PDA

View Full Version : Running of the Dozen?

Jeff88coupe
09-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Well it's almost that time of the season again. I figure we have a few dates for running of the dirty dozen before the end of the season. The dozen list is wide open so there will be plenty of room to make the list this year. Figure we have maybe 2 dates at edgewater, 1 or 2 at tristate?

What do you guys think?

Jeff88coupe
09-28-2009, 12:21 PM
I was thinking of having the dozen run 2 or 3 times at edgewater...maybe once up at Kilkare when they go to saturdays (are they still doing that near the end of the year?). I don't think tristate is even worth trying to run at anymore till they actually do some track prep for t&t.
How's Oct. 9th sound for the first RotD? It is already going to be a SBZ night at edgewater.

k062693w
09-28-2009, 12:29 PM
We can't get the list updated, Do you think we can get an actual racing event set up ??? LOL

bbfstanger
09-28-2009, 03:56 PM
maybe if there's beer and wings then they'll want to go? lmao!

Jeff88coupe
09-28-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm pretty sure Beefcake or Maximus has control to edit the DD list...I don't.

89notch
09-28-2009, 04:19 PM
We can't get the list updated, Do you think we can get an actual racing event set up ??? LOL

I dont know if you realize how negative all of your posts sound. I think thats why they were so quick to give you the vacation the last time. I know your a nice guy but your posts online are aways negative and come off like a dick :lol:

k062693w
09-28-2009, 04:20 PM
I dont know if you realize how negative all of your posts sound. I think thats why they were so quick to give you the vacation the last time. I know your a nice guy but your posts online are aways negative and come off like a dick :lol:

Thanks !!! I resemble that remark !!! :lol:

Maximus
09-28-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm pretty sure Beefcake or Maximus has control to edit the DD list...I don't.

Dave and Terry have the power to. I do also, but I have no time nor the will to babysit it.

JASON408
09-28-2009, 06:59 PM
sound like i might need to switch some tires.

fasthawk
09-28-2009, 07:13 PM
sound like i might need to switch some tires.

I just read the rules and i dont think your car meets the requirements

Steves LX
09-29-2009, 10:46 PM
I was thinking of having the dozen run 2 or 3 times at edgewater...maybe once up at Kilkare when they go to saturdays (are they still doing that near the end of the year?). I don't think tristate is even worth trying to run at anymore till they actually do some track prep for t&t.
How's Oct. 9th sound for the first RotD? It is already going to be a SBZ night at edgewater.

Sounds like a plan too me.

beefcake
10-01-2009, 03:39 PM
i'll have some spare time tonight to go through the list and do a new database.

i'll get it all sorted out and take over updating the list

Jeff88coupe
10-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks Beef.

Steves LX
10-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Well what's the verdict on the running of the dozen? Are we going to do it next Friday during the Stangbangerz fun night or are we going to schedule it for later? I need to know so I can get out one day and get race gas and change plugs and all that good stuff and put my street tires back on so I can drive it to the track.

beefcake
10-03-2009, 08:38 AM
lets make the first running of the dozen next friday!!!!

it's official!

Steves LX
10-04-2009, 11:07 PM
lets make the first running of the dozen next friday!!!!

it's official!

So with that being said are we meeting somewhere or are we allowed to trailer the car or what's the plans on this?

Jeff88coupe
10-05-2009, 06:30 AM
So with that being said are we meeting somewhere or are we allowed to trailer the car or what's the plans on this?

You can drive it if you want....or trailer it...which ever you want. I'll be there trying to slow my car down more getting ready for the OSM race next Sunday.

cobra429boss
10-05-2009, 07:09 AM
thought DD cars had to be drove to and from track with no break, No trailor queens

Waffles
10-05-2009, 08:46 AM

You're really gonna run fast cars on the 1/4 at Kilkare????? That track is short! I've never run it, but you can see it's short. I think Ed told me it's only about 2600 feet.

cstreu1026
10-05-2009, 09:41 AM
You're really gonna run fast cars on the 1/4 at Kilkare????? That track is short! I've never run it, but you can see it's short. I think Ed told me it's only about 2600 feet.

