PDA

View Full Version : Pinks camaro rebuild thread

89notch
07-31-2009, 06:09 PM
Ok So I'm going to start this thread to show the process of the camaro as we go. Right now the car is back into my possession and at Mike Bells shop Dayton Performance. We have the transmission out and ready to go to Jim to get it fixed. I'm still looking for someone to look at the converter to make sure its ok. After I got the transmission out I was looking around and found the front freeze out plugs pushed out of the block from sitting outside for a year. As of now it doesnt look like there is any damage to the block. I'm hoping for the best but for now it looks ok. I will post up pics as we go

plated
07-31-2009, 06:20 PM
damn got the tranny out :lol:quick lol biggup's to daytonperformance for stepping up again to do such a good thing.

FMGT1999
07-31-2009, 07:13 PM
Good luck with that Kelly, let me know if there is anything I can do from here to help out!

Kyle

RACEME
08-01-2009, 07:39 AM
I will get the trans monday and get it to Jim.

DeckerEnt
08-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Good to see progress with this. If you guys need anything, just ask.

PonymanfiveO
08-01-2009, 07:29 PM
I hope the engine is ok. Otherwise Holly and Amanda have been jipped out of a good chunk of money.

NXcoupe
08-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Anything it needs will get done, be confident of that fact.....

Dirtyd0g
08-04-2009, 11:28 AM
I started a thread for the converter.
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56785

347sc
08-04-2009, 11:49 AM
I picked up the tach and DeckerEnt donation yesterday. will be taking it to Kelly to take to Mike later tonight.

black90lx
08-04-2009, 01:52 PM
If you guys need any help then give me a call kelly.

RACEME
08-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Trans will be at Wideners today weather permitting.

NXcoupe
08-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks for picking that up Tim. Things coming along...

DeckerEnt
08-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Someone is going to ask so I will be the first. Pics are good.

DeckerEnt
08-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Update this please. What's going on with it now?

89notch
08-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Waiting on the tranny...jim said mid next week

RACEME
08-14-2009, 06:41 AM
I went over the trans with Jim last night. That thing is smoked! He will make it all better.

347sc
08-14-2009, 09:07 AM
The tach and donation was dropped off also.

89notch
11-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Ok its time for an update on the camaro....The transmission is back in with the new starter and is mobile again. Also the freeze plugs have been replaced. Now the car has developed a miss to it just haven't had time to figure it out yet. The battery is also shot and has to be jumped whenever started. I have the tach just need to wire it up and mount it.

A huge thanks to the guys and girls At Dayton Performance for all the help and the storage of the car. I'm going to pick the car up within the next couple days and take it over to Dave "Snotz" house to store it while we finish up all the small stuff to sell this thing. This thing should have been sold 2 years ago but with all the problems it just hasnt happened. My goal is to have this thing ready to sell ASAP

snotzs135
11-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Let me know when you are coming Kelly will have a spot cleaned out for ya!

MrsAPE
11-12-2009, 06:04 PM
His name is Tiny cuz he's so small... good to know it's close to being done!!

beefcake
11-12-2009, 06:52 PM
good to see progress!!! :)

KB1
05-25-2010, 03:35 PM
I was watching the Legendary Pinks Episode!!! & I was curious as to what happened to the Camaro???

Kevin

2Kblacksleeper
05-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Last time I saw it was at Dayton performance.

cstreu1026
05-26-2010, 03:15 PM
It hasn't been there for months.

89notch
05-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Its in my garage. Mike Bell is working on getting all the info we need to list it then it will be sold ASAP. I'm tired of this thing sitting around collecting dust. I want to sell it and give Amanda the money

Metcalf Racing
05-29-2010, 12:14 AM
Why wasn't it just sold when the mustang was? Everyone that would have bid watched the show. A $1500 tranny deduction at max would have been better than storing it till no one remembers the car

black90lx
05-29-2010, 12:30 PM
the car would be would be worth alot more if it was fixed.

