PDA

View Full Version : E20 tonight

kennebellcobra
09-11-2009, 11:04 AM
I think the wife is getting worst than me...she wants to go back and get that 12.xxx. I know Steve was up to 2:30 putting his back together and Curt should be there:rolleyes::lol: I also think Ricky might finally make it out:bigthumb Any one else coming out?

firestang70
09-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Love to go but stuck working a 24. Good luck on that 12.x pass!

Steves LX
09-11-2009, 12:21 PM
I think the wife is getting worst than me...she wants to go back and get that 12.xxx. I know Steve was up to 2:30 putting his back together and Curt should be there:rolleyes::lol: I also think Ricky might finally make it out:bigthumb Any one else coming out?

That means you aren't going to be able run the car like you want to then if she's driving huh?

Stangman
09-11-2009, 12:21 PM
It's a good thing I was there to help steve last night... He has trouble making bolts go in the hole! :lol:

12seclx
09-11-2009, 12:25 PM
I don't know if I'm gonna make it now...
Plans change, yada, yada, yada...:(

I'm thinkin' about going anyway...
The air feels real nice... plus, I really need to
try and get about a dozen passes in....

plus, it would be fun to line up against Sue, and let
her take off and when she gets to the tree, drop the
clutch and say, SEEEE----- YAA!!!!!!

Stangman
09-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Hey Curt... I picked me up a new cam for Bruno :D

12seclx
09-11-2009, 12:35 PM
cool Jesse...

Question is, when are you gonna go from the "jackstand master" to the "e2o drag-racer"?:D

my prediction: 08/2011..... ;)........:lol:......JK!

According to pilotfriend.com D/A calculator....
with a pressure of 30.15

the D/A will be:

1,692 ft @ 6:00 p.m.

1,170 ft @ 8:00 p.m.

919 ft @ 10:00 p.m.

should be an 11 for "Shortcake"... 12.18 for "knight rider".... :tongue2:

Steves LX
09-11-2009, 12:51 PM
cool Jesse...

Question is, when are you gonna go from the "jackstand master" to the "e2o drag-racer"?:D

my prediction: 08/2011..... ;)........:lol:......JK!

According to pilotfriend.com D/A calculator....
with a pressure of 30.15

the D/A will be:

1,692 ft @ 6:00 p.m.

1,170 ft @ 8:00 p.m.

919 ft @ 10:00 p.m.

should be an 11 for "Shortcake"... 12.18 for "knight rider".... :tongue2:

Kiss my A$$ buddy!!! I have a hunch that I am going to get my 11 second pass tonight around 9:30 or so.

kennebellcobra
09-11-2009, 02:16 PM
That means you aren't going to be able run the car like you want to then if she's driving huh?

I will get a couple in but will let her do most the racing and if I had my nos ready I would let her spray it and take Curt down:tongue2::lol:

93blacktruck
09-11-2009, 02:38 PM
I should be there

adragon72
09-11-2009, 02:42 PM
i will be there. see you all there

12seclx
09-11-2009, 03:10 PM
I will get a couple in but will let her do most the racing and if I had my nos ready I would let her spray it and take Curt down:tongue2::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

13.30 on motor..
what would it take to go 12.0....? 150 shot?

Sue is skeered..:eek:...:coo1:

;)

12seclx
09-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Kiss my A$$ buddy!!! I have a hunch that I am going to get my 11 second pass tonight around 9:30 or so.

Can I be beside you @ 9:30? That way if you are side by side with me at the line, you'll know you got it before you get your timeslip!!!

and if you aren't there at the stripe, well, we all know what that means...
12.xx:lol:.......

just razzin' ya steve! Pull the belt and spray a 50 shot... That seems to be the way to do it... :tongue2::tongue2:.....:eek:

kennebellcobra
09-11-2009, 03:51 PM
just razzin' ya steve! Pull the belt and spray a 50 shot... That seems to be the way to do it... :tongue2::tongue2:.....:eek:

I've been 11's with "out" nos and the belt on...I also have a clutch fan a/c, p/s so:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

kennebellcobra
09-11-2009, 03:53 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

13.30 on motor..
what would it take to go 12.0....? 150 shot?

Sue is skeered..:eek:...:coo1:

;)

Better make it a 200 just to make sure of victory:D

JA04GT
09-12-2009, 01:05 PM
alright im new to the site so does E20 mean edgewater if so i was there last night. put a gear in the car and went slower than i ever have.:confused:

12seclx
09-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Yes, E20 means Edgewater...

E- means Edge
2o- means water.. as in h2o.....:D

Sometimes a gear swap is only beneficial when the traction is available...
did you gain mph? was your sixty foot comparable last night to what it was before the gear swap? The air was pretty good last night..

