PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler Alert--Controversy at the US Nationals

04 Venom
09-07-2009, 06:36 PM
As big a fan as I am of John Force, I disagree with his obvious decision to throw the race against Robert Hight so he (Hight) would make it to the countdown instead of Cruz Pedregon. Glad to see Ashely Force win and for 6 Fords making it into the final 10 in Funny Car. However, NHRA should have disqualified Force for throwing the race. I don't blame the Pedregons for being pissed.

Mista Bone
09-07-2009, 06:44 PM
John Force TV?????

dedpedal
09-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Im a huge fan of Force too but I agree with what he did. I have to say that I would have just not made the call or spun the tires on the hit instead of risking both cars by spinning at half track.
Either way, Force has 100% of his team in the countdown instead of 75%. These guys arent weekend warriors like us, this is their means of living.As the cars lined up I leaned to a friend and we both agred the outcome but not what happened. It was a call made by the owner, its happened before and it will happen again.

Steves LX
09-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Im a huge fan of Force too but I agree with what he did. I have to say that I would have just not made the call or spun the tires on the hit instead of risking both cars by spinning at half track.
Either way, Force has 100% of his team in the countdown instead of 75%. These guys arent weekend warriors like us, this is their means of living.As the cars lined up I leaned to a friend and we both agred the outcome but not what happened. It was a call made by the owner, its happened before and it will happen again.

I couldn't agree with you more on that. Call it dirty or whatever you want. I call it being smart and doing what he had to do. Not no different than the weekend warrior sandbagging so to say but in a different way. I do however think he took a big risk by sending it straight to the wall. The classic was down at the end when he told Pedregon that my kid whipped your ass.

cstreu1026
09-08-2009, 08:19 AM
I think when ever you have multi-car teams you are going to have that sort of thing happen.

NUTTSGT
09-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Watching the Fued at the end was interesting.

beefcake
09-08-2009, 09:25 AM
race isn't on til friday and i couldn't help but look, lol

i'm glad they are all in, and it's a competition,

i remember a year or 2 ago, the same thing happened with lucas and whats here name, they didn't throw it, and didn't make the countdown, and i remember they were kicking themselves in the a$$ the rest of the season

4 is better than 3

plus, they did what they needed to do, they qualified in different positions, top 5 to position themselves perfect, won the races they needed to win, they did there jobs

BigBadStang
09-08-2009, 11:12 AM
DSR did the same thing 2 years ago at Seattle...Scelzi vs. Bazemore, and Cruz torched the tires at the hit when he was racing Tony in Vegas 2 years ago when Hight was battling him for the title and Robert went out early. I guess they have a short memory. The Pedregons have a grudge against John, and every time they get on camera, they make themselves look like jealous little kids.
Last year when Cruz was crowned champion, in his immediate interview he ran his mouth about John running around trying to steal everyones sponsors. If I had just been crowned champ, running Force down the road would be the furthest thing from my mind! If Cruz can't keep his sponsors happy, and give them a good return on investment, and John can, then that is on THEM, not John.
The Pedregon's say nice things to others faces, but when the camera comes on, and the competition is far away, thats when they flap their mouths, they've been doing it for years (until yesterday when Tony confronted John in the presence of the media instead of talking to him like a man in private.).

Now my rant on Mike Dunn...He has no business saying what he said on a "live" telecast. What he said is strictly his opinion, and he has absolutely zero evidence to claim without doubt the "fix was on". Mike Dunn was out of line yesterday.
He claims to be friends with John, but if you watch, any time Dunn is on air with John, he makes smart ass remarks that go beyond good old ribbing between friends.

dedpedal
09-08-2009, 11:15 AM
As with any bussiness, you dont have to like your coworkers but you either work with them or find another job.

firestang70
09-08-2009, 12:56 PM
When is this going to be aired? I need to watch this. I would let Ashley whip me if (at least if I was in a bowl of Jello,pudding,oil,battery acid).

BigBadStang
09-08-2009, 01:00 PM
When is this going to be aired? I need to watch this. I would let Ashley whip me if (at least if I was in a bowl of Jello,pudding,oil,battery acid).

It's supposed to be...
09/11/2009 Repeat Eliminations 3:00:00 AM - 5:00:00 AM ET (ESPN2).

But ESPN2 has a bad reputation for shuffling shit around to accomodate inane sports such as cricket, and soccer.:rolleyes:

Mista Bone
09-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Didn't Tony drive for Force for 6-7 years????

The issue is Force said one thing then did another. Force said he would race it heads up but them he headed for the wall, throwing the race.

beefcake
09-08-2009, 03:31 PM
It's supposed to be...
09/11/2009 Repeat Eliminations 3:00:00 AM - 5:00:00 AM ET (ESPN2).

But ESPN2 has a bad reputation for shuffling shit around to accomodate inane sports such as cricket, and soccer.:rolleyes:

i always go an hour later on the recordings in case the sports run over

sometimes that still cuts it close

Mista Bone
09-08-2009, 04:18 PM
rewatching it right now :)

04 Venom
09-08-2009, 04:31 PM
The issue is Force said one thing then did another. Force said he would race it heads up but them he headed for the wall, throwing the race.

That is my point. John deliberately turned right, left the grove and instantly smoked the tires. Clearly deliberate and clearly against the rules--regardless who does it. If NHRA is going to have the rule, they should enforce it--otherwise eliminate the rule and be honest about it. The feud between Force and Pedregon that was caught on camera, after Ashley beat Tony, made them both look like idiots.

347sc
09-08-2009, 04:35 PM
If NHRA is going to have the rule, they should enforce it--otherwise eliminate the rule and be honest about it.

