PDA

View Full Version : my new 30 year old bike

sean
08-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Got it for a great price. I need to clean up the chrome and give it a good all around cleaning but its a solid bike.
1979 kawasaki kz1000st. Shaft driven with good power. sounds nice. I think I will clean it up and trade it for another bike. The wife doesnt really like it. Thought I would share my impulsive purchase with you all. lol

Stangman
08-31-2009, 10:23 PM
OOooohhhhh.... KZ1000 :drool:

It needs to be silver with the MFP fairings... :D If you know what I mean?

I freakin love it!!!!!!!!

Pitbull1052
09-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Nice! Gotta love an old KZ....

DeckerEnt
09-01-2009, 10:03 AM
You didn't trade the cobra for it, did you? LOL. Should we start calling you Seancake?? LOL!!!!!!!

sean
09-01-2009, 11:10 AM
You didn't trade the cobra for it, did you? LOL. Should we start calling you Seancake?? LOL!!!!!!!

:lol::lol: thats funny as hell :lol::lol: No I just wanted something to mess with. I like to trade and sell things so I figured if I got this and traded it for other bikes I wouldnt feel the need to do the same with the cobra. Freaking seancake..... thats somefunny stuff right there:lol::lol:

sean
09-02-2009, 11:56 PM
ok well thursday morning the bike will be gone. Made a few hundred on it and I am going to clarksville in to pick up a 1985 honda v65(1100) sabre. These things sound mean. 121hp and about 100tq. It will of course be for sale the minute I get it home and do a little work on it. If anyone is bored and wants to go on a road trip tomorrow let me know. I will pay for gas and throw in an extra 30 bucks for your time. Its @ 108 miles 1 way. If you have a truck great if not just a ride out there and I will ride the bike back.

dedpedal
09-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Let me know when you get it home
Im looking for something like that but I thought the v65s were magnas and the sabres were shadows.

Pitbull1052
09-03-2009, 08:20 AM
I had an 85 V65 but they also call it a VFR1100S In 85 it was the fastest bike Honda ever made.... it's more like a dual sport bike mine had the little cafe faring and soft bags that connected for long trips which I never took..... this is what mine looked like it was pretty fun......

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/honda_v65_vf1100s_sabre_1985.php

sean
09-03-2009, 10:22 PM
yup thats the bike. I am back and other than brealing out the back window of my truck.... DOGH... It was a good trip. The bike is crazy fast for the age and the fact that its a shaftie. Few scratches here and there and the clearcoat is coming up on the top of the tank. I am going to hit it with some black paint and if I dont like the way it looks I will put a tank protector sticker thing on it. I am working on why the speedo doesnt work right now. Tach, gas gauge, temp, and everything else works. Its in pretty good shape. It will be on craigslist tonight with some crappy pics and then tomorrow i will get better pics and list it again. The power this has is stuuupid. Its not far from the hp and tq of my old 2001 ninja ZX9R. If anyone is interested in a nice bike that needs some here and there stuff let me know. BUT before you offer anything go to cl and put the amount you want to offer and see if that even gets you a running bike of man size. I will tell you right now you can touch a ready to ride bike for under 1000. There are a few 500, 550,600,650,700,750 shaft driven bikes but the hp is about 40 to 58. And most of them need work. oh well. I will post up an add tomorrow.

Stangman
09-04-2009, 08:36 PM
If I had what you were asking for it (I havent looked) I'd be on that like white on rice... I love those bikes!!!!!!

sean
09-05-2009, 03:17 AM
Man I took it out all day today. This thing is crazy fast. Now I dont mean hayabusa or R1 fast I mean old slyle cruiser/ sport bike. Just stupid to be that fast on something like this. I have been on some speedy bikes and they were chain sport bikes. When I hit the R1 and it shot off like right now I expected it. I found a closed road and nailed this sabre and it took off then it hit its powerband and it was gone. Took it to third and wound that out before I ran out of road. The speedo doesnt work and I didnt have my gps but I can tell you I was freaking flying. If you would have told me you could be that quick and fast on a shaft driven bike i woulda called you a liar. This will be a fun bike till I trade it off or sell it.