It's definitely on the short side but I have seen Phil Hines run it out the back door at 180+ there and this year I saw an alcohol funny car make a 6 second pass at 200+ so I don't see a problem with any of the dirty dozen problem running there.

05yellowgt
10-05-2009, 10:16 AM
I've trapped 129 there in my heavy beast and haven't had an issue stopping on the stock brakes. I know some of the big boys are going to trap 15+mph higher than that, but most of those cars are 500+lbs lighter too.

beefcake
10-05-2009, 10:33 AM
thought DD cars had to be drove to and from track with no break, No trailor queens

the cars can be trailered, they have to be driven to at least one stangbangerz event , plated, insured, etc..

JASON408
10-05-2009, 12:46 PM
nothing wrong with kil kare shut down :lol: just alittle short!!! that why god invented the chute !!! better throw the landry up the if your running more than 150 out the back ... all tho i did see one formar dd car trap mid 150s early this year and stop fine with no chute !!!:eek:

Jeff88coupe
10-05-2009, 01:02 PM

Ya..it's a bit on the short side...I ran a 9.92 at 136 their last year. Bit hard the the brakes..but got it stopped ok. Almost all the cars on the DD list in the last few years have run at Kilkare at one time or another. Track hooks:bigthumb

adragon72
10-05-2009, 02:48 PM
the cars can be trailered, they have to be driven to at least one stangbangerz event , plated, insured, etc..

did the rules change? i just read them and it said meet and drive to the track this will weed out 5gal fuel cells ect...

k062693w
10-05-2009, 03:17 PM
did the rules change? i just read them and it said meet and drive to the track this will weed out 5gal fuel cells ect...

I don't believe there is anyone running for the dozen using a fuel cell :confused: I could be wrong ... :lol:

And what about the guys coming from 75-100 miles away that don't want to drive that far in their car, Or have to trailer to one spot and leave your tow vehicle, trailer there, Or depend on someone to go with you and drive it to the track for you ???

I'm all for the driving there, But it's a hassle for some to do so ... And not because their car isn't Streetable ... Just my $.02

05yellowgt
10-05-2009, 04:06 PM
I know I was nearly out of gas after filling up with E85 in Dayton, driving to Edgewater, running my car and driving back to Dayton. Nothing to do with street ability, the car didn't miss a beat besides the charge pipe not staying on, there just aren't that many E85 pumps in Cincy.

Steves LX
10-05-2009, 04:25 PM
I'll drive wherever I have too. Be it 200 miles or 2 miles on pump gas. But my Nitrous tune is tuned for race gas. And I be damned if I am driving 80 miles to the track and 80 miles back home on race gas that's gonna cost me almost 120.00.

The rules also say this as well:

So with that, I'll start the first round.
"His car isn't really a street car" is something I hear a lot. Problem is, everybody's opinion on what a true street car is will be different. As the rules sit right now, a street car is defined as having license, tags and insurance. I made it this way only to parallel the NMRA Wild Street definition. This is probably the toughest one to call so making these cars come out on the street to stay on the list will make things more fair in my opinion. This can be accomplished by requiring the cars to drive to the track at least once and/or showing up at our big cruise-ins.

JIMS SVT
10-05-2009, 04:32 PM
all tho i did see one formar dd car trap mid 150s early this year and stop fine with no chute !!!:eek:

Lol :cool2:

beefcake
10-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Lol :cool2:

get your panties out of a bunch, and run your car biotch!!!

beefcake
10-05-2009, 04:49 PM
i think ken is gonna be bringin his ride out, so that'll be another 11 sec ride out there

JIMS SVT
10-05-2009, 07:42 PM
get your panties out of a bunch, and run your car biotch!!!

