PDA

View Full Version : Bob Sumerel

beefcake
08-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Well, I guess my 10year run has come to an end.

I've done business with them for 10 years and can't begin to count the $$ i've spent between the norwood, and beechmont store.

On our last tire deal, the tires were too tall and rubbed on the inner fender wells and sliced the crap outta the tires.

When I ordered the tires, i told them I was looking at a couple sizes. Decided to go with the taller size. They didn't see a problem. In less than a mile on the car, It was cuttin the hell outta my inner fender, even on the straights on bumps.

I called em, they said bring em back we'll switch em back out. They were gonna order the other size, I get a call 2 days later and they tell me that I have to pay 100% for the new tires because I ordered them.

I told em they never said there would be any fitment problems, in the past when i've ordered tires, if they thought there was an issue, they would say, i don't think these are correct and make another suggestion. It would be different if I bought tires and asked them to put them on.

I told them i've spent probably $3k or better over the last 10 years with them, not to count probably 40 to 50 referrals. One just the week before.

They refused to do anything so I had to go to the regional mgr. He said would half be fair since i recommended the size. I said sure, thats fine.

I've had the kind of relationship where i'll buy the guys lunch and stuff, they know my cars, they know be my name. I thought $200 was more than fair.

So, I called to schedule my new cobra wheels, they tell me to bring it on down, knew who i was on the phone. I get there the next day, unload everything and the manager becomes a complete a$$, and says he doesn't want my business. I was kinda blown away.

When i was in retail, if there was a problem with a product, we took it back with a smile on our face. I would never not take any business from a customer. Especially one of my best customers.

I guess i'm just surprised that they would be so quick to cast a customer away. Oh well, looks like i'll have new friends at tires plus, not to mention they'll have some nice referral business.

facemelter71
08-26-2009, 03:37 PM
I get all my tires from Tire rack.Recently I changed over to Kauffman Tire since there local and I can drive over to Mosteller and pick them up from there huge warehouse.

Since I have a tire changer here at work I can just swap them out myself and not need to worry about messing with some one else and pay them just for them to fubar my rims.

Pitbull1052
08-26-2009, 03:38 PM
guess Bob really doesnt care......... that sucks Beef

2Kblacksleeper
08-26-2009, 04:01 PM
I used to use a guy named bob over there. He moved on to tire discounters in eastgate. He would go out of his way to help or match prices.
Back when I had my Lightning he price matched my tires a friend was giving me a hell of a deal on. I got Toyo Proxies in 295-45-18 for like 108 each.
I have not had to use him in a long time. Might be worth looking up?

Good luck,

John

Dirtyd0g
08-26-2009, 04:09 PM
I use Tire Discounters in Eastgate when I have to buy standard size tires. When I want expensive tires I buy them from tire rack and then the Tires to Leonard at L&N automotive in Jamestown. It is a drive but Leonard takes good care of me. It was much easier when he was in Wilmington.
Alan