PDA

View Full Version : WTF is going on in the UFC!?!

Paul408Notch
07-24-2009, 11:14 PM
So Affliction folded and is going to sponsor UFC again, Dana is trying to get rights to the former fighters, especially Fedor, and he re-signed Tito Ortiz? Some crazy happenings going on in the MMA world right now.

djom1cincy
07-24-2009, 11:20 PM
What what what?

corey331
07-24-2009, 11:27 PM
I pray to god that Fedor comes in and beats Lesnar into retirement.....

satan jamez
07-24-2009, 11:39 PM

That's a fight i'd pay to see :bigthumb

306Power
07-25-2009, 12:30 AM

I cant stand Brock Lesnar, I dont care who but I hope somebody tears him apart.

Tito on the other hand is just a bitch and will never be nothing more. The Light Heavy division is way to competitive right now for him to do anything.

Kwik92GT
07-25-2009, 01:56 AM
Fedor is coming, Dana is going to do whatever it takes. Brock fucked up when he talked shit on a major sponsor like Bud Light and all that other WWE crap he pulled after his last fight. If Dana don't like you or you bring negative attention to the UFC, he will get whoever he needs to get rid of you. Brock is about to find this out. :D Fedor will hand him his ass on a platter.

Waffles
07-25-2009, 04:25 AM
There is no fighter in MMA that I hate more than Lesnar. However, he showed much improvement against Mir. He was controlled (until after the fight) and patient. I still think he has little talent and relies completely on his size.

Fedor is incredible. The best thing about Fedor is that he absolutely has the heart of a champion. I'm a bigger fan of his as a person, than him as a fighter. Many of my friends are actually worried about Fedor vs Lesnar beacuse of his shear size and explosiveness. I still have to give Fedor's experience the nod. I don't think he'll just walk through Lesnar, but all it will take is one slight hesitation; one tiny mistake; and a fighter like Fedor will capitalize on it and it'll be all over before Lesnar has a clue why his arm is bent at that weird angle.

If you have any doubts about Fedor, watch this video:
Fedor : The Baddest Man on the Planet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jgDmhY0K4g)

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/upload/news/080101_p18_tapping.jpg

I also think that we won't have to wait for Fedor to beat Lesnar. I think Shane Carwin is a better fighter and Brock won't have that huge size advantage. I think Carwin has the ability to KO or submit Lesnar either way.

http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/shanecarwin.jpg

Paul408Notch
07-25-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm really excited about what's going on right now. And more rumors are going around about ESPN wanting some kind of deal with the UFC. Don't know if it's to air fights, or for coverage or what, but that would be a HUGE boost for the company.

Dana has a press conference set for the 31st right now, so it sounds like we'll find out a lot more then.

rpppaprp
07-25-2009, 10:06 AM
I cant wait to see Fedor vs Brock. I think Fedor will beat him but I have to say he will get beat around for a while before he does. Lesnnar may be mouthy, but he can still kick some ass. As far as Tito being a bitch, If thats how you look at a fighter when they lose to someone, there are a lot of bitches in the mma world. Would you consider Chuck Lidell or Randy Couture bitches also? I didnt think so. The fact of the matter is, anyone willing to put there self in the position these guys do, has got to have balls. I cant stand Lidell, but he is a bad mother F#*@%r.

djom1cincy
07-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Every one Hates Brock. Lets see. He has a attitude and is cocky so that makes him a bad guy. The guy is a freak. He' 6-3, 265 pounds, walks around at 285, fast, has power, and world class wrestler. The first fight against Mir he was kicking his ass till he got set himself up for a knee bar. Every other fight he has had his way. I like watching him because he is just a monster and tries to kill the guy he's fighting. I've seen the Fedor highlights. That guy is a bad ass. He's beat some big guys size wise. None of those guys have the talent that Brock has. It will be a good fight and I hope it happens. I just don't think that Fedor will walk through Brock like all the haters thinks so. The baddest man on earth is going to have his hands full.

Pitbull1052
07-25-2009, 11:29 AM
one word KIMBO!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait hes the one whos going to punish Brock!!!!

89notch
07-25-2009, 11:38 AM

Really? Kimbo is a joke and I wouldn't be surprise if he doesn't make it into the house after the preliminary fights. I hope he does make it in the house just so it will make good television.

I know everyone hates Brock but he has the potential to be one of the greatest heavyweights of all time. With his wrestling background and size if he can perfect his ground and pound and have some type of stand up he will be unstoppable.

JonS
07-25-2009, 11:38 AM

LOL, I hope that is a joke.

Lesnar is a bad dude and I hate him. I think he will beat Carwin without much trouble, Fedor will be another story. I believe Fedor will twist one of Brock's appendages off before he knows what happened. I can't wait.

Walter
07-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Really? Kimbo is a joke and I wouldn't be surprise if he doesn't make it into the house after the preliminary fights. I hope he does make it in the house just so it will make good television.

I know everyone hates Brock but he has the potential to be one of the greatest heavyweights of all time. With his wrestling background and size if he can perfect his ground and pound and have some type of stand up he will be unstoppable.

The cast is already selected. No one had to fight to get in the house this season. Word is that Wes Sims spilled the beans and said Kimbo lost his first fight. I think its a publicity stunt tho.

Anyhow, Fedor>Lesnar>Carwin>Penn>Kimbo. LOL

Walter
07-25-2009, 12:19 PM

Ummm, no.

