PDA

View Full Version : is sprint any good? do we have a hookup there?

beefcake
09-05-2009, 01:59 PM
i got rid of my iphone as much as i loved it because i was tired of paying 165 a month

went back to cricket, but their c/s sucks for an advanced phone, and it doesn't sync to my car

i saw that sprint has the same unlimited as at&t, 99.99 but they include the dataplan where at&t charges the extra $40 a month

i could probably live with the $100

any experiences?

zmcnutt
09-05-2009, 02:03 PM
i just got the blackberry curve with unlimited data so far its been pretty good

praterjack
09-05-2009, 03:02 PM
I had sprint but i hated the customer service and the rasing and unfrequent lowering of my bill. I currently have verizon and love it i have coverage pretty much every where and my bill is the same every month. So i say check out verizon and they have a good deal on blackberry's with the buy one get one free. Thats how i got my storm, though the gf didnt want one so they let her choose any other phone. But i guess its all in what you need.

Kevin1989
09-05-2009, 03:07 PM
i have always had sprint... i like it i mean you dont get service EVERY where but i havent been somewhere and needed it and havent had it i give it 8/10

beefcake
09-05-2009, 03:13 PM
I had sprint but i hated the customer service and the rasing and unfrequent lowering of my bill. I currently have verizon and love it i have coverage pretty much every where and my bill is the same every month. So i say check out verizon and they have a good deal on blackberry's with the buy one get one free. Thats how i got my storm, though the gf didnt want one so they let her choose any other phone. But i guess its all in what you need.

verizon had the 99.95 too, but again, you have to pay for the data plan

FireStang02
09-05-2009, 03:21 PM
I have Sprint and have the everything plan. I love it. I currently have the instinct which was their attempt at something comparable to the iphone. Not even close. Its an ok phone but no apps like Apple has. I am getting the palm pre soon. Check it out. It is an awesome phone. I think someone here works at the Beechmont store maybe. Mike something?

beefcake
09-05-2009, 03:33 PM
I have Sprint and have the everything plan. I love it. I currently have the instinct which was their attempt at something comparable to the iphone. Not even close. Its an ok phone but no apps like Apple has. I am getting the palm pre soon. Check it out. It is an awesome phone. I think someone here works at the Beechmont store maybe. Mike something?

mike owns it doesn't he?

FireStang02
09-05-2009, 03:35 PM
I am not sure if he owns it or manages/works there. I just know i have seen him on here several times talkin about working there.

beefcake
09-05-2009, 03:55 PM
i talked to him, but they don't have any pre's in to try out :(

Paul408Notch
09-05-2009, 09:00 PM
I have a Pre and it's the best phone I've had by a long shot. I've also been with Sprint for like 6 or 8 years or something like that too. Sure I have the occasional CS issue with them, but I've never heard of a company where you don't.

The Pre is awesome, the new BB is pretty good, and October 11th they're releasing the HTC Hero, which should be a top seller for them. (5MP cam too.) I can't wait to check it out, though I wouldn't get rid of my Pre for it.

dawsin94cobra
09-05-2009, 09:05 PM
here is what i do.. you get your iphone unlocked... then you get a data plan with t mobile, call me and ill set up the internet on it for you, and problem solved. i have 3 people on my plan and i have unlimited internet and still dont pay that much

Crucial
09-05-2009, 10:36 PM
i have had sprint since 1999 never had a problem

currently have the unlimited 450 plan which is 450 min. and unlimited everything else and i love it ...

had the HTC touch and now have the HTC touch pro both awesome phones ...

Mista Bone
09-05-2009, 10:47 PM
In cincy area I only have one location that drops called, between 5 mile and the river, you are down in a hole.

That said, I got my phone thru Mike on a Sunday, he met me at the Milford store which didn't lst long, and drove me to the Beechmont store.

As far as Sprint/Nextels customer service.......I've never had to call. Never a issue with billing....in almost 4 years.

I might get a more modern phone soon, it would be a tax deduction anyways.

Holly
09-05-2009, 11:34 PM
i just got the blackberry curve with unlimited data so far its been pretty good

That's what I have. I got it in May, love it. Super fast internet service. Not sure how I ever lived without it. :lol: I have been with Sprint for 10 years now, same number, never had any trouble with them. I go to Mike Shackleford up on Beechmont.