JASON408
05-29-2010, 12:54 PM
not worth nothing if it never gets sold . 5 bucks is better than no bucks !@!

black90lx
05-29-2010, 01:37 PM
yea but when someone says they will do it for real cheap and dont fix it then lets it sit outside the whole time then shit gets stolen without replacing the parts i blame it on them.

89notch
05-29-2010, 03:00 PM
As soon as Mike gives me the details on the motor the car will be listed for sale. I might have a buyer for the car local but need to figure everything out

Metcalf Racing
05-29-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm just saying with all the time past the car was worth more broke right after the show aired than it will be worth fixed now

Squale iii
05-29-2010, 06:21 PM
So...is this a car someone won on pinks and never got around to selling or what?

Metcalf Racing
05-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Stangbangerz built a Mustang a few years back in memory of vinny50h The creator of SBZ. They won the car but the car broke the tranny. The mustang got sold and the Camaro has been floating around in limbo ever since. Now like I said its just a ruff Camaro with no real numbers to back it up in an ad. Most people won't even remember the car so the value is way down..Kinda sad really.. I do give Props to Mike Bell though for trying to make moves happen with it

black90lx
05-29-2010, 08:31 PM
It has put on the back burner because the shop that was supposed to rebuild the tranny screwed around and stuff got stolen out of the car because they let it sit outside the whole time.

Metcalf Racing
05-30-2010, 12:03 PM
The car got fixed once. Not sold but re broke

black90lx
05-30-2010, 02:30 PM
But it wasn't fixed right. Lol.

89notch
05-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Stangbangerz built a Mustang a few years back in memory of vinny50h The creator of SBZ. They won the car but the car broke the tranny. The mustang got sold and the Camaro has been floating around in limbo ever since. Now like I said its just a ruff Camaro with no real numbers to back it up in an ad. Most people won't even remember the car so the value is way down..Kinda sad really.. I do give Props to Mike Bell though for trying to make moves happen with it

Worry about your own shit. Your not involved and its really none of your business. I agree the car should have been sold a long time ago but shit happened. The tranny is fixed correctly now and the car will be sold. The reason the car was raced again is because we had 0 numbers on a race only car. Its kinda hard to sell a race car when you cant produce anything about the car.

I suggest your tread lightly on this subject or you will not be on here long. I already got a few phone calls over the weekend asking me to ban you for talking shit about it.

Metcalf Racing
05-31-2010, 10:22 AM
Worry about your own shit. Your not involved and its really none of your business. I agree the car should have been sold a long time ago but shit happened. The tranny is fixed correctly now and the car will be sold. The reason the car was raced again is because we had 0 numbers on a race only car. Its kinda hard to sell a race car when you cant produce anything about the car.

I suggest your tread lightly on this subject or you will not be on here long. I already got a few phone calls over the weekend asking me to ban you for talking shit about it.

You aint going to talk to me like that Kelly. You also aint going to ban me for asking a question and giving an opinion. I never said anything about you. So I suggest you get off my back in a hurry. If someone wants to cry to you have them cry to me. (513)464-7765

Flaming87lx
05-31-2010, 10:30 AM
You aint going to talk to me like that Kelly. You also aint going to ban me for asking a question and giving an opinion. I never said anything about you. So I suggest you get off my back in a hurry. If someone wants to cry to you have them cry to me. (513)464-7765

OH SNAP, :popcorn:

8banger
05-31-2010, 10:56 AM
:popcorn::popcorn:

JASON408
05-31-2010, 01:06 PM
:popcorn:If you can be banned for saying something thats true and bringing light to a subject alot of people care about thats just wrong !! Im sure you want this done as much as the next guy . But saying your going to ban someone because its making you look bad is wrong if he said something that is not true lets here it . I now mecalf has done some stufff thats a lillte over the top in the past but not this time .. He just asking what other people asked a year ago longer it goes on the more it starts to steem roll

juiced
05-31-2010, 01:12 PM
unless your threating or someone or something along those lines that banning people is over rated

Kwik92GT
05-31-2010, 01:40 PM
Like I said in the "why" thread.