331TwistedWedge
09-12-2009, 01:35 PM
good runs last night curt ... 11.97-11.98-11.99 :bigthumb ... you're as consistant as an automatic car ... i think shannon had an 11.8x run, but it wiggled from all that spray ... lol ... j/k ...

is the car ok shannon? ... i wish i could have ran, i had the car ready ~ but didnt clock out until 6:48 :(

steve, your best friend right now is a cam that can get you to 6500 rpms or so ... you need to get those big heads moving some air ...

the air felt pretty decent, it may have gotten down to 1000-1100 feet???

JA04GT
09-12-2009, 01:53 PM
lost 2 mph and havent looked at the 60ft time yet. but i am a new driver when it comes to racing, and just could stop breaking loose.

kennebellcobra
09-12-2009, 05:23 PM
good runs last night curt ... 11.97-11.98-11.99 :bigthumb ... you're as consistant as an automatic car ... i think shannon had an 11.8x run, but it wiggled from all that spray ... lol ... j/k ...

is the car ok shannon? ... i wish i could have ran, i had the car ready ~ but didnt clock out until 6:48 :(

steve, your best friend right now is a cam that can get you to 6500 rpms or so ... you need to get those big heads moving some air ...

Spray...Ha Ha...I think Curt payed someone to put some oil down at the 1/8 mile:lol:

Nothing hurt just seems the motor mounts let the motor shift around and the driveshaft was rubbing the loop.

Good runs Curt...even though I only had the one run I had a lot of fun with you letting me adjust your suspension and tire pressure where ever I wanted without you looking to see what I did...kinda cool...maybe I'll let you do that to mine next time:bigthumb

I should have some video up soon.

2Kblacksleeper
09-12-2009, 09:54 PM
I was there last night but i did not bring my car. I got out of work late and did not feel like heading home to shuffle cars around to get it out and drive up there. I hope to make a few passes this year since i havn't run since well ever.

From watching lights it seem like if you wait for the green you lost. I was thinking of when the last yellow bulb come on full tilt then taking off. Does this sound right? I would think this would help get a good reaction time?

Sorry for the noobish questions. I just lack the experience of doing it right now.

John

Stangman
09-13-2009, 12:23 AM
Apparently for me, letting the air suspension down on the Lincoln before running it was a bad idea...

Smoked the hides all the way to about the 1/8th mile!!! :lol:

I f'ing hate street tires... I treed the shit out of ole boy and his white lincoln... but spun the hell out of them thru first and second!! My MPH was dead nuts with his too... I woulda had him for sure.

Thats okay, maybe the black car will make it's fall debut next week :D

12seclx
09-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Spray...Ha Ha...I think Curt payed someone to put some oil down at the 1/8 mile:lol:

Nothing hurt just seems the motor mounts let the motor shift around and the driveshaft was rubbing the loop.

Good runs Curt...even though I only had the one run I had a lot of fun with you letting me adjust your suspension and tire pressure where ever I wanted without you looking to see what I did...kinda cool...maybe I'll let you do that to mine next time:bigthumb

I should have some video up soon.

I didn't pay anyone and I didn't see you getting that loose that you had to lift....:tongue2:.....:D

Had I known my mindset for the night was gonna be to try to go 11's vs. pull good reaction times, I would've had the ice and pulley kickin'... Next time I will so you might want to buddy up with MD this week and get back on the rollers......:eek:....:D..... The re-match won't be pretty... then, I'll race Sue and bump my shift light from 5,700 to 4,700 and see what'll happen... :coo1:

Perhaps I'll travel to Muncie on Wednesday to "sneak" away and try some timing and fuel adjustments, along with other suspension changes, then come out to E2O and be swinging... ready for the Flamer and Knight Rider... "Shortcake" is looking for a little revenge fellas... well, where the Flamer is concerned... :tongue2:............:cool2:

12seclx
09-13-2009, 10:58 AM

Thanks rick... my shifts still need a little fine tuning... I'm finding out that I pick up when I'm in close competition and I need to drive the car the same every time.... Went ahead and made some major notes on my tune incase my laptop checks out... it's been acting flaky... but found out I'm running more timing than originally thought...:eek:...:eek:...:eek:...:eek:

331TwistedWedge
09-13-2009, 11:22 AM
I didn't pay anyone and I didn't see you getting that loose that you had to lift....:tongue2:.....:D

Had I known my mindset for the night was gonna be to try to go 11's vs. pull good reaction times, I would've had the ice and pulley kickin'... Next time I will so you might want to buddy up with MD this week and get back on the rollers......:eek:....:D..... The re-match won't be pretty... then, I'll race Sue and bump my shift light from 5,700 to 4,700 and see what'll happen... :coo1:

Perhaps I'll travel to Muncie on Wednesday to "sneak" away and try some timing and fuel adjustments, along with other suspension changes, then come out to E2O and be swinging... ready for the Flamer and Knight Rider... "Shortcake" is looking for a little revenge fellas... well, where the Flamer is concerned... :tongue2:............:cool2:

