PDA

View Full Version : Beaches Resorts and Disney Cruise

NXcoupe
08-26-2009, 02:14 AM
Anyone ever been? Pro's and con's? Which resort more little kid friendly than others? Thanks in advance! Yep, I am already starting to plan my leave. lol. Looking forward to it is all that keeps me going here.

How about disney cruise, anyone been? Thinking about that as well, while I'm in the vicinity. lol.

cstreu1026
08-26-2009, 08:54 AM
My mom and dad took my niece and nephew on a Disney cruise a couple of years ago. The kids loved it but my parents said they would never do it again.

NXcoupe
08-26-2009, 10:40 AM
really, why was that?

cstreu1026
08-26-2009, 10:48 AM
They are on a cruise right now but when they get back I will get all the details from them.

DeckerEnt
08-26-2009, 01:26 PM
I have heard that if you are going on a cruise, get one with a foreign staff. American college students just don't take care of you as well as foreign employees do. The service is what makes or breaks a cruise trip.

RIXXX93GT
08-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Mike, let me tell you cruises arent for everyone. Everything I thought I might not like about a cruise was pretty much spot on. Many people go on cruises for every vacation, Im not one of them and it has nothing to do with sea sickness. To me a kids cruise and an grown up cruise are two different worlds that cannot and should not be compromised.

cstreu1026
08-26-2009, 03:51 PM
I want to say the biggest complaint my parents had with Disney was the way dinner was served. Kids were served first and the adaults had to wait. By the time the adaults got their food the kids were finished and had to sit and wait.

My parents love cruises. They have been to the Carribean 3 or 4 times, Hawaii once, Alaska once, east coast of Canada once, and Europe 3 times now. Personally I can take it or leave it. To me the few hours you get in port are not long enough to really get to expereince a place.

03silversnake
08-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Are you taking Matt Johnson if he wins the columbus race.lol

NXcoupe
08-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Yeah, lol. Just be happy when I don't have a huge bill after a race so I can afford a cruise!
I was actually thinking of only a 3 or 4 day cruise and strictly for Izabella to enjoy the characters and the water. She is absolutely crazy about the ocean since she's seen it.
Thanks for the input, anyone else?

LETHALSTANG
08-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Anything Disney is top notch!! We travel to the park & stay on grounds at least 4 times a year & try to cruise every other year. We are Disney Vacation Club members for 10 years plus & love it!!! If you want family fun, Disney is the way to go....you won't be disappointed!!

If you want Mommy & Daddy time, Disney is still good but that Mouse will sneak up on ya!!:lol:

NXcoupe
08-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Lol. Thanks! That's what I was thinking. For her, those three days would be great. She's still little enough that the characters and little things are a big deal. I am leaning that way for the cruise. Expensive for what it is tho.

2Kblacksleeper
08-26-2009, 11:21 PM
My neighbor went on the first cruise they had a few years ago. He said it was a pretty good time and they would do it again.

John

myownr
08-26-2009, 11:51 PM
i know that beaches and sandals are about the same except sandals for adults only. I really enjoyed sandals in the bahamas and the service was top notch. I got to do snorkeling and scuba diving. If you go call ahead and book reservations at the restaurants as they are already booked for 2 days when you get there. I was there for 7 days so i got to enjoy anyway, but for shorter trips i would plan. there are 7 restaurants open various hours so you can always have a variety. If you fly be advised they make you wait 24 hours before scuba diving and you can't go 24 hrs before you fly, so again make reservations for the free scuba training if you go.

I have friends who have taken their kids down to beaches turks & caicos. It is supposed to be one of the best snorkeling and scuba diving areas there is. I have always wanted to take my kids for that reason after enjoying sandals so much. you can always have fun at any waterpark but to snorkel and scuba dive is an experience you can not get around here or even some other nice resort areas.

Waffles
08-27-2009, 12:57 AM
Here's a con about anything Disney.

http://www.skewsme.com/disney_pedophiles.html

sean
08-27-2009, 01:28 AM
Here's a con about anything Disney.

http://www.skewsme.com/disney_pedophiles.html

keep an eye on your darn kids

Waffles
08-27-2009, 03:41 AM
True that, but so many people don't. When I was doing forensics consulting, I worked a job in Kansas City with another forensics guy from a Florida sherrif's dept. He'd worked a case involving Disney. He told me about how notorious Disney was for working against law enforcement and that got me reading a bit. It's appalling.

NXcoupe
08-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks everyone. I don't plan on leaving my little gem with anyone alone. She will always be in my vision area. I just want her to have fun with some other little kids and have a good time with the little time we get together. Thanks everybody. I am just in the planning stage, so I am looking around and getting feedback.

sean
08-28-2009, 12:42 AM
either ron jon or coco beach surf shop has a new resort that has a waterpark and hotel just built for them. It looks cool and very family friendly. Heck go on a 3day cruise and spend a few days over in cape canaveral.

cstreu1026
08-28-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks everyone. I don't plan on leaving my little gem with anyone alone. She will always be in my vision area. I just want her to have fun with some other little kids and have a good time with the little time we get together. Thanks everybody. I am just in the planning stage, so I am looking around and getting feedback.

In that case I don't think the Disney cruise will be what you want. My understanding is that they keep the kids in various programs all day long while the adaults do their thing.

NXcoupe
08-28-2009, 02:21 PM
I think that is entirely up to you. From what I read they have the activities and you can either opt for them or not. It's not like they rip your child from your arms and throw them into the fuhrer's youth program, lol.

sean
08-28-2009, 02:36 PM
all hail mickey. Mickeys got them sewing the swoosh on nike shoes. Crack that whip mickey.