SOFT as frickin cotton around here anymore. :rolleyes:

NO SHOT
05-31-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm sure Kelly wasnt really going to ban him for no reason.He just sounds a little stressed out.If there is a local buyer interested I would like to have heard a price I kinda like those old camaros.Or is it a buddy system??:cool2:

89notch
05-31-2010, 01:59 PM
The difference is he doesn't give a fuck about the camaro or the money.He is only in this because it's his chance to stir shit. Here's the deal I'm tired of fucking with this car. I've spent alot of my own money on this car and the mustabg only to be shit on every chance someone gets. I regret on a regular basis ever heading this thing up. If it wasn't for all the help I had from a handful of guys it would hav never happened in the first place. It's the people that never lifted a finger who want to bitch and complain. I'm going to drop the rest of the mustang money off to Amanda and the title to the camaro to holly and someone else can deal with this headache. I'm done dealing with any of it I tried to do something nice for Vinny, Holly and Amanda and have caught nothing but grieve since the beginning. Whoever wants to step up and store this camaro and sell it just say the word and I will drop it off.

89notch
05-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Not the buddy system at all I don't even know the guy or know how much to price it for.

Metcalf Racing
05-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Well giving them money for a car that has been sold for over a year or two seems like a good idea. We have a place to store it and an Ebay account to sell it so let me know if you need help

NO SHOT
05-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Not the buddy system at all I don't even know the guy or know how much to price it for.

I kinda like them cars let me know what the plan is plan..
Also Kelly what everybody did was a good thing.What happened was terrible.And I'm sure his family is grateful.As for the grief and stuff like that There is only one who will see the good and the bad in all of us.What Craig was saying in a nice way is the camaro maybe would have brought more cash with a bad trans and the prestige of pinks following it.Everyone that watched the program seen it lose the trans.After all this time it is just a fast camaro now.But it will work out.

stocknotch
05-31-2010, 04:44 PM
The difference is he doesn't give a fuck about the camaro or the money.He is only in this because it's his chance to stir shit. Here's the deal I'm tired of fucking with this car. I've spent alot of my own money on this car and the mustabg only to be shit on every chance someone gets. I regret on a regular basis ever heading this thing up. If it wasn't for all the help I had from a handful of guys it would hav never happened in the first place. It's the people that never lifted a finger who want to bitch and complain. I'm going to drop the rest of the mustang money off to Amanda and the title to the camaro to holly and someone else can deal with this headache. I'm done dealing with any of it I tried to do something nice for Vinny, Holly and Amanda and have caught nothing but grieve since the beginning. Whoever wants to step up and store this camaro and sell it just say the word and I will drop it off.

So did Amanda get like monthly payments from the mustang money that sold over a year ago? I didn't know Ebay offered that option. I thought that whatever you buy on there had to be paid for in full before getting whatever item you purchased. Hopefully, the money will help Amanda and Holly out though. In todays economy, every little bit helps!!!

KB1
05-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Man I feel like shit for even raising the question, I watched the DVR the other night w. my friends & gave them the whole run down of the who, what, why's & how comes of the hard work that Kelly & the others did, they were very impressed w. the effort & the cause, then they asked the question what happened to the cars??? I knew that Vinny's car went to a good home! however I didn't have an answer for the Camaro.......so that's why I posted the question, didn't mean to "Poke The Bear".:(

Metcalf Racing
05-31-2010, 05:17 PM
You didn't poke any bear. All you did was shine a little light on something that needs flood lights on

JIMS SVT
05-31-2010, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=KB1;573152] then they asked the question what happened to the cars??? I knew that Vinny's car went to a good home! however I didn't have an answer for the Camaro QUOTE]

The Pinks mustang wasnt Vinnys car.The pinks car was a totally different car.

KB1
05-31-2010, 07:58 PM
:doh::doh:Thanks Jim, I got Twisted Twins confused w/ the Pinks car!