Kevin1989
09-06-2009, 03:09 AM
if you want a run down on the palm pre go to best buy they have them there, i had a guy give me a demo of it... its SICK!!

mach_u
09-06-2009, 08:56 AM
I have both AT&T(Work-Iphone) and Sprint(Samsung Upstage-Personal) and drive all over greater Cincinnati, Dayton, Wilmington, etc. for work. AT&T has better coverage hands down. I am always dropping calls on Sprint and have nowhere near the coverage as I do with AT&T or what friends have with Verizon. If all of Rachel's family wasn't on Sprint and Justin hadn't given us such the hookup $$ wise per month - I would have dropped them already. Sprint=teh suck IMO. All that been said, in the last few weeks both my dad and I have been having major issues with our Iphones dropping calls, one person no longer hearing the other one in the middle of conversation, just weird stuff. I am guessing they must be having some major issues for some reason as it is very unlike what I usually experience with their service? :dunno:

BradleyGT
09-06-2009, 09:23 AM
I have had Sprint for 5-6 years now and have had no problems. I would definitly recommend getting Sprint. The service area seems to be getting better. I just switched from the HTC Touch to the Blackberry Pearl both are very good phones. As for the customer service they usually give me what I ask for and are very helpful.

Crucial
09-06-2009, 12:52 PM
I have both AT&T(Work-Iphone) and Sprint(Samsung Upstage-Personal) and drive all over greater Cincinnati, Dayton, Wilmington, etc. for work. I am always dropping calls on Sprint and have nowhere near the coverage as I do with AT&T or what friends have with Verizon.

see things like that make me wonder if its the phone itself. i am everywhere from dayton, columbus, nky, and down to gatlinburg and havnt dropped a call in about 5-6 years (that i can remember)

there is only one spot i know of which is down towards falmouth ky that i loose reception for the side of one hill ...

:dunno:

mach_u
09-06-2009, 01:52 PM
see things like that make me wonder if its the phone itself. i am everywhere from dayton, columbus, nky, and down to gatlinburg and havnt dropped a call in about 5-6 years (that i can remember)

there is only one spot i know of which is down towards falmouth ky that i loose reception for the side of one hill ...

:dunno:
What kind of phone are you using? I know I have with the Upstage & Instinct and my wife has with the Rant & Rumor. We all have both the same issues. :dunno:

Crucial
09-06-2009, 03:07 PM
used to use sanyo phones but last 2 were the htc touch and now the touch pro

331TwistedWedge
09-06-2009, 03:38 PM
What kind of phone are you using? I know I have with the Upstage & Instinct and my wife has with the Rant & Rumor. We all have both the same issues. :dunno:

i've had sprint since 1999 ~ i have free roaming, they gave it to me when i lived in new richmond (service was bad) ... put your phone in roaming (roam only not automatic roaming), it picks up the closest tower ... if you call your voicemail, it will tell you which tower its piggy backing from ... you cant beat a phone that picks up any tower, this is why i like sprint ...

bangingears
09-06-2009, 09:12 PM
why not buy a jailbroken iphone if you liked it, and use with any carrier you want

one90gt
09-08-2009, 09:36 PM
pm me if you want to go w/ sprint. i can get you on the employee referral plan. if you only use 500 minutes or so you can get (basically) the simply eveything plan with less minutes for 60 or 70 bucks. if you sign up before october 31 i can get you a referral 25 dollar mastercard too:)

beefcake
09-08-2009, 10:01 PM
pm me if you want to go w/ sprint. i can get you on the employee referral plan. if you only use 500 minutes or so you can get (basically) the simply eveything plan with less minutes for 60 or 70 bucks. if you sign up before october 31 i can get you a referral 25 dollar mastercard too:)

i use about 5000 per month lol

mach_u
09-09-2009, 06:16 PM
i've had sprint since 1999 ~ i have free roaming, they gave it to me when i lived in new richmond (service was bad) ... put your phone in roaming (roam only not automatic roaming), it picks up the closest tower ... if you call your voicemail, it will tell you which tower its piggy backing from ... you cant beat a phone that picks up any tower, this is why i like sprint ...
Great suggestion - works wonders! Thanks! :bigthumb

one90gt
09-09-2009, 08:27 PM
i think the everything plan is a few less as well and the pre is now 149 as of today

Paul408Notch
09-09-2009, 09:30 PM
I got an email from Sprint tonight saying there's some big announcement for Sprint Premier customers tomorrow morning. From what I can gather, it's free calling to and from any mobile phone on any network. Kick ass!

FireStang02
09-11-2009, 11:25 AM
I got an email from Sprint tonight saying there's some big announcement for Sprint Premier customers tomorrow morning. From what I can gather, it's free calling to and from any mobile phone on any network. Kick ass!

