PDA

View Full Version : Beggers!!!! WTF?

DeckerEnt
09-16-2009, 11:21 AM
I was working downtown today. 12th and vine on vine street. I cleaned 2 condos. As I was finishing up packing all my hoses away, this guy walks up to me and asks if I worked for Decker. I said yes, can I help you? I was nice as can be. Now this guy was black, no problem there, new shoes, new cloths, nice hat, didn't look homeless or anything like that. He pulls his wallet out and shows me his driver's licence. Then he goes into his story about having to take the bus everywhere and needed bus fare. At this point I gave him the same answer I give everyone, I don't carry any cash. Most of the time, they go away. This guy didn't. He started cussing me up one side and down the other. F you, mother Fr, SOB, he even leaned in on me, looked me straight in the eye and said Fag. He was lucky I didn't have my pistol on me. He would seen the business end of a .45 right between the eyes. I just said I am sorry I don't carry cash again and turned to walk away. He was still cussing me out as he walked down the street.
I was not scared when he walked up to me, and wasn't scared when he was cussing me out. I am pissed beyond belief.
And the people downtown can't understand why their city is going to hell in a handbasket.
End rant!!!!!!!

95redstang
09-16-2009, 11:30 AM
What do you need a pistol for? You should have just cracked his ass in the damn nose. I deal with those idiots all the time driving the limos and party busses downtown. I had one that tried to come in the door so he could check out the bus, It's different if they ask to check it out. You just dont barge into somebodies vehicle. I grabbed him by his damn face and pushed his ass right back out. You have to be stern with them. They get on my freakin nerves. They think because I am driving a $100,000-$200,000 vehicle I have money. I don't carry jack except my DOT card, liscense, credit card and thats it.

1992MustangDW
09-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Has anyone seen the guy on the beechmont exit with the dog, that guy gets dropped off in a brand new truck. Gets out and puts a shitty shirt over his good one. and crappy cargo shirts. His signs very's from I need to feed my dog, or I need money to eat.

well I was sitting at that light. seen him get out of a brand new truck, Look over and he was changing. I looked at him and asked him if he was serious. He looked at me and said I bet I make more money than you just sitting here. I was like wtf.

cstreu1026
09-16-2009, 12:08 PM
I worked downtown for a little more than 9 years. I use to see a couple of the same guys all the time. One day I running an errand for the store and I see 1 of the regulars and something caught my eye. He was wearing a $100+ pair of Nike shoes. I just shook my head in disbelief.

When my wife and I were dating we had one guy follow us in to a parking garage near the Arronoff while giving us his sob story. I just shrugged it off but it really bothered my wife.

And I suppose this will teach you not to leave your gun at home when working on the edge of OTR.

89notch
09-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Why would you not have your pistol? You know better than taht :lol: I even carry my pistol when I ride my motorcycle :lol: Chances are if your talking to me face to face I have my .40 on my person somewhere :lol:

2Kblacksleeper
09-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Has anyone seen the guy on the beechmont exit with the dog, that guy gets dropped off in a brand new truck. Gets out and puts a shitty shirt over his good one. and crappy cargo shirts. His signs very's from I need to feed my dog, or I need money to eat.

well I was sitting at that light. seen him get out of a brand new truck, Look over and he was changing. I looked at him and asked him if he was serious. He looked at me and said I bet I make more money than you just sitting here. I was like wtf.

I noticed that guy 2 days in a row. Then on the 3rd day there was a woman there.

Its the douch bags like that that make me not give a cent to anyone. You just cant tell who really is in dispair. That and i dont really carry cash either. My Glock or 45. stay close though.

John

Pitbull1052
09-16-2009, 12:34 PM
I work downtown also 4th and Sycamore.... and I see alot of these guys too... I work with a guy and I don't know if anyone read the story last week but this was down buy the court house.. two bums jumped him and one stabbed him in the back he chased after him and a coworker stopped him as he was bleeding pretty bad... some of these guys are no joke and would kill you over a dollar.. but there is one guy he's an older black guy not that that matter but he goes by Pokey he's a super good dude will never ask for a thing and is always upbeat says hi and what not and he loves Mustangs!!!! he calls my stang his stang lol everyday for almost a year I'd light em up for him right on sycamore he always got the biggest kick out of it and cheered me on... lol couldnt help but to brightn his day... he always sits on the bridge as if you're going to the reds game or the Bengals........ he's got a lot of medical issues not saying you should just give money but this guy is one I don't mind giving a dollar or hell I've been to Montgomery Inn for lunch and given him the rest of ribs usually a half rack almost and you'll see him eating he's not the typical bum........ but for sure I wouldnt jack with some of these people.... they're hard up and have nothing to loose......... and when people have nothing to loose they'll do just about anything..... sorry to jack your thread.... I would have been pissed too like wtf get your ass out there and work just like I do

ADaughen
09-16-2009, 04:55 PM
I was not scared when he walked up to me, and wasn't scared when he was cussing me out. I am pissed beyond belief.