89notch
05-31-2010, 07:59 PM
The money for Amanda is still sitting in the same bank account that it was put into when the car was sold. I've kept every monthly statement to prove I never spent any of the money.

plated
05-31-2010, 08:05 PM
The money for Amanda is still sitting in the same bank account that it was put into when the car was sold. I've kept every monthly statement to prove I never spent any of the money.
it's a shame something so good had to come to this,i'm sure vinny knows we ment well,i'm sure you have other things to worry about sell the car and get the crap out of your hair,and learn from it i guess is all we can do now:rolleyes: still was a good time and brought a bunch of good people together for a goodtime and cause....wanna do it again:rolleyes:

Metcalf Racing
05-31-2010, 08:15 PM
The Pinks mustang was a donated car with all sponsored or donated parts built by SBZ. I was planing on donating as much time and parts as I could and a few of us had a falling out. Myself and several others step aside on the project and let some of the "know it alls" take over. True after I made this decision I started giving a select few a real hard time. Most of the guys had no good racing experience and most had never had a fast car. So instead of being part of the solution I made myself part of the problem. But just because I stepped away from the project didn't mean I didn't believe in the cause I just couldn't fade the idiots. I do however feel the car should have been sold the same time as the mustang. Now a few years down the road the camaro still sits broke and now I know Holly never got fully paid for the mustang. That's sickening.

ibstrokin
05-31-2010, 09:07 PM
Kelly, stop responding to this thread, there is just nothing positive to come from it. You did a good thing, everyone involved knows it, everyone not involved doesn't matter.

Metcalf Racing
05-31-2010, 09:14 PM
Really? Why's that?

Metcalf Racing
05-31-2010, 09:42 PM
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

#1 03-15-2007, 08:17 PM
89notch
Moderator Join Date: Feb 2004

Stangbangerz.com has the opportunity to build car for the TV show Pinks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been working with the Tv show pinks in the last few weeks and today I think the plan came together. I got the approval from Holly and the other Admins to go forward with the project. I also received a call from Nate the show producer telling me to move forward with our build. The only hang up would be if the Network Speed TV declines the show but it sounds like that is a slim possibility. I will be starting a projects in progress build thread to follow the build of the car. The next season we would be racing on begins filming in July and we are still unsure of what track we would be racing at.

This car is going to be built as a tribute to Vinny and all of the people we have on this board. All proceeds if we win on the show will be given to Holly to do whatever she likes with it. I told Nate if we do win we will be selling the cars on Ebay and giving the money to Holly. Nate said that pinks has been trying to stay away from charity cars but they can make an exception in this case since Vinny had a true love for these cars. In the event our car is canceled from the show or the show cancels or anything that causes the car to not make the show the car will be auctioned off and the money will still be given to Holly.
Everyone is welcome to help with the car and are encouraged to help. The car will be built at my house in my 2 car detached garage except when it is out getting a Cage installed or the Nasty paint Job that 347sc and Platedturbonotch will be putting on it.

I'm going to ask that if anyone has any parts that they would like to donate that would be great even if its not parts that we need and you dont have a need for them we thought we would sell theses parts on Ebay and use the money to purchase what we need.

Also if any site sponsors would like to donate there services that would also be greatly appreciated. Whether it be welding, stickers made ETC.

I'm going to make a post in the wanted parts thread for items that we are lacking and also make some calls to some manufactures to see if they are interested in contributing to our cause. I already have some Major donations that came with just a simple phone call this evening.

We were asked to bring a small block turbo car that runs around 10.50's which should be a problem

Donated Parts

88 4 cylinder coupe-CRC Automotive in Carlisle Oh
Wastegate and Blow off valve from JGS Turbo
Possibly a complete GT40p longblock
Possibly a complete set of wheels and Tires from Tirediscounters.
And many more that I will be mentioning in another thread

Also if anyone has any connections at any business for parts we may need this would be great. Just let me know who you are contacting so we don't call them twice. Email me at Kshot82@aol.com for the fastest responce

Holly should have Everything to do with as she wants. I'm not sure where Amanda plays into this but this is where the car should be not in a said bank account. I thought this was being built to help Holly recovery from her loss. It looks to me like It turned into a "LOOK AT WHAT I DID!!!" fest.

Like I said if you need help selling the car let me know!! I have lots of experience:bigthumb

k062693w
05-31-2010, 09:50 PM
WOW !!! I don't know what else to say but WOW !!!