Yeah I got that email last night too. There site has it listed too. Any mobile, anytime unlimited minutes. The pre is now $149 starting today too. Looks like I need to go get it.

rush88GT
09-11-2009, 12:16 PM
i talked to him, but they don't have any pre's in to try out :(

I have had a Pre since 9/4/09. It’s a cool phone but right now there is a limited number of apps. I think the store in Eastgate had some on display. I have had Sprint for over 5 years with no problems. If there is they fix the problem and adjust my bill right away. Shot me a PM if you want to look at my Pre.

Paul408Notch
09-11-2009, 02:23 PM
I have had a Pre since 9/4/09. It’s a cool phone but right now there is a limited number of apps. I think the store in Eastgate had some on display. I have had Sprint for over 5 years with no problems. If there is they fix the problem and adjust my bill right away. Shot me a PM if you want to look at my Pre.

Go to www.precentral.net and get with the homebrew app program. By far the best place for apps. Look into Web OS Quick Install and Preware.

beefcake
06-03-2010, 08:18 PM
so, the new 4g phone comes out tomorrow, anyone been checking this out?

Paul408Notch
06-03-2010, 09:19 PM
I pick mine up from Best Buy just after noon.

beefcake
06-03-2010, 10:47 PM
I pick mine up from Best Buy just after noon.

i've got a pre which is pretty nice, just wondering if this will be better

Crucial
06-03-2010, 11:01 PM
so, the new 4g phone comes out tomorrow, anyone been checking this out?

picking mine up from radio shack at 10 ... thing should be pretty badass

Paul408Notch
06-04-2010, 06:22 AM
I have a Pre also. Love my Pre, but I can't pass this one up.

If Palm comes out with a better WebOS-based phone someday, I'd love to switch back. But right now, it's not looking so good.

DSSKing68
06-04-2010, 06:29 AM
I just got an iphone, AT&T coverage is the best IMO...and they have new data plans coming out, a bit cheaper that the 30 per month unlimited...depending on your how much data you use.

beefcake
06-04-2010, 12:55 PM
so, is mikes store gone? I tried calling the # is disconnected and sprint online doesn't show a store??

Paul408Notch
06-04-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm still getting used to how much is on this phone compared to my Pre. It's pretty slick so far though.

cobrajoe
06-04-2010, 04:57 PM
EVO FTW!

bobtsgt
06-04-2010, 05:46 PM
i've had sprint forever. been great to me. some places have lower coverage but it could be the phone

beefcake
06-04-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm still getting used to how much is on this phone compared to my Pre. It's pretty slick so far though.

what's it got?

Paul408Notch
06-04-2010, 08:42 PM
what's it got?

There are about 8123 reviews of it online. Go read some. :lol:

beefcake
06-04-2010, 10:31 PM
There are about 8123 reviews of it online. Go read some. :lol:

most of the stuff i've read is about streaming

not eligible for discounted upgrade to sep 1st. i'll see how they do til then i guess

Metcalf Racing
06-05-2010, 12:21 AM
I tried to get a hold of Mike a a while back to buy some new phones and couldn't reach him either

Paul408Notch
06-05-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm on the evo right now. The most impressive thing has to be the screen. I'm just amazed at how much difference the 4.3" screen makes. And the on screen keyboard is pretty much flawless.

Crucial
06-05-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm on the evo right now. The most impressive thing has to be the screen. I'm just amazed at how much difference the 4.3" screen makes. And the on screen keyboard is pretty much flawless.

i agree ... i love how fluid it is too ... runs smooth as silk

cobraman302
06-05-2010, 11:42 AM
i agree ... i love how fluid it is too ... runs smooth as silk

they do have an amazing touchscreen, and to my knowledge the company that makes the touchscreens also makes the touchscreen for the IPhones...

I am contemplating getting the incredible with Verizon but not sure I can part with my Blackberry curve, only because of the blackberry messenger, really handy keyboard, decent web browsing, and excellent battery life for a smartphone.

AntiRice427
06-06-2010, 01:26 AM
Check out Boost Mobile. Blackberry with unlimited everything for 60 a month. Can't beat it. They use the Sprint network.

Paul408Notch
06-06-2010, 09:29 AM
they do have an amazing touchscreen, and to my knowledge the company that makes the touchscreens also makes the touchscreen for the IPhones...

I am contemplating getting the incredible with Verizon but not sure I can part with my Blackberry curve, only because of the blackberry messenger, really handy keyboard, decent web browsing, and excellent battery life for a smartphone.

My wife had a Curve and inherited my Pre once I picked up the Evo. She can't believe how bad the BB was now that she has the Pre. I think BBs function well, and they do have good battery life, but they definitely aren't the phone for me.