PDA

View Full Version : Who's Running a FAST EFI?

stangfireman
07-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Ok, as some may know, I purchased TT from Holly. Quite honestly, I don't know squat about this FAST. (Or turbos for that matter LOL) Holly said she will be mailing me the manual on it, but I have a few questions I'll post through here as I think of them. :)

Ok, I downloaded the C-ComWP software off the FAST site. Can I now plug my laptop into the box? I haven't done anything for fear of losing my tune. LOL I would like to save it in case something ever happens.

Thanks for your time!

Paul408Notch
07-28-2009, 07:33 PM
You connect the cable to the 9-pin serial port on your laptop, open the c-com, and click communications, then connect. Once you're connected, you click File, then Save all tables. Save it as a file name you won't forget, and never lose it.

stangfireman
07-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Thank you so much! Glad it won't be deleted. LOL

stangfireman
07-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Dammit! They both have female plugs. LOL

Paul408Notch
07-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Sounds like your laptop doesn't have a 9-pin serial port. That port you're looking at is probably for a monitor output or something. You'll probably need a USB to serial adapter for it. From what I read a couple of years ago, there are only 1 or 2 that people seem to have much luck with. Check over on www.theturboforums.com and see if any of them have a suggestion for one.

stangfireman
07-29-2009, 05:58 PM
I went and bought an adapter. It connected and I saved the file. Thanks for your help! I was too scared to plug it in. LOL