Well you guys can battle it out, but you and shannon do an amazing job with what you have :bigthumb its a whole lot of fun to race when you dont have to spend every pay check on a car ...

now you leave sue alone, shes coming along nicely ... next year she will be showing you guys how to shift :bigthumb

12seclx
09-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Well you guys can battle it out, but you and shannon do an amazing job with what you have :bigthumb its a whole lot of fun to race when you dont have to spend every pay check on a car ...

now you leave sue alone, shes coming along nicely ... next year she will be showing you guys how to shift :bigthumb

Thanks rick... part of going faster is refusing to give up... and like JPC says, I hate losing more than I like winning....:lol:....:lol:

Over winter, there'll be another list of "things to buy"...

The weather is looking VERY nice for this week ahead..
75* for Wednesday... Muncie usually hooks so I might
go for my 11.8x in 1,000 ft. of air... :D.......

Ice and push it all the way up in the lanes...
talk to the guy on the line and see if he'll spray for me... ;)
Shallow stage the car as much as possible... maybe try lowering the ride height in the front 1/2"....

It's all coming together.. the little stock cam'd 293hp junkyard motor is flexin' at the flamer and knight rider!!!!!!!! come get ya some Be-0ootch!:lol:

kennebellcobra
09-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Someone woke up a little cocky this morning...that's the motivation I needed to turn it up a notch...you better be doing something...I've just been playing with stawberry shortcake...guess it's time to quit going easy on ya. HA HA!

firestang70
09-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Someone woke up with a little cock this morning... HA HA!Wow Shannon not everyone needed to know this. I guess thats why the call him Strawberry SHORTcake. BWAHAHAHAHA:lol:

12seclx
09-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Someone woke up a little cocky this morning...that's the motivation I needed to turn it up a notch...you better be doing something...I've just been playing with stawberry shortcake...guess it's time to quit going easy on ya. HA HA!

I'm not skeered... and you haven't been going easy...
well, pullin' the belt isn't what I call going easy anyway... ;)

well, what's it gonna be to turn it up a notch?

port the heads... already ported...
port the intake... already ported...
cam.. ahh, can't see you spendin' the money for that... :D

when the light drops, the bullshit stops.. and the Flamer folded under pressure....:lol:....:eek:.....just messin' with ya...

I guess I'll go ahead and tell ya... I ported my upper intake as best possible and cleaned up the upper to lower intake gasket... I think it helped... ;).... rick was in on this and so was Steve... Gotchya buddy!!!!
:tongue2:....:tongue2:...:tongue2:...:bigthumb

kennebellcobra
09-13-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm not skeered... and you haven't been going easy...
well, pullin' the belt isn't what I call going easy anyway... ;)

well, what's it gonna be to turn it up a notch?

port the heads... already ported...
port the intake... already ported...
cam.. ahh, can't see you spendin' the money for that... :D

when the light drops, the bullshit stops.. and the Flamer folded under pressure....:lol:....:eek:.....just messin' with ya...

I guess I'll go ahead and tell ya... I ported my upper intake as best possible and cleaned up the upper to lower intake gasket... I think it helped... ;).... rick was in on this and so was Steve... Gotchya buddy!!!!
:tongue2:....:tongue2:...:tongue2:...:bigthumb

Not as good as the nos.lol

The Flamer was on its way to a low 90 maybe 80's if you would not have put that oil on the track...Ha Ha...(the video is up so if you watch the rear end at about the 1/8 you can see the wiggle) I had you all the way untill then.

I might just take the a/c off, tubular k-member, coil-overs, adjustable struts....nah...I can still get ya without doing that stuff He he.

12seclx
09-14-2009, 02:40 PM
I might just take the a/c off, tubular k-member, coil-overs, adjustable struts....nah...I can still get ya without doing that stuff He he.

That would be neat to see what you would gain...

Then, perhaps, (for giggles), put a stock cam in and an unported intake.

wednes. night should shed some light on what potential the car has...
there was .003 difference at the 1/8th and you had me by .011 on the 60'...
for me to still be running the belt/street pulley and no ice, I was shocked... doubt I'll get you but it'll be a little closer than the Flamer expects next time.... ;)....:D

kennebellcobra
09-14-2009, 03:00 PM
That would be neat to see what you would gain...

Then, perhaps, (for giggles), put a stock cam in and an unported intake.

wednes. night should shed some light on what potential the car has...
there was .003 difference at the 1/8th and you had me by .011 on the 60'...
for me to still be running the belt/street pulley and no ice, I was shocked... doubt I'll get you but it'll be a little closer than the Flamer expects next time.... ;)....:D

I'll put your stock cam in;)

You usually beat me to the 1/8 and I start pulling on top...wouldn't do you any good to pull the belt you don't have anything running but a stock alternator with a 1.5" crank pulley:tongue2::D

331TwistedWedge
09-14-2009, 09:02 PM
if i have to drive my damn car to work, i will do so ~ that way i can race ... this sucks watching every friday night :( i need to get out by 5:30-6:00 so i can run ... this weather rocks and im missing it ...