89notch
05-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Again not that it's any of your business but holly did get paid for the mustang. There was no hurry to get amandas money to her since she wouldn't have access to it until she is 18 anyways. I'm done with this thread. The people who need to be involved are up to speed on everything.

Metcalf Racing
05-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Thats cool that all 3 of you know whats up and the other 8500 members are left hanging:bigthumb

Again in the post above explains the rules. Holly should have all the money to give to Amanda as she sees fit. I can quote it again if you need me to

Maximus
05-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Craig, its none of your business. Holly and Amanda are being taken care of.

Now do the right thing and back off this subject.

Metcalf Racing
06-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Lol. I already have

Metcalf Racing
06-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Kinda feel like your busting my balls for no real reason

Mista Bone
06-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Kinda feel like your busting my balls for no real reason

Because all you've and a select few have been doing is stirring up shit this weekend. You're ruining the forum for everyone else.

Metcalf Racing
06-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Shut up stupid. Go drink you another one and drive home.

Metcalf Racing
06-01-2010, 12:51 AM
I was trying to have a mature conversation and its turned into a boo hoooo, we love Kelly Shotwell parade like I figured it would. Be soft let him keep the camaro. Only a few people seem to care lord forbid someone talk about it

Dirtyd0g
06-01-2010, 01:00 AM
Ya know I didn't know Vinny very well, in fact I never met him however I get the feeling he would have told a bunch of people to shut up with all this drama. I thought this site was about cars and friends not pissing and moaning. I have my own opinion on a few things that have happened and don't think a few things are what they appear to be, however without proof I am just going to keep it to myself.
Alan

Metcalf Racing
06-01-2010, 01:05 AM
If you have something to say its always better to man up and say them. And I did know Vinny and he told me to shut up all the time.

Metcalf Racing
06-01-2010, 01:16 AM
I just feel like this is non since. Its been years and the car is still around. I was un aware of this till I read the thread. That's why I am running my mouth. I think holly has been screwed bad in this situation. Weather she knows it or not and weather she even cares. I don't know that she does care. But it does bother me. I think a select few guys including Kelly took part in this project to better their social standing and not for the sole purpose of helping Holly and now I have to dill with noobs telling me Vinny wouldn't want this. I get so sick of hearing that. Fact his the camaro got fixed Kelly took it and broke it last year and he still has it and Holly still hasn't be paid. Hug and kiss him

Mista Bone
06-01-2010, 01:59 AM
Shut up stupid. Go drink you another one and drive home.

Sorry, I've been at home all day drinking diet Dew.

cobrajoe
06-01-2010, 12:12 PM
:popcorn::drunk:

egbertnr
11-14-2010, 09:15 PM
I cant find that episode on youtube anymore.....GLWS

89notch
11-14-2010, 09:43 PM
I cant find that episode on youtube anymore.....GLWS
Try hulu and type in Kelly Shotwell

draggin50
11-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Here ya go.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/130373/pinks-87-mustang-vs-75-camaro#s-p2-so-i0

jack90gt
11-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Man thats a badass notch.....Who has it now?

black90lx
11-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Man thats a badass notch.....Who has it now?

some mexican in mexico

jack90gt
11-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Hell no are you serious????

draggin50
11-14-2010, 11:52 PM
yes he is!!!

jack90gt
11-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Wow was it auctioned off or ebay or what? Proceeds went to the family right? WTH is a messican goona do with that car in mexico?????

egbertnr
11-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Wow was it auctioned off or ebay or what? Proceeds went to the family right? WTH is a messican goona do with that car in mexico?????

Hopefully kill some more Chevys!

TurboNG
11-15-2010, 12:43 AM
I think i seen it on YouTube...

jack90gt
11-15-2010, 12:46 AM
I better be killin chevys if not he can't drive.....

INSANEBA
11-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Either that or he is hauling his 15 member family around in it lmao!

draggin50
11-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Here is the link for the Mexican video of the pinks car. Not to hijack or anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJmsykEj_4w&feature=youtube_gdata_player