PDA

View Full Version : Got the itch

MustangChuck
08-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Guys, i've got the itch bad. I havent been able to race for the past several weeks. It all started because I decided to go to a church event one evening instead of racing. Then, the T-Bird's air conditioning clutch seized up and started snapping belts and I didnt want to race with only one car to get me to work and back each day. Im hoping to get back to the track this weekend. I think i am suffering from withdrawal lol. I want to try out my new shift light and see how it works lol. The good thing tho is that I think I finally found a group of fellow gearheads to hang out with here after riding solo for so long. One of them has a Cougar that he dropped an SVT Countour engine into and its a work in progress. I know it sounds kind of wimpy, but like all cars its a work in progress, and it is one of the cleanest cars I have seen in a LONG time. He certainly takes good care of his ride. I am a bit angry tho. See, there were 2 main places to hang out at on Friday and Saturday nights for us gearheads: a Sonic, and a park called Britt David Park. All of the immature kids hanged out at Britt David Park (these were the types that were trying to turn car clubs and racing into gang type stuff. Fast and the Furious wannabe types). Me and my friends like to call it the "kiddie pool". All the mature guys who just wanted a place to chill at and talk about cars went to Sonic. Well, lately the "kiddie pool" started to overflow to Sonic and started doing stupid stuff (me and a friend almost got hit when some dude got on it really hard and fishtailed in the parking lot a few weeks ago). Because of their immature behavior, Sonic doesn't want us there anymore. Now we're trying to find a place to hang out at that the "kiddie pool" wont find. Grrr sometimes the kids really tick me off.

redfirepearlgt
08-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Don't know where you are at but Edgewater T/T is Friday nights. Plenty of cars and trucks. Good clean fun. 10.00 to watch +5.00 (15.00 total) to make passes. On the track that is LOL!!