12seclx
09-15-2009, 01:18 PM
I'll put your stock cam in;)

You usually beat me to the 1/8 and I start pulling on top...wouldn't do you any good to pull the belt you don't have anything running but a stock alternator with a 1.5" crank pulley:tongue2::D

well, i don't see how one stock cam has a "special" advantage over another stock one...your talking thousandths... but, if you want to really try it.. We will do it... then slide your cam in my car... ;)

and keep in mind that i was running my 4" crank pulley that night.. swapping to the 3" on the dyno was a gain of 3.5hp and pulling the belt was an additional 3hp... usually gain .03 of ET with swappin' the pulley out... I'm sure it would gain another .03 of et with no belt...

ahh, but what do I know...? there's hundreds of cars out there with the heads never lifted, going 11's N/A... right? or, wait, wait, I forgot.. I got a K-member... :lol::lol::lol: that's like half a second gain right there... :D

just razzin' all ya'll... in all seriousness though.. there's a reason why you guys run cams.... the gains to be had are significant.. don't mean to sound like a dick or anything... it's just funny to me when I do something or set the bar a little higher... then, I hear, "oh, you should.... you got this and that..".. well, if what I have is such an advantage.. then why don't everybody go to the junkyard... buy their $650 engine, slap a set of springs on it and rockers, sell off there ported heads or $1000 heads, sell the $100 camshaft and get a FREE stock one like I did... then put their money towards a k-member and a-arms, lightweight wheels and run 11.50?

Steves LX
09-15-2009, 04:23 PM
well, i don't see how one stock cam has a "special" advantage over another stock one...your talking thousandths... but, if you want to really try it.. We will do it... then slide your cam in my car... ;)

and keep in mind that i was running my 4" crank pulley that night.. swapping to the 3" on the dyno was a gain of 3.5hp and pulling the belt was an additional 3hp... usually gain .03 of ET with swappin' the pulley out... I'm sure it would gain another .03 of et with no belt...

ahh, but what do I know...? there's hundreds of cars out there with the heads never lifted, going 11's N/A... right? or, wait, wait, I forgot.. I got a K-member... :lol::lol::lol: that's like half a second gain right there... :D

just razzin' all ya'll... in all seriousness though.. there's a reason why you guys run cams.... the gains to be had are significant.. don't mean to sound like a dick or anything... it's just funny to me when I do something or set the bar a little higher... then, I hear, "oh, you should.... you got this and that..".. well, if what I have is such an advantage.. then why don't everybody go to the junkyard... buy their $650 engine, slap a set of springs on it and rockers, sell off there ported heads or $1000 heads, sell the $100 camshaft and get a FREE stock one like I did... then put their money towards a k-member and a-arms, lightweight wheels and run 11.50?

Whoaaaaaaaa... settle down there grasshopper!!! Geeesh you sound like a woman in labor!!! Just take a deep breath and relax for a second. Everything will come out alright. But yeah when the light drops and the bullshit stops you redlit against me! Ohh snap he just didn't! But yeah I will admit you did run faster than me and my hats off to you.

12seclx
09-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Whoaaaaaaaa... settle down there grasshopper!!! Geeesh you sound like a woman in labor!!! Just take a deep breath and relax for a second. Everything will come out alright. But yeah when the light drops and the bullshit stops you redlit against me! Ohh snap he just didn't! But yeah I will admit you did run faster than me and my hats off to you.

Kiss my $ss Buddy!:lol:.....:tongue2:

Sorry about the redlight... I rolled deeper in than I wanted... didn't want to bump in and take forever and hold you up.. but, you going down this Friday? we can do it again!?:bigthumb

Steves LX
09-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Kiss my $ss Buddy!:lol:.....:tongue2:

Sorry about the redlight... I rolled deeper in than I wanted... didn't want to bump in and take forever and hold you up.. but, you going down this Friday? we can do it again!?:bigthumb

Yeah I say that to my wife all the time when she says your touching my tonsils. But yeah we can go again this Friday and I'll still whip your a$$. So put that in your bowl and smoke it bitch!!!:lol:

kennebellcobra
09-15-2009, 07:37 PM

I bow to the Mustang Master Curt...teach me O great one:booty::tongue2::lol:

12seclx
09-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Yeah I say that to my wife all the time when she says your touching my tonsils. But yeah we can go again this Friday and I'll still whip your a$$. So put that in your bowl and smoke it bitch!!!:lol:

:lol:...:lol:.:lol:...:lol:

I don't think you'll be able to pull .250 better light than me...
which is what you would need to "whip my a$$"... :bigthumb
(11.98 to 12.23).....

well, I guess I could lower the shift point to 5,000 and that should produce similar ET's to knight rider... :cool2:.............:chug:

12seclx
09-15-2009, 07:59 PM
I bow to the Mustang Master Curt...teach me O great one:booty::tongue2::lol:

:lol::lol:

had you left the belt on the Flamer like you texted me... I would've been well on my way to teachin' you.....:tongue2:

Never claimed to be a mustang master....

