PDA

View Full Version : Plane Crash At Harrison Tonight

93cobra
08-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Crazy, Jen & I stopped by the airport tonight after going out to eat, pulled up to the hangars & contemplated getting the plane out & buzzing around for awhile to watch the sunset. I got out & kind of felt beat from working a long day & noticed the flags were still moving pretty good. I then said ...lets just go home...im tired & don't feel like cleaning all the bugs off of it for only flying for a half hour or so. As we were pulling out, I looked over and said "sweet"..that guy looks like he's actually going to fly that bi plane tonight...etc. etc..I get about 15 min down the road & my phone started blowing up with texts..."dude you flying tonight"..."hey whats up"..."not flying tonight are you..."hey..johnny...you flying"...I answered my phone & someone I know was over at the high school scrimage game told me he saw the guy pile drive the bi plane straight into the ground...killing both on board...:eek::(

I seriously believe Jen & I were the last to see them alive:(

Maximus
08-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Stick to commercial flights!! Ive known a few people who have lost their lives flying in non-commercial aircraft.

I would rather see your "old" ass racing in the above 30 Moto X!!! Much safer!!:bigthumb

93cobra
08-21-2009, 11:29 PM
your "old" ass racing in the above 30 Moto X!!!
:lol::lol: my 2010 Honda CRF 450 should be in im hoping 2 weeks or less!...jen talked me into it...im going to start racing again "Going to try to get somewhat inshape enough to fair decent in 3 or 4 of the +30 Pro Fall Classics. I want to hit MI, MD, TN races for sure hopefully more:bigthumb

Airplanes are still safer than you driving from n. ky to your shop everyday. I hate to say but the accident tonight was probably pilot error as most are...

sean
08-21-2009, 11:31 PM
thats awful. thoughts and prayers.

Foxxx5oh
08-22-2009, 12:14 AM
damn, me an my buddy were wondering what happened with all the emergency vehicles...thats crazy :(

mwaller5672
08-22-2009, 12:20 AM
When they built the school there was a lot of talk about how close it was to the airport. When I was in school there was only one wreck and that was a plane hit the top of a car. I actually spent my freshman year in the new school next to the football field. That would have been 1968. They wanted to put a pool in also but when they put it on the ballot they seperated the school and the pool. The pool didn't pass of course.

Foxxx5oh
08-22-2009, 12:30 AM
and there is still no pool, but there is(was) a swim team...LOL i think they went to Taylor for practices...

mustang8998
08-22-2009, 12:41 AM
It hit between the school and Hubert, in the pit, correct?

Wasn't there another crash there, a few years back, involving two planes?

Johnny, I had the same thoughts about you. Now I can rest easy.

PonymanfiveO
08-22-2009, 08:33 AM
:lol::lol: my 2010 Honda CRF 450 should be in im hoping 2 weeks or less!...jen talked me into it...im going to start racing again "Going to try to get somewhat inshape enough to fair decent in 3 or 4 of the +30 Pro Fall Classics. I want to hit MI, MD, TN races for sure hopefully more:bigthumb

Dude thats awesome! I wish I had the nuts to get into that stuff. :D

Sad to hear about the plane incident. :(