PDA

View Full Version : Cash for clunkers SUCKS

7721Cobra
08-27-2009, 03:29 AM
Check out these videos of cars turned in, and now are being crushed....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTYL-h5_hb4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv4DNI86ZyE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rjdptC2wSk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYblcyC4rBk&feature=related

:mad:

sean
08-27-2009, 04:11 AM
I can barley watch that sh!t. This is the worst idea anyone has ever come up with. Sell the parts auction them off, do something. This truly is the government controlling ALL OF OUR LIVES through the ignorance of others. I dont have to preach all the good these cars could do for people. I am sure you already know. This is our big answer to what? Stimulate the market? How many will be repos in a few months? Get rid of gas guzzlers and save the planet? How cold was it this shitty summer and what? you can still get an f350???? Come on. These are truly scary times to be an american if this is the answer to helping what everyone screwed up. I guess thats why the president is only allowed to be in office for a certain period of time. So that he cant truly be held accountable for anything. Everyone can just say they spent all their time cleaning up after the last presidents mess and if that doesnt fly... well it was the guy before him. I am just glad my daughter isnt old enough to ask why. I think this would be the only time so far I couldnt give her a good answer.

djom1cincy
08-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Just sad to see so many cars the could go to the poor being crushed.

quik lx
08-27-2009, 11:11 AM
My buddy who owns a toyota dealership (the property under it anyway) said they sold all the turned in cars to the local junk yard and they can part them out all except the drivetrain and emissions equipment. I'm gonna go look for some leather cherokee seats!!

Walter
08-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Fuck them cars. The real problem is the presidential regime. Fucking spending BILLIONS on a daily basis. They hold a dollar over your head with their left hand and take a twenty out of your pocket with the right. I feel like pimp slapping every douch bag I see with an Obama sticker on their car. :(

Aweasel
08-27-2009, 12:28 PM
why can't someone drive up a stripped car with like 1 driver's seat, no interior, no fenders, doors, etc...everything gone except for basic drivetrain, just enough to drive it up to the dealership?

cstreu1026
08-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Fuck them cars. The real problem is the presidential regime. Fucking spending BILLIONS on a daily basis. They hold a dollar over your head with their left hand and take a twenty out of your pocket with the right. I feel like pimp slapping every douch bag I see with an Obama sticker on their car. :(

I'll give you a dollar if you do.

Pitbull1052
08-27-2009, 12:30 PM
wonder what that goo really does to the motor does it concrete up or what?

Xowner
08-27-2009, 12:59 PM
wonder what that goo really does to the motor does it concrete up or what?

i can tell you! i was at the local pull and pay yesterday, found a gmc truck with the 350 vortec motor in it and got the head off of the motor. they had a little of the stuff they use to lock them up in the valve cover heads looked great but the bottom end was locked up soild. So we took a main cap and rod cap off. If the motors are done the way there supose to, Pour the stuff in them run them for 1 or two mins. Like this one was i dont see a reason why the motor could not be saved if you pulled it apart and put new bearings in it! the rods took the most damage out of the deal. I think this stuff in designed to GLUE the mains together as i had to take a hammer to get the bearing off. The way it was seized wasnt a lack of oil seize it was like they where glued together! stuff reminds me of dryed up soda after its been in the sun for 3 days!

now if the techs do what they did to that vette nothing could be saved!

7721Cobra
08-27-2009, 02:45 PM
I was told the stuff turns to glass when it gets hot. Thats what pisses me off the most, is locking them up. If they were sold to salvage yards as parts only cars, that would be understandable. But we should be able to buy the engines. But we cant cause some fuckin tree huggers decided these cars use too much gas. I want to get a sticker made for my Cobra that says "I'm doing my part to burn up the gas your saving with your hybrid."

Pitbull1052
08-27-2009, 03:10 PM
hmmm Interesting.... so what about the titles for the cars and what not are they salvage now or ??? I mean you could easily get one of these and swap the motor I was watching those vids and there were a lot of nice 4x4's Cherokee's and Blazers and what not.....

Maximus
08-27-2009, 03:15 PM
I"I'm doing my part to burn up the gas your saving with your hybrid."

Id buy one.:D

Jeff88coupe
08-27-2009, 04:08 PM
How about a "My tax dollars paid for your car" sticker?

I also still like "I'll keep my money in my pocket...you keep your Change"

cobrajoe
08-27-2009, 04:14 PM
I think I'm gonna be sick! :eek: Some of those cars would disappear!:confused:

7721Cobra
08-27-2009, 08:03 PM
hmmm Interesting.... so what about the titles for the cars and what not are they salvage now or ??? I mean you could easily get one of these and swap the motor I was watching those vids and there were a lot of nice 4x4's Cherokee's and Blazers and what not.....

Its my understanding they are going to the crusher end of story. Maybe I'm wrong.

I like those too. LOL

Crucial
08-27-2009, 09:19 PM
so those 4.6l GTs and a 5.0 5spd fox body cant pull down 18mpg avg.?

CNTLOSE
08-27-2009, 09:24 PM
That is what I was thinking. The Blazers I know are around 16 mpg...but the stangs have to be around 20 or so. My '89 and '94 before the mods were getting over 20 mpg. :confused:

Said it before and I will say it again:

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/One_Big_Ass_Mistake_bumper_sticker.jpg

rpppaprp
08-27-2009, 09:58 PM
I work at a salvage yard and we have been getting clunkers for a while. The engines have been siezed by the liquid glass and the titles and frames are destroyed. We are aloud to sell a lot of parts off of the vehicles including running gear and transmissions. We got an 85 F150 in that only had 71,000 miles on it. The truck was almost perfect. Its sad t think about it, but now that the government has conned the people into classifying these types of vehicle as clunckers, how long will it be till we cant get them titled and tagged anymore? Something to think about.

Dirtyd0g
08-28-2009, 12:20 AM

You lay it out and I'll print it. I just got a 30inX50yard roll of printable media and 6 bottles of sublimation ink.....That'll do a few :)
Alan

Xowner
08-29-2009, 12:02 AM
You lay it out and I'll print it. I just got a 30inX50yard roll of printable media and 6 bottles of sublimation ink.....That'll do a few :)
Alan

i raise you one better and make them in viynal stickers! :bigthumb

Ryan218
08-29-2009, 10:54 AM
there are cash for clunkers car in our local junkyards. they just can not sell motor parts

Blackpony
08-29-2009, 03:27 PM
any mustang fox bodies?

Sharad
08-30-2009, 08:03 AM
our gov't is retarded. My children have better economic sense than this.