PDA

View Full Version : Getting that itch to sell again

mustangboy
08-02-2009, 09:50 PM
I know if I actually put it up for sale I will catch a ton of crap from everyone but I'm getting that itch to sell the 93 notch. I have been really getting the urge to build a new garage/work shop for my powder work and a place to park the camper. I have also gotten back into riding 4 wheelers and find that I enjoy that more than cruising in the stang. Anyway just looking for some feedback on what everyone thinks it may be worth or if I'm just stupid. Just burnt on Mustangs right now and really want another garage. BTW for those that don't know it is in my sig and has a 347/t5 and makes 402hp at the wheels.

kennebellcobra
08-02-2009, 09:59 PM
So that message you left the other night...you were serious:eek:

Wish I had some extra cash...that car is clean:bigthumb

How about I let you park your camper in my garage for the coupe:lol:

sean
08-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I am not one to give advise on getting rid of something. I sell and trade faster than I get them. Your car looks very nice and I am sure it will get a nice price whenever you let it go. If right now you want some space and a 4 wheeler or 2 go for it. I love to ride 4 wheelers and you may as well do it now while your body will let you. You can always cruise around when your older and you body wont let you go 4 wheeling.

mustangboy
08-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Well Shannon I'd let you drive it anytime you want if you let me park the camper in there for the winter.

kennebellcobra
08-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Well Shannon I'd let you drive it anytime you want if you let me park the camper in there for the winter.

You might see it at the track with a 347 Dart and a Kenne Bell;)

Stangman
08-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Damnit Kenny! :lol: j/k Just put a big block in it... Since I am closer to finishing a big block car... you gotta catch up! btw you know anyone with a c4 bellhousing for a big block?

mustangboy
08-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Hey Jesse I don't know of anyone w/ a bell. The big block was cool but this motor does make 150hp more than the bb did, however it would cost at least 5x more to build this motor vs the big block.

BlazinEagle
08-02-2009, 11:47 PM
I say go for what makes you happy at the moment! We do not live forever so live it up while it lasts!

7721Cobra
08-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Sweet ride Kenny. Heres my 2cents. The way I look at it is this; I know with my car at least. If I sold it could I build another one? Probably not; with a 1yo and planning trying for another, I wouldn't have the extra cash to do it all over again. But on the other hand if your not into it any more, then sell it and get what you want.

mustangboy
08-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Hey Glen congrats on the little one and good luck w/ the second. Its not like I don't like stangs anymore, I just have different priorities now.

RACEME
08-03-2009, 06:41 AM
How much was the previous owner asking for it when you traded? I would think the typical clean notch with H/C/I usually goes for $6500-7500 making about 300 to the wheels. Yours should bring $8500+

mustangboy
08-03-2009, 09:48 AM
The guy I got it from was asking $10k and of course I would like to get a little more as I've put another $1200 in it but if I do list it up bottom dollar would be $10k with a possiblity of a 20-28ft enclosed trailer or another quad as partial trade.

plated
08-03-2009, 10:37 AM
i really don't miss mine much at all,it's just a car sell it build your garage you can always seem to mustard up another stang down the road

Kevin1989
08-03-2009, 12:13 PM
sell it now... build/buy what you want and maybe come winter when mustangs prices seem to go down buy a little project toy to tinker with.

boostanggt
08-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Do what makes you happy. I guess when you say you are going to hold onto something for awhile... is 6 months awhile for you?

facemelter71
08-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Wish I could do that.Im sure if I had the chance to swap and trade like you I would.I say do it.

MrsAPE
08-03-2009, 05:01 PM
and planning trying for another

Sweet!!

sean
08-03-2009, 05:36 PM
I hate to admit it but kids are waaaay cooler than anything I have ever bought.

4barrel
08-06-2009, 04:24 AM
Here's my advice. Sell. Build. Use the equipment to make more money than the equipment you currently have could make. Use the profits to buy another 'Stang IF you want one.

By the way, I haven't forgot to bring my headers. I'm just working a TON of overtime right now.

mb88coupe
08-06-2009, 09:17 PM
if you think you might like it enough to keep it but you still dont know .... THEN KEEP IT !!! trust me ive been down this road probly more then anyone on here.
you will kick your self in the a*s if you get rid of it... just hang in there and keep it
i probly shouldnt be giving advice cause my car is for sale and i just got it. lol

mustangboy
09-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Well I think I'm gonna sell the stang. I'm not going to list it as of yet as I am getting a new clutch put in it this week. I also want to powder some of the engine parts as well. After talking to the wife this weekend I think I'm definately going to be looking to get a 4 door Wrangler as a new daily driver so I can park the Excursion and use it just as our tow vehicle. I've been wanting to get back into a Jeep for sometime and for what I need it would make alot more since than the stang. So if anyone isnterested let me know I'd be happy to get you the info or if you know someone pass this along. Not sure if I'm going to officially list it now or just wait till spring to try to get top dollar. Just keep my car in mind if you guys hear of anyone looking for a super clean fast notch.

'92Stang
09-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Sorry to hear your selling your coupe. But, in the end do whats right for you, and your family. You'll have to roll up, and ride some quads here at the farm.

331TwistedWedge
09-07-2009, 07:43 PM
clean coupes are hard to come by ... did you ever run this at the track, i was curious of the track times and mph ... the car put down over 400 rwhp didnt it?

mustangboy
09-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Sorry to hear your selling your coupe. But, in the end do whats right for you, and your family. You'll have to roll up, and ride some quads here at the farm.

No need to be sorry, it is just a car. BTW where are you located again, I would definately like to get up there and ride sometime.

clean coupes are hard to come by ... did you ever run this at the track, i was curious of the track times and mph ... the car put down over 400 rwhp didnt it?

No I never ran it but yes it did put down 402hp to the wheels and come find out that may have been with a badly adjusted clutch so it may have a bit more w/ a new clutch and some more tuning.

USMCPONY
09-07-2009, 08:30 PM
That is a very nice fox body.

'92Stang
09-07-2009, 09:59 PM
No need to be sorry, it is just a car. BTW where are you located again, I would definately like to get up there and ride sometime.

Amelia ( monroe twp.), Up the hill from Holly, less than 10 minutes. PM me when ever you want to come out. I've reverted back to my teenage years, and am riding dirt bikes again. Got tired of the low rents stealing my quads out here..lol

Gearhead
09-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Well I think I'm gonna sell the stang. I'm not going to list it as of yet as I am getting a new clutch put in it this week. I also want to powder some of the engine parts as well. After talking to the wife this weekend I think I'm definately going to be looking to get a 4 door Wrangler as a new daily driver so I can park the Excursion and use it just as our tow vehicle. I've been wanting to get back into a Jeep for sometime and for what I need it would make alot more since than the stang. So if anyone isnterested let me know I'd be happy to get you the info or if you know someone pass this along. Not sure if I'm going to officially list it now or just wait till spring to try to get top dollar. Just keep my car in mind if you guys hear of anyone looking for a super clean fast notch.

Hey Kenny, could you PM me some of the details on the car ??

thx Scott

aperacer
09-09-2009, 11:02 AM

thx Scott

you kill me.... your going to have to buy another house just to have another garage

4barrel
09-09-2009, 12:51 PM

thx Scott

Hehe. It's a strait up slick coupe with a rowdy power plant. I saw it yesterday and it knocked my eyes out.