PDA

View Full Version : John Force and Robert Hight to Swap Rides

BigBadStang
08-17-2009, 10:26 PM
John Force announced after yesterdays race in Brainerd MN, that he and Robert Hight will be swapping rides for the next 2 races in an attempt to get Robert into 'The Countdown'. This means Robert will have Austin Coil and crew, and John will have Jimmy Prock and crew. This should be interesting...

04 Venom
08-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Force needs to get some new crew chiefs. Austin Coil just doesn't get the job done anymore. I'd grab Dickie Venable before someone else does. He has done much more than Austin Coil the last three seasons.

beefcake
08-18-2009, 01:55 PM
i doubt he would ever drop austin, been there for 2 long

i would like to see all 4 in the countdown

04 Venom
08-18-2009, 04:06 PM
i doubt he would ever drop austin, been there for 2 long

That's the problem. If Force's team doesn't start winning some races, the sponsors will disappear.

beefcake
08-18-2009, 04:10 PM
definately need some wins

BigBadStang
08-18-2009, 09:10 PM
The biggest problem right now for JFR is NHRA banned testing. Coil, Federly, Medlen, and Prock are the type of guys that like to try different things, looking for a new combination that works. Antonelli (Ashley's chief) doesn't like to try new things as much. Ashleys crew is using essentially the same combinations and setups they were using last year, which has rewarded them with consistency.

With the lack of testing, Coil, and the other guys are basically testing, and trying new things during qualifying. Before the testing ban, they would stay and test on the Monday after the race to work out the kinks. Guys like Coil that have spent so many years doing it this way, were impacted greater with NHRA taking the testing away.

04 Venom
08-18-2009, 09:43 PM
The biggest problem right now for JFR is NHRA banned testing. Coil, Federly, Medlen, and Prock are the type of guys that like to try different things, looking for a new combination that works. Antonelli (Ashley's chief) doesn't like to try new things as much. Ashleys crew is using essentially the same combinations and setups they were using last year, which has rewarded them with consistency.

With the lack of testing, Coil, and the other guys are basically testing, and trying new things during qualifying. Before the testing ban, they would stay and test on the Monday after the race to work out the kinks. Guys like Coil that have spent so many years doing it this way, were impacted greater with NHRA taking the testing away.

I rest my case. Coil has got to go. The lack of testing has not hurt DSR (HATE them!), the Pedregons, Tasca, Wilkerson, etc.

beefcake
08-18-2009, 10:16 PM
why a ban on testing???

04 Venom
08-19-2009, 10:16 AM
why a ban on testing???

I heard it was to level the playing field so that Don Schmacher Racing and the Force Racing didn't have an unfair advantage over the lower budget operations.

BigBadStang
08-19-2009, 06:25 PM
I heard it was to level the playing field so that Don Schmacher Racing and the Force Racing didn't have an unfair advantage over the lower budget operations.

Also to keep costs down.