PDA

View Full Version : Zoomtown question

Wolvrin704
07-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Just wondering if anyone would know the answer off hand. We have Cinci Bell and Zoomtown but have been considering dropping the landline and just go with our cell phones (Verizon). The landline is really uneeded now and we would save money. Does anyone know if you're required to have the landline to have Zoomtown? We like the Zoomtown and would like to keep it.

Pitbull1052
07-23-2009, 02:04 PM
I work for bell and have zoomtown I've got a deal where it's zoomtown and a landline for 20 a month..... I don't use the landline it's not a typical one it's one where if you make calls it costs you per min. but it's free out going.... again I don't even have a land line plugged in.

duststang
07-23-2009, 02:26 PM
i only have cell phones and zoomtown
the way it works is that you have to have a land line. They will give it to you for free incoming calls and you will have to pay per min for out going calls.

Pitbull1052
07-23-2009, 02:42 PM
That's what I said :OP

Holly
07-23-2009, 09:02 PM
They will give it to you for free incoming calls and you will have to pay per min for out going calls.

I thought I'd do that and save $20 a month, but when I changed my service, fockers turned off my voice mail and caller id! I called them to have it put back on and they wanted $18 a month to add both of them. I told them hell with it, give me back what I had. Then they screwed up my internet, I got home last night and it wasn't working so I called technical support. They told me they would have someone here NEXT Wednesday between 12 and 4. :rolleyes: Luckily, I know somebody that works there and he hooked me back up this morning. So now I'm going to let them drive all the way out here next week, knock on the door, only to find nobody is home, I'll be working. :evilgrin:

Waffles
07-23-2009, 10:02 PM
This is why I hate Bell.

mwaller5672
07-23-2009, 10:19 PM
I paid them a ton of money for there cell phone only to find out if my daughter called someone from her room it was roaming. It's against the law to charge roaming in your own service area. There was a class action law suit and they lost and never did pay.

Wolvrin704
07-24-2009, 01:38 AM
Well gee this doesn't sound good in the least. Guess I shoulda kept the RR. :(

Thanks for the replies. Like it or not I may have to look at switching back. Would it be worth it? I'm keeping my DirecTv so I just want a fast internet without having to pay out the nose for additional uneeded services like I am with Bell. Thats why I left TW was because their cable was getting crazy expensive.

wht_stang
07-24-2009, 06:29 PM
I'd get rid of zoomtown and go with roadrunner the service is way faster.

Wolvrin704
07-25-2009, 10:30 AM
I'd get rid of zoomtown and go with roadrunner the service is way faster.

I don't think it is. I went from RR to Zoomtown and it seemed just as fast if not faster. I may do it just to save money though.

BigBadStang
07-25-2009, 04:38 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/

Test your speed and see.

I have Zoomtown, and I download at 7.1Mbps, with an upload of 1.5Mbps...PLENTY fast enough. FUCK TIME WARNER!