PDA

View Full Version : Boxer Puppy Question?

Blonde_5.0
09-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Ok so I know quite a few of you have boxers on here. I had Larry, but he was 5 when we got him. Now we have Codie; he is 4 months old.

Ok here's the question....did your boxer puppy ever seem to just go crazy...I mean totally hual ass running around and jumping off of stuff... he does it probably 3 times a week now...maybe the testosterone going I don't know.

He will be all calm and collected and then he will just stare at you all calmly and then go ape shit...just wondering if this is normal?:confused:

1_slo_92
09-11-2009, 12:24 AM
yes thats very normal lol. Our boxer pup is just over 3 months and goes nuts all the time.. Theyre just wanting to play i believe.

nsaniti
09-11-2009, 12:35 AM
lol i got a 7-8 yr old boxer pit who will randomly take off full sprint around the house.. shes got a pattern she does.. its funny.. but yea nothin to worry about.

Blonde_5.0
09-11-2009, 12:37 AM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n23/stefiny1/photos023.jpg

This is Codie...around 3 months...he has now lost his puppy belly and just looks like a mini boxer... but man... I thought I picked the one with a mental disorder the way he has been acting... glad to know other puppies are doing it too...

Andy thought I was lying to him since he has never seen it since we got him...but after tonight he def. knows...

dsmawd350
09-11-2009, 12:38 AM
my pitbull pup did the same thing when she was younger. across the couch, up the stairs, back down, spin in a circle etc LOL

1_slo_92
09-11-2009, 12:48 AM
boxers are dumb when theyre young in my opinion. We actually just saved peanut. He had parvo last weekend. Slowly nursed him back to health and 200+ bux later in vet bills hes nuts all over again LoL

sean
09-11-2009, 12:58 AM
I think a lot of dogs will do this. I have a patterdale terrier and a whippet and they go absolutley nuts. We have a big sectional and sam (whippet) will run sideways on the back, arount the turn jump off and go around the dining room table, using the wall to get around the turn faster. The whole time macy (patterdale terrier) it giving chase. They are actually pulling up the carpet on the path. Cant see it unless you look hard but there are little loops of carpet sticking up.

ibstrokin
09-11-2009, 01:14 AM
My parents boxer will be calmly lying on the porch then BAMM, off like a rocket across the yard.

Blonde_5.0
09-11-2009, 01:24 AM
very glad to see that i didn't get a defective one.. ha ha ha

1_slo_92
09-11-2009, 01:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UWjnYE3Vxw

MrsAPE
09-11-2009, 07:32 AM
very glad to see that i didn't get a defective one.. ha ha ha
Well, you do have Andy....:lol:

YTryCobra
09-11-2009, 07:49 AM
We just got a boxer almost a year ago. We have a chow. Never had a boxer before. The only thing I can say is WOW. This dog is a 100mph all the time. Yes she goes ape shit all the time.

aperacer
09-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Well, you do have Andy....:lol:

i know the feeling......
nice looking puppy....

Pitbull1052
09-11-2009, 08:22 AM
I have a pit who'll be 7 this year and he still does the same thing..... sitting there one min off to the races like he just had his best 60' time off a pro tree....... it's pretty funny... and I kinda still have a boxer he's a white one actually and he's pretty big about 95lbs but it's funny cause he's got really long legs so his flying around doesnt look as fast but he covers alot of ground

facemelter71
09-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Hell yea.Im defective as hell.

This dog went phsyco last night.Me and Steph were watching TV and have you ever gottin the feeling your being watched or looked at?

There he was on the floor staring at me.Ears pinned back,eyes wide open.Not moving.I look down and say "what the hell is wrong with him",Steph looked over and said better look out.
As soon as she said that,this 25 pound ROCKET from hell shot from the floor,touched the couch and ran straight up the back side of the couch.Ran around my head and blew from the top of the couch to the floor and ran to the bathroom and back and sat in front of Stephanie.

CRAP we have a demonic dog.This thing was blasting around the carpet at Mach1 and used the couch's as sling shots.And bashing into every thing in his way,not caring.But pausing in between to stop and stare with his ears pinned back and eyes wide open.Ready.Waiting.........

MrsAPE
09-11-2009, 09:32 AM
i know the feeling......
I know you love me defects and all.

