PDA

View Full Version : electrical problems, (front end damaged)

latamud
07-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Alright everyone you're gonna have to bear with me. the newest Mustang I've ever owned was a 67. I'm new to EFI and mod motors at that. If you feel any of my questions could be answered by me reading an article or post somewhere please forward me. I have done some research and am trying to organize the info, a lot of changing of systems through the years and they don't necessarily overlap between them.
I have a 96 GT auto convertible I just bought off a local (CINCI) guy. It has front end damage (killed radiator, ac condenser and anything between that and the engine), air bags deployed, horn is stuck on, fuel pump is not priming when I turn the key. The engine does turn over fine, battery is charged good, inertia fuel cut off switch is fine in the rear.
Here is where I'm lost. Someone told me I could try bypassing the CCRM, so i know what and where that is and somewhat all it covers, like a multi function relay box. I can run a 20 fuse/switch in-line to one of the wires? What color wire do I tap into from the CCRM?
Does anyone have a fuse box diagram for the under hood box? It says see owners manual, didn't come with car.
Since the air bags are deployed, is there something that auto cut-off of the ignition in these instances? Is there a work around for this? I know the 2 black boxes in front of the radiator are the air bag sensors, are these one time use only? I'm thinking of going with an after market steering wheel and skip the air bags. I know some will dislike this but I'll explain later.
I've been reading that the computer has a "crash" memory, and might need to be reset by the dealership, or replaced. If so, how can I fix this, which one needs to be replaced/reset, and where is it located?
Any other ideas I should try that I obviously overlooked?

The rest of this doesn't pertain to my problem but it adds a little background on where I'm going with this car.
For those who know me, I'm always building on a budget. I try to do everything myself and have been successful with the classics. So, I was cruising craigslist and classifieds and found a 66 Mustang coupe, the 96 vert, and a Cobra IRS. Long story short I'm building a watered down SN65.
http://www.sn65.com/images/SN65%20Images/04-07-10%20(5).JPG
It'll look like a 66 coupe and drive like a 96 GT. Mine will be the OHC 4.6 with Auto. I'll have the IRS in the rear. All said and done I'm hoping to have under $3k out of pocket expenses. The rest will just be hard work and time. Oh, and I'm doing it in my driveway. (see below 3rd paragraph, 1st sentence)
http://horsepowersports.com/sn65-1965-mustang-body-2003-chassis/

latamud
07-30-2009, 03:32 PM
And this is why I don't want to fuck with fuel injection, too much shit to figure out.