I've been running the numbers... and it doesn't add up.... There's no way I should be running with you and steve... I'm almost 30hp lower and only 150-175 lbs. lighter... It would be real interesting to do engine work to pick up and make the same power, and then add the weight and see what happens...

I think the grandma and grandpa that owned the Mountaineer I got this motor out of had some lightweight pistons and a little stroker crank installed... :lol:

kennebellcobra
09-15-2009, 08:11 PM

had you left the belt on the Flamer like you texted me... I would've been well on my way to teachin' you.....:tongue2:

I've been running the numbers... and it doesn't add up.... There's no way I should be running with you and steve... I'm almost 30hp lower and only 150-175 lbs. lighter... It would be real interesting to do engine work to pick up and make the same power, and then add the weight and see what happens...

I think the grandma and grandpa that owned the Mountaineer I got this motor out of had some lightweight pistons and a little stroker crank installed... :lol:

We know the difference putting a 180lbs in the back makes;)

Stangman
09-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Shannon......

put a stick shift in the Cobra... :D

Steves LX
09-16-2009, 09:09 AM

Well then buddy reveal what your hiding from us. You are close to 300 lbs lighter than me. Not to mention I am losing quite a bit of power thru my 3550 trans as well. Not making excuses just stating the facts. I think once I get the suspension figured out again and the DA drops I will get my 11 on motor. That is if my blow by's not any worse by then. I've noticed the past few times at the track and yestarday on my way to work that the car is missing here and there. So when I parked yestarday at work I popped the hood and I had oil all over my valve cover on the passenger side where that little breather is. That breather was soaked in oil. So I decided to check my power pipe as well. The pipe and the opening of my throttle body looked like someone dumped a half a quart of oil in there. I opened up the TB plate and you could see the puddles of oil getting into the intake tracks. My air filter on the end of my mass air was soaked in oil as well. I know I wish these BBK valve covers had a baffle on them where the oil spout is. I know it wont solve the issue but it will certainly help it. So I am guessing that my miss and pop here and there is oil getting sucked down the intake and then into the air fuel mix and it's disrupting the combustion process when the plug fires. My spark plugs are always soaked with oil when I pull them. But hey the car runs it's # and it's deadly consistent.

kennebellcobra
09-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Shannon......

put a stick shift in the Cobra... :D

What I should do is take the suspention off the Cobra and put it on the Flamer:cool1:

kennebellcobra
09-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Well then buddy reveal what your hiding from us. You are close to 300 lbs lighter than me.

He's only a 150 lbs lighter:rolleyes:

Stangman
09-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Steve... just take a poop before you race Curt next time LOL

12seclx
09-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Not to mention I am losing quite a bit of power thru my 3550 trans as well. Not making excuses just stating the facts.

I told you to get a built T-5..... :coo1:

12seclx
09-16-2009, 05:33 PM
What I should do is take the suspension off the Cobra and put it on the Flamer:cool1:

hell yea! bout time.... then pull out the motor you have and do what I did... lay down 290-295hp at the tires.. slap on some 8.5" tires... get your weight at 3,100 and drive that bee-yotch to the track!....:punch:

you and steve got race cars all of a sudden!!:tongue2:...........:bigthumb

It's kinda cool though to be thumpin' at the track and pass the cars on the trailers on the way home... and think to yourself... "I just pulled 3 gears and handed him ass at the track, now I'm buzzin' down 74 and pullin' in 22 mpg."

:pump:.......:boxing:.... :dummy:.......:rofl:..........

and lastly..... :sukit:

kennebellcobra
09-16-2009, 06:11 PM
hell yea! bout time.... then pull out the motor you have and do what I did... lay down 290-295hp at the tires.. slap on some 8.5" tires... get your weight at 3,100 and drive that bee-yotch to the track!....:punch:

you and steve got race cars all of a sudden!!:tongue2:...........:bigthumb

It's kinda cool though to be thumpin' at the track and pass the cars on the trailers on the way home... and think to yourself... "I just pulled 3 gears and handed him ass at the track, now I'm buzzin' down 74 and pullin' in 22 mpg."

