PDA

View Full Version : Who on here Reloads ammo? 50AE????

MWoods26
07-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Anybody on here have a press and do .50 Action Expresse?? I have a few hundred rounds of once fired brass from my Desert Eagle and would gladly pay someone a fair price to crank out 100 rounds or so. Ive been thinking of buying a press and learning to do it for years now but just never have.

Mista Bone
07-29-2009, 10:32 PM
good luck buying a press and primers nowadays.

It is not hard to do. I would start by collecting different powder info and how much need, always start at about 80% max charge unless otherwise stated.

I would look at Midway USA online to get prices of what you are gonna need.

I started with a single stage press and Lee Powder dippers for my 357 mag, the first load of 9.8 grs of Blue Dot was the best load ever through my SW 686, Winchester 158 JHP with small pistol primers, not magnum primers.

I regret have to sell everything, but I had to eat somehow.

MWoods26
07-29-2009, 10:42 PM
I dont know about primers but I have seen plenty of presses for sale. Was looking at them at the gun show last month and there is a ton on ebay

DeckerEnt
07-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Dillon progressive reloading machines are top notch!! I have the SDB in 9mm. Have reloaded thousands of rounds with it. Like Chaz said, good luck finding primers. People are getting into reloading and primer production can't keep up with demand.
It is fun and inexpensive to reload. I have been doing it for years..

ADaughen
07-30-2009, 11:24 AM
I'll have to check my load book, but I might have data on the .50AE if you want/need it.

I don't have dies for .50 or I'd help you. Decent dies will run ~$65-80.

For reference, I have 9mm, 10mm, .380, .40, .45, .38spl, .357mag dies.

Dillon progressives are nice. I looked at a 600(?) model, but I didn't have the money for it. I got a little Lee loader which does the job, albeit slower.

If you can't find someone to load it, get on AR15.com hometown forum and ask around there. I'm sure someone will help locally. There's a big group from Cinci and Dayton that have always been helpful.

And if they can't help you out, you could just sell the brass in the Equipment Exchange for ~$.40+ per round (not sure what the going rate is on once shot .50AE brass).

cstreu1026
07-30-2009, 12:01 PM
mmmm 10mm......thats something on my wish list

ADaughen
07-30-2009, 12:45 PM
mmmm 10mm......thats something on my wish list

Same die set as .40, just a bigger bang. Make sure you set the right bullet depth for 10mm if/when you reload. :bigthumb

MWoods26
01-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Anybody know of any reloading services where you just send them your brass? I googled it and couldnt find much. I think "the brass kings" from Mi. that are always at the gun shows do it but I couldnt find a website for those guys. Anyways I would love to get a few hundred rounds done, I dont have the time to buy a press and learn myself right now.

ADaughen
01-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Anybody know of any reloading services where you just send them your brass? I googled it and couldnt find much. I think "the brass kings" from Mi. that are always at the gun shows do it but I couldnt find a website for those guys. Anyways I would love to get a few hundred rounds done, I dont have the time to buy a press and learn myself right now.

It might help to know what caliber you want. There are a few people on here that reload.

MWoods26
01-04-2010, 01:10 PM
It might help to know what caliber you want. There are a few people on here that reload.

Might help if you open your eyes and read:D Says 50ae right in the title of my first post

87stangbbb
01-04-2010, 02:12 PM
lmfao

ADaughen
01-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Might help if you open your eyes and read:D Says 50ae right in the title of my first post

:lol:

Thread is ancient. I didn't remember you were the OP. I get my email that there was an update and it goes right to the last read post. :flipoff: