PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get a tattoo?

satan jamez
08-17-2009, 08:36 PM
So far i've heard good things about Mother's in Covington and Erlanger. Greater Cincy area preferred.

Thanks,
Bob

'92Stang
08-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Roy's in Mason is top notch!!! Good people..:bigthumb
http://www.roysartstudio.com/

beefcake
08-17-2009, 09:18 PM
danas has always been top notch

306Power
08-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Mothers in Covington does great work, but they are a bit pricy. Asylum in Latonia does awesome work for a better price also. The owner of Mothers use to work for Danas and there not bad either. Lucky 13 I hear isnt bad but Ive never been there.

HARCracing
08-17-2009, 09:54 PM
danas has always been top notch

+1 :bigthumb

KobraII
08-18-2009, 01:02 AM
Wall of text, get your popcorn, soda, and reading glasses out.

I started my leg piece at Asylum and I love going there. James takes such good care of you while your there, and his prices are very fair. I had my pin-up girl done there and it looks bitchin' to say the least. They were very helpful in coming up with what I wanted, and were willing to go the extra mile to make me happy. I would definitely consider Asylum.

I've heard good things about Mothers, but I have not gone to their shop yet to check it out.

Lucky 13 was by far the worst one I've been in. I went to Asylum and Lucky 13 to talk with their artists about getting my pin-up girl done, and Lucky 13 basically told me to do research on-line and come back in when I wanted it done. And that right there made me feel like that they only wanted my money and to not do a good tattoo. From the pictures that Lucky 13 has on their MySpace, it looks like they do good work, but when their artists didn't want to talk with me to get a general idea, give me new ideas, and help me be at ease with getting my first tattoo, I felt that they wernt the right shop for me.

Side note: if you want to see the first pictures of my tattoo when I first got it and then after the touch up, just say something and I'll put the pics up

Camaro86SHOCKER
08-18-2009, 02:53 AM
i always go to lucas at acme in clifton. Its close to bogarts. hes kinda quiet but damn he dos good work. I also always hear great things about be-listic in clifton as well ive seen their work and its great.

rpppaprp
08-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Reed'em and weep on 125 (withamsville). The owner is in the guiness book of records and his guys are top notch. Very fair on prices. I priced a tattoo in Vegas and it was $450. They did the same one for $150.

98stangv6
08-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Mother's hands down. It might cost a bit more, but it's something that you will have on you for life, and there is a legit reason why it cost more.

Pitbull1052
08-18-2009, 01:24 PM
shadow works I hear does great work http://www.shadoworksart.com/

cobra429boss
08-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Dont go to the cheapest place, 9 times out of 10 if its cheap tattoo its not gonna be a good one might look good but probally lose color and shade quick from someone know knowing how to do real work. not get the tattoo deep enought stuff like that ..

MsBlkramair
08-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Roy's Art Studio in Mason is the best. Pricier, but better. Just don't ask about his ex-wife Randy......he gets a little pissed. lol

4point6gt
08-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Mothers is great Bob, a guy there did my wifes chest piece. Also my brother n law works at a tattoo shop in maysville called Doll Star. He's really good too. If interested pm me and i can get u set up with him.

4point6gt
08-18-2009, 02:56 PM
heres his myspace page, check out his work.

http://www.myspace.com/173323026

satan jamez
08-18-2009, 02:58 PM
You guy's have been very helpful :) When it comes to tattoos I feel that the price should be the last thing on your mind. I just want great work :bigthumb

4point6gt
08-18-2009, 03:03 PM
When it comes to tattoos I feel that the price should be the last thing on your mind. I just want great work :bigthumb

ur exactly right.

93cobra
08-18-2009, 03:21 PM
if your not paying $100 an hour or $500 for 8 hour sitting...chances are you're going to get a jail tat...my experience with knowing dozens of guys i raced bikes with around the country that are sleaved etc.. how many times have you asked a guy with a cheap shitty tat..."hey what you got going here"..."well...."it kind a sucks & the color isn't great" ...etc..etc..BUT "BUT" it was only $40 or my buddy's brother did it etc..

i got a tattoo from dana's & i'll say its decent but the worst quality tat i have. unfortunately we don't have the selection around here as Southern CA has where i got the rest of my stuff done while racing over the years

heres back of my lower left leg.. gunnar in San Diego
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/GW801DVD.jpg

98stangv6
08-18-2009, 04:38 PM
If you go to Mother's, check out a guy named Chu. He does some of the best stuff I've seen, he might be booked up for awhile, but the wait is worth it for sure.

306Power
08-18-2009, 05:12 PM
If you go to Mother's, check out a guy named Chu. He does some of the best stuff I've seen, he might be booked up for awhile, but the wait is worth it for sure.

Robbie is right, Chu does awesome work. Chris Savage did mine at Mothers and I had absolutly no complaints.

2Kblacksleeper
08-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Shadow did some of my ex-wifes work and i was not impressed at all. It was a coral reef and with 4 dolphins swimming and jumping around it.

Needless to say it was the standard Tramp stamp, pull out target, whatever, The lines were blurry, color was not right. She liked it. I thought it was junk.

I do not have any tats yet because i have not found something i want on my body for the rest of my life, but when i do, i want whoever does it to be perfect. I am very picky. I have a cousin that just opened up a shop I think it is Ate up tattoos or 8 up??? I have herd they do good work but i have not seen any of his.
Good luck in your search.

John

Camaro86SHOCKER
08-21-2009, 03:59 AM
Reed'em and weep on 125 (withamsville). The owner is in the guiness book of records and his guys are top notch. Very fair on prices. I priced a tattoo in Vegas and it was $450. They did the same one for $150.

had a very bad experience there. he freehanded a star on my ex g/f arm and it was crooked as hell. Went in to get it fixed and he said he never did it. WTF! so after calling me a liar for a while he finally settld down and fixed it in a very unpleasant way and then expected to be tipped a 2nd time. I told him i would tell everyone i knew about what an asshole he was.

chadomac
08-21-2009, 05:23 AM
had a very bad experience there. he freehanded a star on my ex g/f arm and it was crooked as hell. Went in to get it fixed and he said he never did it. WTF! so after calling me a liar for a while he finally settld down and fixed it in a very unpleasant way and then expected to be tipped a 2nd time. I told him i would tell everyone i knew about what an asshole he was.

same here he did the one on my right forearm paid in full could not get it done in one sitting OR SO HE SAID. so i made app to comeback came back sat a hour said he couldnt do it that day made another app same thing, went on for a month or so. got tired of it finally, after 6 months he worked on it a little more very upleasant sitting my arm hurt for 2 weeks!! its been over a year and still not done will try someone else to get it finished STAY AWAY FROM THERE!!!

YTryCobra
08-21-2009, 07:31 AM
:nono:ASYLUM SUCKS!!!:nono: I got a piece from :flipoff:James:flipoff: about seven years ago. It's the worse piece I have. I've talked to James to fix it. It's funny how he has no time to do it. For the pass seven years. No one is that busy. Art's Ink in Covington. Is a very nice shop. Mark Art is very cool and helpful. DO NOT GO WITH PRICE. You'll get what you pay for. Check out Art's Ink. I think you'll be very happy.:D

mailman
08-21-2009, 07:43 AM
...But to answer you original question, the best place to get a tattoo is on your butt.

Pitbull1052
08-21-2009, 08:02 AM
I'd go with what Jason YTry says he's got a tatt or two lol

PONYGRL
08-21-2009, 08:10 AM
There's quite a few reputable places over in Covington... I have heard good things about Mothers....

I have wanted a tat since I was like 7 and still dont have one. Dont think I will get one either :( I just cant bring myself to get a pony tramp stamp :( Maybe I will convince myself one day.

satan jamez
08-21-2009, 03:04 PM
...But to answer you original question, the best place to get a tattoo is on your butt.

:lol::lol: I'd have to agree :bigthumb

4point6gt
08-21-2009, 06:20 PM
:nono:ASYLUM SUCKS!!!

x2. i have the shitty tattoos to prove it!!!

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-22-2009, 02:12 AM
Bob you've seen my stuff i think. Look up permanent productions in cinci. Ask for mike dorsey. Best in the tri state if you ask me. If you go to my photobucket page you can find pics.

dsmawd350
08-22-2009, 07:17 AM
same here he did the one on my right forearm paid in full could not get it done in one sitting OR SO HE SAID. so i made app to comeback came back sat a hour said he couldnt do it that day made another app same thing, went on for a month or so. got tired of it finally, after 6 months he worked on it a little more very upleasant sitting my arm hurt for 2 weeks!! its been over a year and still not done will try someone else to get it finished STAY AWAY FROM THERE!!!

x3 same exact thing here. paid in full couldnt get it done in one sitting. came back multiple times and waiting for over an hr for my scheduled appointment only to be told he couldnt get to it today after already waiting an hr or 2

KobraII
08-23-2009, 02:23 AM
:nono:ASYLUM SUCKS!!!:nono: I got a piece from :flipoff:James:flipoff: about seven years ago. It's the worse piece I have. I've talked to James to fix it. It's funny how he has no time to do it. For the pass seven years. No one is that busy. Art's Ink in Covington. Is a very nice shop. Mark Art is very cool and helpful. DO NOT GO WITH PRICE. You'll get what you pay for. Check out Art's Ink. I think you'll be very happy.:D

Really? James did my leg piece and it looks perfect. I had no trouble getting in and getting it touched up, just make an appointment with him, but it'll be about a 2-3 weeks out

DSSKing68
08-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Stay far away from Queen City in Milford....long story there...LOL

I got hooked up with Andy Eschenbach, who was working for Dana, but bought his own place a few years ago. It used to be Bold Traditions in Pleasant Ridge, but he renamed it Flying Tiger Tattoo. He is an awesome artist.

Check out his work at http://www.flying-tiger-tattoo.com/

Anyone else use him before?

satan jamez
08-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Stay far away from Queen City in Milford....long story there...LOL

I got hooked up with Andy Eschenbach, who was working for Dana, but bought his own place a few years ago. It used to be Bold Traditions in Pleasant Ridge, but he renamed it Flying Tiger Tattoo. He is an awesome artist.

Check out his work at http://www.flying-tiger-tattoo.com/

Anyone else use him before?

I'm actually leaning more towards Flying Tiger tattoo. Thanks for the post :bigthumb

MWoods26
08-23-2009, 05:53 PM

:lol: My first tat is on my butt.. went to Roys in Mason. Randy, his wife at the time did it. Its Goldstar NOT Skyline bitches!!!!