:pump:.......:boxing:.... :dummy:.......:rofl:..........

and lastly..... :sukit:

You are the GREATEST!!!!!!:cool1:

12seclx
09-16-2009, 10:45 PM
You are the GREATEST!!!!!!:cool1:

Wait a minute.... how can I be the greatest when you have the fastest kennebell pushrod motor on the planet?:cool1:

I'm cornfused.... :confused:............:lol:

331TwistedWedge
09-16-2009, 11:00 PM
i dont know about you guys, but im driving my car straight from work, going straight from the tech to the staging lanes :lol: 30lbs in my slicks, car hot as hell and busting them off :lol:

i use to do that 10 years ago :lol:

Steves LX
09-17-2009, 12:46 AM
I use to drive mine to the track as well until I started breaking stuff. Four times this year I would have been hitching a ride 80 miles back home. So since I trailer my race car to the track because I have brains and dont want to be stranded I guess I am now all of a sudden a sissy. But hey that's cool because if it will make you happy I will drive it to the track. But are you going to give me a ride to the house to get my truck and trailer if it breaks? And ohh by the way I hope it doesn't ever happen to you but if you ever break at the track, guess what? I will be passing you in the pits getting 14MPG in my truck with the trailer behind me on my way home!!!:) And I dont classify my car as a race car. I drive it to work all the time and everywhere else. I've driven it everyday this week and will be driving it again in the morning to work. 120 miles round trip not including everywhere I drive it throughout the day for work. I have already put 617 miles on the car this week alone and that doesn't include Thurdays drive to work yet. And then I have to drive up to Piqua tomorrow for a bid walk and yes I will be driving the car. I should put an easy 300 more miles on the car tomorrow alone. So yeah almost a 1000 miles this week alone. So until I can no longer drive it on the street, gut the interior out of it and cancel the insurance and plates on the car it is still a damn street car!!! I call it using my head to trailer it to the track not a damn race car. I've had enough with this childish bickering and BS and I am done. I have no more to say and if you dont like it I have two words for you, SUCK IT!

rush88GT
09-17-2009, 07:40 AM
I have to ask what times you guys are running? Me and Curt are pretty much a heads up race at UMTR.

Steves LX
09-17-2009, 07:46 AM
I have to ask what times you guys are running? Me and Curt are pretty much a heads up race at UMTR.

12.00's-12.20's for me dependent upon air

12seclx
09-17-2009, 12:48 PM
12.00's-12.20's for me dependent upon air

hmmm.. 12.00's....? :nono: maybe with the 4.10 gear in it and when the blow-by wasn't as bad... :tongue2: with the 3.73's.. maybe,, just maybe, it'll go 12.19 tomorrow night... :rockon:

12seclx
09-17-2009, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=Steves LX;503479But are you going to give me a ride to the house to get my truck and trailer if it breaks?[/QUOTE]

Yep! :wave:

12seclx
09-17-2009, 12:54 PM
i dont know about you guys, but im driving my car straight from work, going straight from the tech to the staging lanes :lol: 30lbs in my slicks, car hot as hell and busting them off :lol:

i use to do that 10 years ago :lol:

hell yes!

drive that thing to the track... don't be a sissy and haul it like it's a Camaro or Dart....:eek:......:D

Steves LX
09-17-2009, 01:14 PM
hmmm.. 12.00's....? :nono: maybe with the 4.10 gear in it and when the blow-by wasn't as bad... :tongue2: with the 3.73's.. maybe,, just maybe, it'll go 12.19 tomorrow night... :rockon:

nope I was running 12.00's with the 3.73 gear still in the car back in June. But yeah my blow by wasn't that bad then. But yeah I have a truck and a trailer and I have my A/C in my truck and the comfort and I use it. The wife can't handle the car to much either with her back. That's one less thing I have to hear as well. Her gripeing at me about the seats in the car.

Steves LX
09-17-2009, 02:43 PM
What happen to the professionalism and showmanship of Dirty Dick Racing? Were on here trashing each other over stupid stuff. How about we pick our "stuff" up out of the dirt and act like men and go out and kick some North racers a$$ at the last UMTR!!! Starting with Jeremy with the neon!

rush88GT
09-17-2009, 03:25 PM
What happen to the professionalism and showmanship of Dirty Dick Racing? Were on here trashing each other over stupid stuff. How about we pick our "stuff" up out of the dirt and act like men and go out and kick some North racers a$$ at the last UMTR!!! Starting with Jeremy with the neon!

Sick Curt on him!!! :evilgrin:

I'll be at E20 tomorrow.

Stangman
09-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Hey Curt... your mountaineer engine does have lighter pistons in it!!

Explorer/mountaineer pistons were hyperuetectic not forged!!

And the Rods are different casting numbers compared to mustang 5.0's with a casting number of C8oe or something of that nature... Explorer/mountaineer rod casting numbers were something along the lines of F3te or something...

So...

Maybe your rotating assembly IS lighter :D

12seclx
09-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Sick Curt on him!!! :evilgrin:

I'll be at E20 tomorrow.