Fear of bodily harm is the only reason you're supposed to pull iron. But you stated here, you didn't have a reason to.

Please be careful about stating/doing such in the future as it can lead to legal issues.

Waffles
09-16-2009, 04:58 PM
I was working downtown today. 12th and vine on vine street. I cleaned 2 condos. As I was finishing up packing all my hoses away, this guy walks up to me and asks if I worked for Decker. I said yes, can I help you? I was nice as can be. Now this guy was black, no problem there, new shoes, new cloths, nice hat, didn't look homeless or anything like that. He pulls his wallet out and shows me his driver's licence. Then he goes into his story about having to take the bus everywhere and needed bus fare. At this point I gave him the same answer I give everyone, I don't carry any cash. Most of the time, they go away. This guy didn't. He started cussing me up one side and down the other. F you, mother Fr, SOB, he even leaned in on me, looked me straight in the eye and said Fag. He was lucky I didn't have my pistol on me. He would seen the business end of a .45 right between the eyes. I just said I am sorry I don't carry cash again and turned to walk away. He was still cussing me out as he walked down the street.
And the people downtown can't understand why their city is going to hell in a handbasket.
End rant!!!!!!!

Racist.

Waffles
09-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Sorry, I just wanted to see what it was like to be a liberal for a minute.

306Power
09-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Sorry, I just wanted to see what it was like to be a liberal for a minute.

??? Like being a Liberal would mean you automatically assume thats racist? Seems your a bit prejudice yourself against liberals my friend.

Blackpony
09-16-2009, 05:31 PM
what an a$$hole. i would have knocked him right on his a$$

sean
09-16-2009, 07:29 PM
I have seen a few on the exit ramps out here in MASON???? Over by the tylersville exit? Theres no homeless over here. They dont walk around the meijer lot asking for money. What the hell. There are some areas that arent perfect but by far no where around there is a place for the homeless to sleep or whatever. To many shady ass people. I am to the point now where they can all kiss my ass.

Waffles
09-16-2009, 08:31 PM
??? Like being a Liberal would mean you automatically assume thats racist? Seems your a bit prejudice yourself against liberals my friend.

Yep. Ugh, I can't just post "Yep" because it says the post is too short.

306Power
09-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Just sounds a bit hypocritical to me, not trying to start an argument or anything.

DeckerEnt
09-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Come on guys. This is my thread. Don't turn this political or anything like that.

R825OH
09-16-2009, 08:48 PM
I was down there working today too. Luckily for me I was aable to pull inside and not deal with the hookers and beggars:)

Black Horse
09-16-2009, 09:25 PM
I agree that there are a few folk that are using the "homeless" angle to make a few bucks. The agressive or exit ramp mentality get zero response from me.

But on the other hand there is a significant amount of folks in OTR and elsewhere that need help. I have a monthly opportunity to serve in the soup kitchen at OTR or Walnut Hills. While there are a few that come through that really shouldn't be there, the number that come through that really, really need that meal is mindnumbing. I always walk out of there with a different attitude.

If any one of you would like to join in, let me know, I'll be sure to get you involved!

And on the subject about Mason - you would be surprised how many folks in Mason and West Chester are trying to live at the below poverty level. Our church has a hard time keeping our supply shelves stocked with bare necessities to help our neighbors. A roll of toilet paper, some toothpaste and a couple cans of soup may seem like nothing to you, but to some of the families, its means they can survive another week. On family came in with a small child, we went out and bought her the needed school supplies for her year and you would have thought you gave her a million dollars.

Its humbling to know I have so much and others have so little, and that it what makes me so mad when others use the image to gain to support their drug habits or whatever.

One time I had a guy ask me for a buck to buy a coffee, I denied, drove away, felt bad, picked him up a McDonalds coffee and took it back to him. He threw it at me. Such a dillema.

mach_u
09-16-2009, 10:01 PM
I agree that there are a few folk that are using the "homeless" angle to make a few bucks. The agressive or exit ramp mentality get zero response from me.