Pitbull1052
07-25-2009, 03:19 PM
u guys r too easy lol

BigBadStang
07-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Way too much 'man love' in here...:lol:

Waffles
07-26-2009, 04:08 AM
Every one Hates Brock. Lets see. He has a attitude and is cocky so that makes him a bad guy. The guy is a freak. He' 6-3, 265 pounds, walks around at 285, fast, has power, and world class wrestler. The first fight against Mir he was kicking his ass till he got set himself up for a knee bar. Every other fight he has had his way. I like watching him because he is just a monster and tries to kill the guy he's fighting. I've seen the Fedor highlights. That guy is a bad ass. He's beat some big guys size wise. None of those guys have the talent that Brock has. It will be a good fight and I hope it happens. I just don't think that Fedor will walk through Brock like all the haters thinks so. The baddest man on earth is going to have his hands full.

I was absolutely broken over Lesnar beating Randy, but he wasn't kicking his ass. Randy did his fair share of pushing a man 60lbs heavier around the cage. Randy got caught, simple as that. Lesnar's finish was downright sad. A man that big dropping a hundred hammerfists on Randy's head should have made it explode.

Ummm... please tell me you're not serious...

Agreed. My only speck of respect for Kimbo comes from him actually being on the Ultimate Fighter. Not that he had a lot of choice, because the UFC is the only place to fight and that's the only option Dana gave him. But hey, at least he sucked it up and did it.

You give Lesnar much more than I do. He's big. That's all I give him.

u guys r too easy lol

Kimbo's momma is too easy. Come to think of it, bitch owes me some money. Time to lay the pimp hand down. :lol:

Paul408Notch
07-26-2009, 09:28 AM
I was glad that Brock beat Frank, but it's just because Frank does more shit-talking than almost anybody I've seen. I'm not a fan of fighters that constantly talk shit. Come to think of it, I'm not a fan of anybody that constantly talks shit, guess that explains some things.

I think Brock's behavior after the fight was completely inappropriate. After he beat Randy, I thought he showed a little bit of respect, but this time he did the exact same thing he did after he beat Heath Herring... acted like a cocky asshole.

I think Fedor could probably beat Brock, but even that's no guarantee with how Brock can use his size as an advantage. I enjoy watching Fedor, but I don't think he's as bulletproof as people make him out to be. Arlovski was winning their fight until he was an idiot and came in for that flying knee.

As far as Kimbo, I like Kimbo. The guy is trying his ass off to get ahead in the MMA world, and did what he needed to do to get the UFC's attention. He could have made millions by going over to Japan and fighting in freak-show fights, but he took the hard path and went through the ultimate fighter to get there. He's obviously not even in the top 10 heavyweights right now, but at least the guy is trying to get somewhere.

306Power
07-26-2009, 10:01 AM
I cant wait to see Fedor vs Brock. I think Fedor will beat him but I have to say he will get beat around for a while before he does. Lesnnar may be mouthy, but he can still kick some ass. As far as Tito being a bitch, If thats how you look at a fighter when they lose to someone, there are a lot of bitches in the mma world. Would you consider Chuck Lidell or Randy Couture bitches also? I didnt think so. The fact of the matter is, anyone willing to put there self in the position these guys do, has got to have balls. I cant stand Lidell, but he is a bad mother F#*@%r.

Tito isnt a bitch because he loses? Tito is a bitch because he runs his mouth then back downs even when Dana wanted to schedule a boxing match with him. He wouldnt shut up but he didnt back it up either.

rpppaprp
07-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Tito isnt a bitch because he loses? Tito is a bitch because he runs his mouth then back downs even when Dana wanted to schedule a boxing match with him. He wouldnt shut up but he didnt back it up either.

I'm pretty sure that if you do some more research you will see there was a lot more to that situation. If I am not mistaken, it was Ortiz who was fighting with Dana to help fighters get more of the money for getting the shit knocked out of each other. If you check you will also see there was more fighters who wanted to see Tito win the dispute, but did not want to be put in the spotlight. I dont think it would be hard to figure out what Dana would do to the fighters who decide to rebel against him.

306Power
07-26-2009, 11:35 AM
I just cant stand his mouth, he has talent as a fighter for sure. Just dont like his mouth and attitude.

rpppaprp
07-26-2009, 09:30 PM
He was kinda an ass to the Shamrocks,huh?

306Power
07-26-2009, 10:17 PM
And to Chuck Liddell..........

05yellowgt
07-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Brock went into WWE mode after the Mir fight. That is what he was programmed to do by the promoters his entire career there. Other than bad mouthing to sponsor I don't really blame Brock his other actions post fight. Mir talked a lot of shit all the way up to the fight and got himself pounded into mush.

A lot of people seem to say that Brock is all size and thats it. If he wasn't a WWE fighter before entering MMA people would be all over this guys nuts based on his college wrestling background alone. He does use his wrestling quite a bit but his sheer size and power masks that. Carwin is no where near the size of Brock either. Just because two fighters weigh in at the same weight means nothing. Carwin walks around at about 265 every day and Brock is 285 at least. I think it will be a decent fight but in the end I don't think anyone will be taking the title away from Brock any time soon, Fedor included. He has beat many big fighters in the past but I do believe that UFC heavyweights are a few notches above the super heavyweights that Fedor has become famous for beating in other organizations.

5.0calypso93lx
07-27-2009, 10:13 AM
So if there is a Fedor vs. Brock, who's willing to bet me that Fedor loses???

Rob
07-27-2009, 10:52 AM
They need to put two guys against a monster like Brock, now that would be entertainment

05yellowgt
07-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Hahaha, he's not Andre the Giant or something.