Hey! Thanks Matt!:coo1:... but I was thinkin' I'd run you 1st round... :lol:... just messin with ya!:bigthumb

I took the neon out at last years event... I don't think Steve or Shannon wanna go get him..:rolleyes:. they leave the "dirty" part up to me... :D... but, since steve "tree'd" me last weekend.. I think he should be nominated...:eek:... time to see what your made of big guy...... :D....;)

I'll be down tomorrow night too... Last weekend sucked... right lane was slippery so I ran in the left lane all night... HOPEfully, I can run in the right lane all night this weekend...

12seclx
09-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Hey Curt... your mountaineer engine does have lighter pistons in it!!

Explorer/mountaineer pistons were hyperuetectic not forged!!

Ha! Ha! I guess this means bruno will have hyper pistons....?

What happened to all the "hoopla" about forged pistons being so great?

I guess it took the "Greatest" to show that the hyper pistons aren't too bad after all.., ehhh? ......:D.......:coo1:

I told Steve last year I had a hunch that there was something special about these engines... and go figure.. I was right.. I tried to tell him to do the same thing but you know... there are billy goats out there that no matter how many times you lead them to the water... they won't drink it....:lol:

I think after kennebell puts the "no belt" Flamer in the 10's on the shot, Steve will see the light, champagne will fall from the heavens, and he will finally drink the water and buy a budget engine... :tongue2::tongue2:.....:bigthumb

Stangman
09-17-2009, 04:04 PM
right lane was slippery so I ran in the left lane all night...

I wonder if that was my doing... with my 1/8th mile burnout in the lincoln?

12seclx
09-17-2009, 04:11 PM
I wonder if that was my doing... with my 1/8th mile burnout in the lincoln?

probably was... :)

you get the Magnaflows on yet? I wanna hear a rumble and not no south central cackle.... better yet, get a super turbo catback.... :D

Stangman
09-17-2009, 04:12 PM
probably was... :)

you get the Magnaflows on yet? I wanna hear a rumble and not no south central cackle.... better yet, get a super turbo catback.... :D

Hell no, that takes money... money that I'd rather put elsewhere first! like a future UMTR racecar :D

Stangman
09-17-2009, 04:15 PM

I guess it took the "Greatest" to show that the hyper pistons aren't too bad after all.., ehhh? ......:D.......:coo1:

I told Steve last year I had a hunch that there was something special about these engines... and go figure.. I was right.. I tried to tell him to do the same thing but you know... there are billy goats out there that no matter how many times you lead them to the water... they won't drink it....:lol:

I think after kennebell puts the "no belt" Flamer in the 10's on the shot, Steve will see the light, champagne will fall from the heavens, and he will finally drink the water and buy a budget engine... :tongue2::tongue2:.....:bigthumb

ACtually Steve does have a budget engine... in the wife's car :lol:

As far as bruno... I have no idea what kind of rotating assembly is in it... I bought the block and dont plan on taking it apart. All I know is it's a mid 70's block, with 1970 heads and a pretty awesome cam. The rest is a mystery there buddy:D

12seclx
09-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Hell no, that takes money... money that I'd rather put elsewhere first! like a future UMTR racecar :D

oh come on, you're rollin' in money...

You've got 5 projects in your sig.... :cool1:

you can run the "bullet" at the next umtr race if ya want....
it went 18.584 and 18.584 with no shift light, no 2 step, and street tires... it's just hard to get used to pullin' a light with it.. no torque...

Steves LX
09-17-2009, 04:20 PM

Listen here Jack I went your route and I was running 12.60's last year and the year before. So I tried a different route. I have a goal set to get 11's NA and it probably wont happen this year with the compression loss that I have. However I accomplished my biggest goal that I have been chasing for 4 years now and that was my 10 second timeslip. I guess I now have 9 10 second passes with the car and I couldn't be happier. But I had to give up my old combo to achieve that and unfortunately until I get my blow by fixed and wind the motor pass 6000 RPM's with the bigger heads and intake I dont think 11's are going to happen. But that's the whole reason why I went to the AFR 185's,stage 2 cam and Track Heat intake. Because I was stuck on 11.20 all last year and this year with the stage 1 cam, GT40 heads, and Street Heat intake. As soon as I did the swap I went straight to Kil Kare and ran a 10.79@123MPH and then backed it up with another 10.79@126MPH. And then went to Indy and ran two 10.79's at 128 and 131MPH. And I ran some 10.80's there as well at 129MPH and went back to Edgewater and sprayed it 4 more times with another 10.79 and 10.80 and two 10.81's. All these passes were with 1.67-1.79 60's but hey coming out of the hole on a 200 shot on a 26X8.5 tire what do you expect. A 28" tire and a 1.35-1.45 60' and I think the car is running low 10's easy. But hey I enjoy my 12 second car and loddy frickin doddy.

