PDA

View Full Version : auto zone on montgomery road.

Kevin1989
09-06-2009, 03:20 AM
i have been going there to get odds and ends for the contour and today i go in to get a CV boot kit, All well and good. Im paying and an employee comes in looking pissed all greasy, I had seen him under a chrysler minivan? anyway he comes in and is talking to the other workers about how dumb this guy is, i guess they were trying to put the belt on this van. He said the guy was an idiot or something and everytime they got it close he would knock it off a pulley. As Im getting in my truck and some guy stops me and asks if i had a pry bar. to shorten things up i ended up helping this guy out putting this belt on because auto zone people wussed out, they work at an autoparts store, But when it comes to doing general mantinence they run away and give up. The guys who owned the van was not very car savy but he was trying. but after it all said and done i found out the guy was just passing through when the belt snapped and he was from kentucky, he had 6 kids with him and his wife and they had been driving all day. Autozone FTL

Mista Bone
09-06-2009, 04:01 AM
They sell parts, not work on cars.

Now which Autozone on Montgomery are you talking about, I know of two of them.

Fields Ertel or Kennedy Heights???? I'm guessing Fields Ertel.

87poopcoupe
09-06-2009, 07:06 AM
perhaps the guy was too proud to ask for help ? ....until someone spoke to you......

we've all been there before.

ADaughen
09-06-2009, 08:52 AM
For liability reasons many stores won't even allow the employees to put on wiper blades... I'm surprised he was doing anything more than diagnostics. :/

That type of work used to be decent tip money when I worked at NAPA. I used to change wiper blades and headlights in the rain... Rusted wiper arms that hadn't been removed for two, plus seasons... I once was asked to change a spark plug on a '87 Porsche. The block was still hot. >_< I got a few bucks and a burnt knuckle out of it, though.

At least the guy was trying to be helpful to a point... Whenever I send my wife to the local parts store with a hand written list of parts the "parts expert" challenges her with "what do you need that for?" and just plain hassling her.

89coupe
09-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Yeah trust me not all autozones are like that im a CM at the store in harrison and trust me we try to help customers out whenever they need it, and to be honest i dont even have to leave my desk my job is to take care of all my commercial accounts, but i find myself outside alot helping the ones who need a hand, we are supposed to install wiper blades,batteries, and thats basically it anything more we are supposed to refer them to a shop so if that autozone employee was putting belts on he was doing more than he's really supposed to do, although i have to say he should not have talked like that if he worked at my store he would no longer be an employee especially if the guy was from out of town. i would have definatly helped the man fix his vehicle. so if anyone on here is tired of there local autozone start shopping the one in harrison.....

04 Venom
09-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Thumbs up to you for helping a family in need.

Mista Bone
09-06-2009, 02:19 PM
89coupe, too far of a drive.

The Fairfield store has done me right for past 10+ years. Like when the pads I needed AZ could no longer get, the manager called up to O'Reilys to see if they had them and asked if they would "hold the doors" as it was 8:50 PM and closed at 9:00 PM.

Customer Service keeps customers.

Kevin1989
09-07-2009, 11:15 AM
it was the store right by fields ertle yes,

306Power
09-07-2009, 03:05 PM
IMO Autozone is only good for non mechanical car accessories(car wash supplies, oil, antifreeze, renting tools, and etc.) Whenever I need parts KOI is the one and only place Ill go. There staff is always really knowledgable and do what they can to help you out. The people that work at the Autozone where I live couldnt even direct you in the right direction if you had a question.

Blackpony
09-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Kevin, i happen to work at the auto zone on beechmont rd as a part time manager. No employee is suppose to do any sort of repair on a vehicle at all besides batteries and small fix it's like wiper installs which i am totally against. I get people in my store all the time who assume that since we sell the parts we should install them also. The worst customers are men who come in there and want you to do everything for them even though they can do it themselves.

1992MustangDW
09-07-2009, 10:36 PM
autozone on bechmont has always done me right, I even think we use them at michel tires. I have had bad luck with wrong parts at smyth

mwaller5672
09-07-2009, 10:47 PM
When I was at harrison autozone recently I ask them to change a battery and he told me they are like walmart or krogers. The sell the stuff but don't install anything. Very very rude. I just started going over to auto advance. Only decent guy in harrison is the red headed guy

Blackpony
09-08-2009, 09:18 AM
When I was at harrison autozone recently I ask them to change a battery and he told me they are like walmart or krogers. The sell the stuff but don't install anything. Very very rude. I just started going over to auto advance. Only decent guy in harrison is the red headed guy

The guys at AZ were wrong to tell you that. AZ does install batteries but i think that it has gotten out of hand. I personally think it should be more as just selling parts and no install what so ever. Too much time is wasted doing installs and then it just backs up things in the store. When i close on my 2 nights there i have a rule that knowone goes outside if only 2 employees are in the store and that includes me as one of the employees. The phones are non stop and you get a dozen customers in the store and trying to do everything with one person is just bullshit.

Sure i'll go out and do a quick OBD II test or installs some wiper blades on a car but only if she's hot and she asks nicely but thats it.

mwaller5672
09-08-2009, 09:32 AM
If she's hot give me a call and I'll come down and do it. : ). She doesn't have to even be nice.

Blackpony
09-08-2009, 11:39 AM
If she's hot give me a call and I'll come down and do it. : ). She doesn't have to even be nice.

I've gotten a few phone numbers in my days when i was single

sean
09-08-2009, 02:53 PM
AZ are hit and miss just like everything else. The one I go to I can walk to in 2 or 3 minutes. The guys are all very nice and helpfull. I have been in some others that are just a nightmare to go to. Seems the closer you get to cincinnati the worse they get.

89coupe
09-08-2009, 05:32 PM

I dont know who you talked to at harrison but im the commercial manager there and we install batteries all the time, do you remember who you talked to? the only batteries we dont install are the ones that are in the fenderwell..

mwaller5672
09-08-2009, 05:37 PM
All I know is it was a younger guy and suppose to be a manager. It pissed me off because of his attitude and I knew better. I took the battery out of his hand and left. Still got the exchange at home. He said go ahead and take it. We got plenty of batteries in the back room. Ask the red head guy. He knows'

89coupe
09-08-2009, 07:52 PM
All I know is it was a younger guy and suppose to be a manager. It pissed me off because of his attitude and I knew better. I took the battery out of his hand and left. Still got the exchange at home. He said go ahead and take it. We got plenty of batteries in the back room. Ask the red head guy. He knows'

was the supposed (manager) wearing a red shirt or a grey shirt? i apologize for his actions, i dont want any customers leaving the store upset, if you can remember who acted like that ill take car of it..... also next time you need something just stop back by and ask for Ron ill give you a discount on your next purchase... sorry for your inconvience....

Blackpony
09-09-2009, 08:09 AM

I had a woman come into the store a few years back with a brand new 745I black. This girl was hot as hell and came in and asked me what she would need to remove scratches from her hood. Well i went out to her car to see how bad the scratches were and i almost shit myself when i seen what she did. Basically she thought it would be a good idea to remove some bugs that wouldn't come off by using a SOS soap pad. She had scuffed the clear coat off the car. I told her to take it to a body shop for repair. She later said that her father had bought her the car and that he was gonna kill her.lol

Mista Bone
09-09-2009, 02:57 PM
my first attempt at removing brake dust from EXP wheels ended about the same.

I didn't know the wheels were painted and clearcoated. I just fine SS wool on one wheel, oops.........DUMBASS.

When I had my DUI I wrecked that side, taking out the wheel. SO it only looked like crap for 2 months.