PDA

View Full Version : I've resigned my position at Thornhill

Waffles
09-04-2009, 05:10 PM
I have resigned my position as track manager at Thornhill.

Just wanted to let everyone know. I think it was done as amicably as I could. I'll still be around. I'll still help out when I can. There were just a few things Jerry and I disagreed on that couldn't be resolved.

As far as I know, I'll still run the website and email etc. If that does change, I'll let you all know.

I didn't do the job to make friends, but I feel like I did anyway. I've always tried to be fair and make good decisions. I doubt everyone always agreed with them, but I don't think anyone can say I didn't try to be fair and consistant. I know I've learned a lot over the last year. I appreciate every one that supports the track and hope everything still continues to improve and everyone continues to support it.

Thanks for everything,

Chris Applegate

Dirtyd0g
09-04-2009, 06:37 PM
I am sorry to hear that, hopefully in the future the 2 of you can work things out.
Alan

Jeff88coupe
09-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Sorry to hear Chris..but you have to do what's right for you and for what you believe in.
They still going to let cars run t&t during the regular bracket nights?

DeckerEnt
09-04-2009, 08:31 PM
That sucks. Hope you two parted as friends. Keep doing all you can for the track. From what I have heard, it has come a long way since you were working there.

Waffles
09-04-2009, 11:00 PM
I am sorry to hear that, hopefully in the future the 2 of you can work things out.
Alan

Very doubtful, but who knows.

Sorry to hear Chris..but you have to do what's right for you and for what you believe in.
They still going to let cars run t&t during the regular bracket nights?

Thanks Jeff, I agree. I've spent countless hours there doing everything I could to help make the track successful. However, under the circumstances I can no longer be useful to the track. I have no idea what changes will be made, but I see no reason they would stop running test n tunes.

That sucks. Hope you two parted as friends. Keep doing all you can for the track. From what I have heard, it has come a long way since you were working there.

I'm not sure. I did my best to keep it friendly while not compromising what I believe. I'd like to think things are better now. I'd like to say more, I'm just trying to maintain the moral high ground and keep my comments to myself.

Thanks again everyone.

Oh, I have no idea if the SBZ discounts will be continued for T&T or not. I wouldn't count on it though, make sure you call and ask before going down.

Maximus
09-04-2009, 11:01 PM
It sucks ASS that Thornhill is dead locked into ONE FN race a week. WTF!! That Cu-T on the hill should be so lucky! If I was dude, I would build a 24 hour Manure FN plant. Then the Bi-ch would be begging for the track back.:eek:

Waffles
09-05-2009, 03:04 AM
Now that I'm not a Thornhill employee, I guess I could post their information :) Hadn't really thought of that.

HULETTE JEFFREY & RACHEL
12595 WOLF RD
ALEXANDRIA KY 41001

rachel.hulette@avon.com
HULETTEJ@HOTMAIL.COM

He is a financial advisor at merrill lynch. She is some kinda exec at Avon.

These are the people who've been suing TH and causing so much crap.

Mista Bone
09-05-2009, 03:08 AM
now wouldn't that be good fodder for craigslist :)

NXcoupe
09-05-2009, 05:53 AM
Sorry to hear that. I know you do work hard and try your best at whatever you do. Now come get my shower enclosure done! lol.

Waffles
09-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks Mike, and I sent you a PM. I think I'm going to be in the area up there tomorrow.

Waffles
09-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Okay, I got a slew of phone calls after the race tonight so I thought I'd get ahead of the bullcrap and dispell the stories right away.

Leaving Thornhill was MY decision. No one asked me to leave. No one gave me any ultimatums. No one made any changes to my job. There were no suggestions or influences of any kind other than my own desire. I resigned my position more than a week ago and asked to fill a different position which had shorter hours, less stress, and more money. (Many of you would laugh if you knew how much I was being paid for my 12 hour Saturday and often 15-20 hours during the week.) Again, this was done AT MY OWN REQUEST. As of last Friday the 4th, Jerry was expecting me to be filling that position. Because of some fundamental differences that came up over this change, I let Jerry know on Friday that I no longer wished to be an "employee" of Thornhill. He let me know that it left him short handed, and I told him that if he couldn't fill the spot to let me know and I'd work.

I specifically expressed that I preferred to just help out, without being paid at all. I'd help when I could, but not be responsible or obligated to do so. I had never ever been paid for anything I've done for the track until the 5th race of this season, and I found that I preferred that arrangement.

It saddens me to know that as loyal of a supporter as I've been, and as staunchly as I've defended and supported decisions that I didn't even agree with, that I would be disparaged this way after leaving.

Oh, this also had nothing to do with any issue involving the music festival, which is one story I heard.

Stangman
09-06-2009, 02:23 AM
Now that I'm not a Thornhill employee, I guess I could post their information :) Hadn't really thought of that.

HULETTE JEFFREY & RACHEL
12595 WOLF RD
ALEXANDRIA KY 41001

rachel.hulette@avon.com
HULETTEJ@HOTMAIL.COM

He is a financial advisor at merrill lynch. She is some kinda exec at Avon.

These are the people who've been suing TH and causing so much crap.

Is it time to start repaving their street with the math equasion of 2 stripes x 15-20 mustangs at a time?? :lol:

It could be the official "staging lane" practice area :D

Waffles
09-06-2009, 03:10 AM
They are complete and total douchebags.

Mista Bone
09-06-2009, 04:02 AM
sounds like the type of people that would have cameras out front of their property.

Bring in the Navy Seals :)

bcoh5gt
09-18-2009, 09:58 PM
chris chris chris???? wtf? man lol

Waffles
10-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Shit... I didn't even see you post Billy lol

Yes yes yes??? You know the stories better than most. Lots of work for little money and having to take every little decision through a congress that back pedals on everything. Just too much stress.

bcoh5gt
10-05-2009, 08:07 PM
;)Oh I know