode oh soo nice. I miss my mark, and would love to have another one to drive someday...

Stangman
07-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Thanks guys, I do miss that car. Thats what I traded for my 93 notchback, and still havent drove it yet lol. I actually swapped my stock lights out for the HID's at my buddys wrecking yard for FREE! As for the Y2K's, I bought them off of ebay, and had adaptors made to fit. It drove, handled and rode oh soo nice. I miss my mark, and would love to have another one to drive someday...

you oughta get that Buddy of yours to get me a set of HID housings! I'll trade him some rechromed base model lights! :D

INSANEBA
07-25-2009, 10:42 AM
I just lucked out because he had a 96 LSC he was getting ready to crush. I swapped them out when I traded the car for the notchback and sold them for $700 for the whole set-up. Those things are rediculous on price lol...

1992MustangDW
07-25-2009, 11:07 PM
man jessie car looks great

Stangman
07-26-2009, 02:34 AM
Thanks John! :bigthumb