But on the other hand there is a significant amount of folks in OTR and elsewhere that need help. I have a monthly opportunity to serve in the soup kitchen at OTR or Walnut Hills. While there are a few that come through that really shouldn't be there, the number that come through that really, really need that meal is mindnumbing. I always walk out of there with a different attitude.

If any one of you would like to join in, let me know, I'll be sure to get you involved!

And on the subject about Mason - you would be surprised how many folks in Mason and West Chester are trying to live at the below poverty level. Our church has a hard time keeping our supply shelves stocked with bare necessities to help our neighbors. A roll of toilet paper, some toothpaste and a couple cans of soup may seem like nothing to you, but to some of the families, its means they can survive another week. On family came in with a small child, we went out and bought her the needed school supplies for her year and you would have thought you gave her a million dollars.

Its humbling to know I have so much and others have so little, and that it what makes me so mad when others use the image to gain to support their drug habits or whatever.

One time I had a guy ask me for a buck to buy a coffee, I denied, drove away, felt bad, picked him up a McDonalds coffee and took it back to him. He threw it at me. Such a dillema.
Dave, I know Rachel and I would be down to help. Let us know when you could use us. :bigthumb

Mista Bone
09-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Dave, it is quite humbling, I've served several Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners to the needy. The experience was a great help when I ended up losing my job/house. You find out what you really don't need to get by.

mustang8998
09-16-2009, 10:51 PM

This is the reason, I will never offer money!

If the person is truly hungry, they will accept food. Most won't. Offer to give them some work, for compensation, most will refuse.

I know there are underlying problems, with the truly homeless and it sucks that there are people who take advantage of it. It is sometimes hard to gauge that.

sean
09-16-2009, 11:03 PM
I totally agree there is suffering in all areas. What I meant was the sign reads homeless and will work for food or the most recent was homeless single mom (standing by herself) need money for daipers. My point was I am out all hours of the day and night. There are no homless people sleeping in parks or any where near the begging sites. I know it exists, and I wish it didnt. There are just none getting woke up by the police around here sleeping on a bench.
I will say this. I have a very poor attitude tward the otr people and working in a serving line would prob do me some good.

thecollector
09-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Kindofa side note but has anyone ever seen the South Park episode dealing with homeless- It's Fing hilarious.

I will never, ever, ever, give anyone money under any circumstances. I have only ever been able to give actual food or groceries to two "homeless" people. I purchased lunch meat, cheese and bread for single mom in Hartwell. When I lived in Clifton I gave a guy a left over pizza and hoagie on Calhoun St. He sat down and ate both right there. Other those two instances noone has ever accepted a pack of lance crackers from the console of my truck or any groceries from me at the grocery store or exit ramps. You had better damn believe if i was hungry enough to hold I sign at an exit ramp I would sure as hell devour a pack of peanut butter crackers;)

Mista Bone
09-17-2009, 01:07 AM
Fed a guy in Detroit two Coney's, you could tell he was truly hungry when I asked what he wanted on them and said it didn't matter, he just needed something to eat.

He got the works :)

NXcoupe
09-19-2009, 02:55 PM
I had something happen to me right in front of my house. I had only lived there for about a year or so, and the neighborhood was still really, well not safe. I was loading my black lx hatch up to go to FFW Norwalk, and I had ibstrokin coming over to meet me or I was getting him, can't remember, but I was walking in and out carrying coolers, chairs, you know, show stuff, out to my car and then back in. This African-American guy is standing watching me, so I said Hi!, my mistake. So he asks me is this my car, and I'm thinking, no, I'm stealing shit from this house and already got the car out of the garage, so I said, yeah, it's mine. He says, wow, that's a nice car. I said thanks and went back inside to get the rest of my things, well he's still standing there and after living in Clifton for two years, I knew what was coming. He says, can I get a couple of bucks for some food? I said, sorry, I don't give out money. He starts yelling at me saying all kinds of stupid stuff and finally says, you just hate me because I'm black, to which I replied, no, I just hate people I don't know asking me for money. He just shut up and walked away. I couldn't believe it, but it must have struck a nerve with him or something. He lived like 4 doors up in some sort of a group home. I think it was a halfway house for druggies or something, not sure. But I know how you feel Decker, that is some wild shit. People get mad because you are doing something with your life and they can't have the same things and do what they do for a living. Glad you were ok.