Hell yea.Im defective as hell.

defectives unite!!
At least now you know Steph isn't as crazy as you thought she was telling you about the sweet little puppy that goes crazy!!

PONYGRL
09-11-2009, 09:40 AM
He is sooo cute! I am glad you decided to get another puppy :)

When Shelby was a lil younger, she used to do the running around like crazy thing and had her overly playful moods. She'd run in circles around the whole house and hop on the couch....like she was being chased. I think she grew out of the though- she just turned 3, when it feels like I just picked her out the other day. I'm not looking forward to her getting old.

facemelter71
09-11-2009, 09:54 AM
I thought she was out of her mind.Ive never seen a dog do that kind of thing.Its like he thinks hes a cat or some thing.Very PHSYCO.

nsaniti
09-11-2009, 10:26 AM
I thought she was out of her mind.Ive never seen a dog do that kind of thing.Its like he thinks hes a cat or some thing.Very PHSYCO.

lol ya my boxer pit doesn't run into shit but idk how she manages not to. full speed from the living room through the kitchen to the dining room turns on a dime back the other way then off the couch and up the stairs . cracks me up when she does it. she also finds the sun spots in the morning and wont budge from them in the house, she thinks shes getting a tan or something :lol:

facemelter71
09-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Yea didnt you have those monterous dogs too.Those Irish wolfhound horse things.

nsaniti
09-11-2009, 10:33 AM
LOL yep still 2 at my moms and 6 or 7 at my dads. i cant stand them they destroy houses.

facemelter71
09-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Well shit,they are houses.

95redstang
09-11-2009, 11:18 AM
My boxer is 3. He is nuts all the damn time. He can jump my 4ft split rail fence. The first year we had him I thought he was "special". He jumped the fence in 2007 and took off down to Resor rd. and got hit by a car. That little bastard cost me $1300 for his broken paw. The more I read about them I found out that is just the way they are. They are good dogs but extremely hyper. You have to have a good size yard to just let them run. We let him outside and he hauls ass the entire yard running in circles. He will do that for about 10 minutes straight . His dumb ass has ran into one of the trees a few different times.

89notch
09-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Mine both do the same thing :lol:

Pitbull1052
09-11-2009, 11:48 AM
but just look at those faces!!!!!!! gotta love it! lol

Black92LX
09-11-2009, 12:09 PM
pretty much all dogs do that.

My German Shepherd is 4 she still does it and my Pitbull is 2 and she does it

Blonde_5.0
09-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Well, you do have Andy....:lol: Well I already knew he was defective HaHa

and I knew boxers were hyper...I mean Larry had his moments, but Codie man....he is just CRAZY

MrsAPE
09-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Codie is a pup though. He could be spending too much time with Andy too. Might want to watch that. ;)

PONYGRL
09-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Mine both do the same thing :lol:

Awwwww how cute. I love boxers and pits but Chris doesnt like the way they look so I doubt he will let me get one when we move and get a house w/a nice yard, which is hopefully soon. They are my favorite breed and anything mixed w/boxer always comes out adorable and full of energy too.

CNTLOSE
09-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Well just like everyone said, it is normal. Our boxer was this way until he was about 4 or so. He is 9 now and the only thing that gets him going crazy is a stranger at the door or trying to "box" with him.

ADaughen
09-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Our boxer used to take a dump, then start running around like crazy. Always told the wife he was excited about the weight reduction. :lol:

Blonde_5.0
09-11-2009, 07:01 PM
:lol:
Our boxer used to take a dump, then start running around like crazy. Always told the wife he was excited about the weight reduction. :lol:

haha strangely enough Codie does the same outside... pees poops and then tries to bolt around... since he's leashed he just ends up circling me:lol:

MsBlkramair
09-13-2009, 05:46 PM
It's called "zoomies" or "the late night crazies" as I like to call them. All puppies get them, even older dogs too. It helps if you get to walk them really good at least once a day or have a boig enough yard to let them run it off. My 3 year boxer and 4 month old great dane go NUTS at least once a day. Its insae. They are so big they knock over kitchen chairs, push the couch and coffee table back, picture frames will wiggle if they hit the walls. ts crazy, but so much fun to watch. Boxers....never grow out of the zoomies.

PS Codie is frickin adorable! i LOVE boxer puppy faces.