Stangman
09-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Holy technical specific rant Batman!

:lol:

Stangman
09-17-2009, 04:26 PM
oh come on, you're rollin' in money...

You've got 5 projects in your sig.... :cool1:

you can run the "bullet" at the next umtr race if ya want....
it went 18.584 and 18.584 with no shift light, no 2 step, and street tires... it's just hard to get used to pullin' a light with it.. no torque...

So... basically leave on the first yellow? :lol:

And as far as rolling in money? noooo you got that all wrong my friend... I just know when I cant pass up a good deal...

You oughta know me by now... I buy USED parts :evilgrin:

12seclx
09-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Listen here Jack............ But hey I enjoy my 12 second car and loddy frickin doddy.

LMAO!!!! that's too much to handle in 1 post... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:D...:rockon:....:rockon:.....:bounce:

listen here Jack!... :bigthumb

12seclx
09-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Holy technical specific rant Batman!

:lol:

x 2... I was wanting to say... "you sound like a woman... just take a minute and breathe, relax... everything will be alright"......:lol:....:yup:......:rofl:

now the question is... did he remember all that technical information or did he pull out his timeslips..... :cool1:

Steves LX
09-17-2009, 04:38 PM
x 2... I was wanting to say... "you sound like a woman... just take a minute and breathe, relax... everything will be alright"......:lol:....:yup:......:rofl:

now the question is... did he remember all that technical information or did he pull out his timeslips..... :cool1:

I remember all my 10's. The first time you do it it's like sex the first time, woohoo!! :bounce: Now it's like hitting a cougar... old news and like watching paint dry!:rofl:

12seclx
09-17-2009, 04:44 PM
I remember all my 10's. The first time you do it it's like sex the first time, woohoo!! :bounce: Now it's like hitting a cougar... old news and like watching paint dry!:rofl:

the cougar you found must of been depressed or something then... :eek:..:lol:... or maybe she was just disappointed with what was on display.....?:D:D.......:)

Steves LX
09-17-2009, 04:49 PM
the cougar you found must of been depressed or something then... :eek:..:lol:... or maybe she was just disappointed with what was on display.....?:D:D.......:)

No she ran when she saw the 13 inch ruby red lip smackin, gut bustin, throat stabbin, a$$ splittin blue vein throbber!

12seclx
09-17-2009, 04:53 PM
No she ran when she saw the 13 inch ruby red lip smackin, gut bustin, throat stabbin, a$$ splittin blue vein throbber!

LOL!

throat stabbin'... that's great!

rhino c*ck that shit!:lol:.............:cool2:

Ask Ricky about that little comment.. He sent that to his real-estate lady!!!!!!!!!

Steves LX
09-17-2009, 04:53 PM
:squirt: Beat it like a circus monkey

rush88GT
09-17-2009, 05:35 PM

:rofl: That's funny!!!!

Between the cars we should have some great heads up races.

331TwistedWedge
09-17-2009, 09:11 PM
car has gas in it, slicks aired up to 35lbs :lol: im ready to roll ... its been 2 years since i've seen a friday night test n tune at E20 ... im kind of excited ... cya down there ...

331TwistedWedge
09-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Ask Ricky about that little comment.. He sent that to his real-estate lady!!!!!!!!!

well curt and cindy "the real estate lady's" phone numbers are in alphabetical order, right next to each other in the cell ... i sent this 50+ year old lady a text message saying, "rhino c0ck" that shit" :lol: ... i was embarrassed :o

kennebellcobra
09-17-2009, 09:18 PM
car has gas in it, slicks aired up to 35lbs :lol: im ready to roll ... its been 2 years since i've seen a friday night test n tune at E20 ... im kind of excited ... cya down there ...

:bigthumb You driving it to work just in case? Just read your pm so never mind.lol

331TwistedWedge
09-19-2009, 09:52 AM
had a good time, even though i didnt run any good times ... :lol: ... i dont care, its about getting out of the house and hanging with friends :bigthumb

im convinced the 3 year old slicks are shot ... 1.689-1.72 60 ft's all night ... not sure how i got an 11.67 with that 1.72 60 ft :confused: the 118.51 mph at the end was nice ... probably right at 1000 ft of air ...

good times though :bigthumb

shannon keep tweaking, you will find that old tune again ...

95turbocharged
09-19-2009, 04:56 PM
I think he may have tweeked to much!!! Lol

kennebellcobra
09-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Yea...I made way to many changes and the motor won't stay put...the driveshaft angle at the trans looks like 5 degrees left to right. Lol I am going to put it back the way it was... bite the bullet and get some good mounts.

Stangman
09-19-2009, 09:42 PM
I had a good time down there... still can't get my 14.90 :lol:

kennebellcobra
09-19-2009, 09:54 PM
I had a good time down there... still can't get my 14.90 :lol:

Spray it Jesse.Lol