PDA

View Full Version : 91 Fox wheel questions

gideeup
09-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Need some help determining what will work on my 91 GT.

The car is a wkend cruiser, won't see a lot of track time, so I'm looking for a streetable set-up.

Background, I have done a 5 lug Cobra axles & Brakes conversion. I have a fully adjustable suspension, she's dropped about 1 & 1/4 inches from stock.

I realize I can get custom wheels with specific off-sets but am trying to determine what aftermarket options are available besides custom whls. I have looked at HRE, Forgeline & Boze. There nice but pricey.

I currently have 18" X 9" (275 x 35 tires) 03 Cobra's on the rear from my other car and they are rubbing on the outer fender when I hit bumps. (its temporary). It appears to me 18" may be too large and 17" will work better.

I want to put wide tires on the rear , but don't want to have them rubbing. I can remove the quad shocks as I have Steeda Upper & lower control arms.

can I get 03 cobra rims that will work from aftermkt supplier that are wide ?

I don't want Cobra R or FR500 or bullits. I want something unique but not super flashy. I do like 03 Cobra whls........I actually want a silver whl with a polised lip. The car is dark Red. (factory 91 color)

open to suggestions............

2nd question is what are the limits on the front tires ,,,,,,,8" or 9".

I want to have as wide as possible on the rear w/out rub issues and the front does not have to be wide just looking good. not skinnies

thanks derek