Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
ha $25 charge for plastic on the window [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : ha $25 charge for plastic on the window

plated
09-10-2009, 10:14 AM
for cryin out loud,i just called to get my g/f car from the tow company (got totaled yesterday) well i can see a tow bill and $25 for cleaning the mess up,then the lady says there a $25 charge to put plastic on the window:confused: what's this world coming to,i like how they take it upon them selves to do that wtf:rolleyes:

facemelter71
09-10-2009, 10:23 AM
After I wrecked my truck they charged me 465 for towing.And they towed it 2 blocks and parked it in the front of there parking lot outside.

wes 89 gt
09-10-2009, 10:46 AM
damn that sucks chris. Is She ok?

DeckerEnt
09-10-2009, 09:38 PM
What happened and is everyone ok? You are ranting about the tow so I hope everything is all right.

Rick93coupe
09-10-2009, 10:34 PM
After I wrecked my truck they charged me 465 for towing.And they towed it 2 blocks and parked it in the front of there parking lot outside.

How the hell did they justify that cost?

facemelter71
09-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Dont really know.
My truck was on its top from the rollover.They said they had to roll it back on its wheels,and winch it down a hill.
I said you guys threw a strap through both doors and through the cap to roll it over AND winch it down the hill.Took you what 20 minutes.I called bullshit and they knocked it down to 350.Still outragous.But I said screw it and paid it anyway.

FireStang02
09-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Its totaled and they did you a favor covering the window....wtf? Morons

thecollector
09-12-2009, 01:04 AM
Its totaled and they did you a favor covering the window....wtf? Morons

Tow truck operators are not collision esitimators, and many cars are being rebuilt even after having been branded salvage.

350 is steep even for a large cleanup with a 20 milestow, but if fluids were spilled and glass was broken they are responsible for completely clearing the accident scene. I would rather them bag the window for $25 cause chances are I'll be taking the insurance check and rebuilding the car. That's a cheap price to pay for a well preserved interior. Auto recovery and towing is very inconsistent on pricing, and it really pays to know a few good companies just in case. In the case of most accidents when the car is taken to a shop insurance companies are picking up the tab with the repair costs so tow companies aren't afraid to sandbag a little especially if they have to get directly reimbursed from the insurance company. The guy in the truck is ussually getting paid for the services he provides during each shift not necessarily on an hourly basis so a $25 window bagging is probably $10 in his pocket. An operator who bagged a window is also probably someone who new what he was doing and took some pride in his work, I can appreciate that in any proffession. At least jethro didn't pull up in a 72 Chevy with no exhaust or matching body panels sporting a rust colored Holmes 440 and make you hook the car up yourself cause his belly was to big to reach under it...:eek: (Ive seen it happen)