What is the rule exactly? Serious not trying to start anything just wondering what rule was broke.
As stated above, Cruz did it for Tony a few years back.

BigBadStang
09-08-2009, 05:12 PM
That is my point. John deliberately turned right, left the grove and instantly smoked the tires. Clearly deliberate and clearly against the rules--regardless who does it. If NHRA is going to have the rule, they should enforce it--otherwise eliminate the rule and be honest about it. The feud between Force and Pedregon that was caught on camera, after Ashley beat Tony, made them both look like idiots.

What conclusive proof do you have that he intentionally turned right?
You don't have any, it's strictly your opinion. There is no conclusive proof that it went down like you say, or NHRA would have done something. To call someone a cheater, and a liar without conclusive proof is slanderous.
Do I think it was 'fixed'? Possibly, but I can't say without any doubt that it was, so I will not call JF a cheater.

This goes on in other forms of racing too. NASCAR drivers are given team orders when they are told to let a teammate take the lead for bonus points that many times have a huge impact at seasons end.

86NotchGT
09-08-2009, 07:21 PM
To quote Rick Flair (To be the man you have to beat the man) All he had to do was beat john and then beat robert and he couln't do it there for he's not the man hahahahahaha and i think it's funny as hell.Tony is leading the points and running his mouth about being the little guy in the sport if it wasn't for john he would still be a nobody................

On a side not mike dunn is a Stool i meen tool........

12seclx
09-08-2009, 08:19 PM
i agree with 86' notch...

The pedregon's have NO one to be mad at but themselves...
WIN if you want to be in the Top 10... plain and simple...

John's comment about his kid kickin' tony's ass was funny...
If I was tony, I would've said, she might of kicked my ass, but
I'll bust her's tonight!!!! :lol:

:tongue2:

04 Venom
09-08-2009, 11:34 PM
What conclusive proof do you have that he intentionally turned right?
You don't have any, it's strictly your opinion. There is no conclusive proof that it went down like you say, or NHRA would have done something. To call someone a cheater, and a liar without conclusive proof is slanderous.
Do I think it was 'fixed'? Possibly, but I can't say without any doubt that it was, so I will not call JF a cheater.

This goes on in other forms of racing too. NASCAR drivers are given team orders when they are told to let a teammate take the lead for bonus points that many times have a huge impact at seasons end.

Your right; it is my opinion and probably every one else, but you, who watched the race. Also, go to the NHRA website and look at Force's reaction time for that race. I don't care if it occurs in NASCAR--two wrongs don't make it right. If NHRA wants to allow team orders, change the rules and be up front about it.

By the way, if you are going to use legal terminology, slander applies to oral statements; libel applies to written statements.

Steves LX
09-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Hey other than what I stated earlier in this thread. Who the hell cares if John cheated or not. It's water under the bridge now and the NHRA reviewed it and they say everything was fine. At the end of the day that's all that matters. John's the man and his daughter is the shiznit and I would beat her like a circus monkey anyday of the week. Or better off I would let her beat me like a circus monkey. The pedregons need to shut their holes and go whine and cry to someone else. Bunch of sorry sore losers!!!

BigBadStang
09-09-2009, 03:38 PM
By the way, if you are going to use legal terminology, slander applies to oral statements; libel applies to written statements.

:rolleyes:
That would be why I used the term slanderous. I don't think the Pedregon's wrote the shit down and distributed it.
You should lighten up a bit man, I wasn't calling you out for slander, I was referring to the Pedregon's. I doubt John Force gives a rats ass what you say about him on an internet forum. ;)

04 Venom
09-09-2009, 05:34 PM
:rolleyes:
That would be why I used the term slanderous. I don't think the Pedregon's wrote the shit down and distributed it.
You should lighten up a bit man, I wasn't calling you out for slander, I was referring to the Pedregon's. I doubt John Force gives a rats ass what you say about him on an internet forum. ;)

My bad-- I thought you were referring to my comments. I still admire Force-- but somewhat less now. As you say, he isn't losing sleep over it either.

beefcake
09-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Hey other than what I stated earlier in this thread. Who the hell cares if John cheated or not. It's water under the bridge now and the NHRA reviewed it and they say everything was fine. At the end of the day that's all that matters. John's the man and his daughter is the shiznit and I would beat her like a circus monkey anyday of the week. Or better off I would let her beat me like a circus monkey. The pedregons need to shut their holes and go whine and cry to someone else. Bunch of sorry sore losers!!!

i have one thing to say about your statement

i agree that ashley is the shiznit and would beat or be beaten by here like a circus monkey :)

bbfstanger
09-09-2009, 06:36 PM
JF did what he's paid to do by his sponsors, he got all his cars in the final 10he should be congradulated not called a cheater,and to do it in front of everyone without breaking any NHRA rules,he's the man!!
as for ashley ,she is the hotnes forsure lol!
the pedregons had the same opportunity to win the race and didnt.
dunn's a douche bag for taking sides as a broadcaster.

dedpedal
09-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Anyone see how Pedregon got snubbed at the Eldora race?

BigBadStang
09-10-2009, 05:41 AM
Anyone see how Pedregon got snubbed at the Eldora race?

No, I missed it.
How did he get snubbed?
Give us the 'dirt' Kevin.:lol:

dedpedal
09-10-2009, 08:40 AM
I was watching some deal on the dirt at Eldora last night that had a bunch of nascar drivers and then there was Capps and Pedregon. At the announcment of the drivers, everyone was mingling on stage for the camera but nobody wanted to mingle with Cruz. It reminded me of Obama getting snubbed in Russia.

93cobra
09-10-2009, 08:20 PM
:nono::dork: