PDA

View Full Version : Problem with stock 6 disc

CincySR
08-04-2009, 01:24 AM
I'm having bad problems with my cd player. Anytime I change the disc, it gets and error and then i have to mess with it for days before it will play again. Also anytime I try to eject a disc, they get stuck coming out and of course i have to play with it again. Anyone know a fix for this, or is the 6 disc just crap?

cobrajoe
08-04-2009, 04:09 AM
Needs a good cleaning. Get yourself a cd cleaning disc (I use a wet system) and run it through there. Your in Amelia. If you want pop it out and bring it over. and I'll take it apart and blow it out. Cleaning the thing is key!

CincySR
08-04-2009, 11:30 PM
I dont have the little tools to pop it out, unless my brother does at work. I'll have to get with him, all I know is its buggin the crap out of me

Sharad
08-08-2009, 12:56 PM
your cd player is dead. trust me. this is what i do for a living. you could send it to universal radio to be repaired, but it'll cost $175 or more and only carry a one year warranty. it's time to replace the cd player.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

sean
08-18-2009, 02:35 AM
I had one do this and the problem was the shield that closes behind the cd when you put it in was getting jammed. I got that working and never had another problem. On the plus side I think there are a few of these stock 6 disc players on here for sale at a pretty cheep price. Good luck. I like the stock system and look but it may be time to go aftermarket.

Goldenpony
08-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Check EBAY. I just bought an almost new Shaker 500 head unit for $150 & shipping. They have tons of car radios.

cobrajoe
08-20-2009, 02:50 PM
I dont have the little tools to pop it out, unless my brother does at work. I'll have to get with him, all I know is its buggin the crap out of me

I've got the removal tools.

tdm309
08-20-2009, 03:07 PM
I have a 6 disc here at the shop out of an 03 if you want it I will sell it for 60.00.

PONYGRL
09-14-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm having bad problems with my cd player. Anytime I change the disc, it gets and error and then i have to mess with it for days before it will play again. Also anytime I try to eject a disc, they get stuck coming out and of course i have to play with it again. Anyone know a fix for this, or is the 6 disc just crap?

Literally a month after I got my gt, mine was doing the same thing. Ford said it was totally screwed so they had to order me a new one and put it in....needless to say I got a new 6 disc player but never got my actual CDs back. Haven't had a problem since the new one.

But go figure the 6 disc player in my 03 is messed up too...1 cd is jammed (from the previous owner) and I'm afraid to put another one in.

vypastang
10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Mine didn't have any problems playing the cds but it definitely jammed when I would try to eject a cd. When ever I had a cd that wasn't ejecting I would listen to the motor trying to push the cd out, then I would get a piece of cardboard paper and pry up (or down I can't remember) on the cd and it came out every time. After hearing all these problems now I know these Stock 6disc changers were crap.