Nope :flipoff: Its been out plenty this year.No reason to bring it out for a list.

beefcake
10-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Nope :flipoff: Its been out plenty this year.No reason to bring it out for a list.

gimme a break, quit being a frikin baby

whiners about being on the list, whiners about not being on the list

were a group, it's fun, lets get past all this whiny crap

bring the fing car out and run with your boys biotch!!!

JIMS SVT
10-06-2009, 05:08 AM
I dont even have a turbo kit anymore asshole.Dont worry about me.ok thanks.

adragon72
10-06-2009, 07:11 AM
ok, well personally i dont really care if you trailer your car to the track, if i didnt live close i would have the same bitch. when i first joined this site i thought no shit i want one of thoughs stickers lol, i read the rules and try to follow them its that simple.

i will see you guys there friday and lets have some fun :-))

adam

Steves LX
10-06-2009, 08:55 AM
ok, well personally i dont really care if you trailer your car to the track, if i didnt live close i would have the same bitch. when i first joined this site i thought no shit i want one of thoughs stickers lol, i read the rules and try to follow them its that simple.

i will see you guys there friday and lets have some fun :-))

adam

Dammmn, easy there killer. I was just stateing the other facts. It really don't matter to me either way. If I have to bring some gas cans down with me and pump my pump gas out of the car then I will but either way I will be there. I just hope I make it this Friday for the first outing. My boss is trying to screw up my plans right now.

beefcake
10-06-2009, 09:07 AM
I dont even have a turbo kit anymore asshole.Dont worry about me.ok thanks.

lol, shut it :)

bring something out to race ;)

adragon72
10-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Dammmn, easy there killer. I was just stateing the other facts. It really don't matter to me either way. If I have to bring some gas cans down with me and pump my pump gas out of the car then I will but either way I will be there. I just hope I make it this Friday for the first outing. My boss is trying to screw up my plans right now.

lmao

im not up set at all steve thats the tough part about post. i just want to run, i never did find out about signing up to run for the Dozen did anyone else?

Steves LX
10-06-2009, 11:27 AM
lmao

im not up set at all steve thats the tough part about post. i just want to run, i never did find out about signing up to run for the Dozen did anyone else?

I asked about that sign up sheet a couple of months ago and I was told to see Beefcake or Dave. I dont beleive there's going to be a sheet. Just let Beefcake know who you are and make your presence known to him at the track.

Maximus
10-06-2009, 12:02 PM
I dont even have a single turbo kit anymore asshole.Dont worry about me.ok thanks.

:eek:

beefcake
10-06-2009, 12:37 PM

lmao!

JIMS SVT
10-06-2009, 02:02 PM

Nice edit lol.Puttin a small block chev in it now.Big cam and stuff.

1byafender
10-06-2009, 02:26 PM

3/4 race cam or is it an RV cam? Both make good power with some double hump heads and an edelbrock! Lmao

Maximus
10-06-2009, 04:26 PM

Im glad that LSx worked out for ya.:D

JIMS SVT
10-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Im glad that LSx worked out for ya.:D

Damnit...its a tree-oh-five man.Got if off my buddies uncle out of his elchamino.

JASON408
10-06-2009, 05:34 PM
got a old a old mr gasket carb hat with the look alike blower scope in it for ya jim !!! it will work perfect with that 305. even got a old carb plate laying around so you can spray it to get it to do a burn out :bigthumb .

flyin2jz
10-18-2009, 09:16 AM
So is there a kilkare running of the dozen. I can't get to these Sunday stangbangerz events because I work on Sundays and most Saturdays. My car is on the list but like last year I will be tossed because I don't get to the events. I just don't want them to keep me on the list and bump someone who comes to all the stuff. If they have something at kilkare I will be there if I have to use a vacation day. I will not go to tristate after talking to chad393 he saidthe place was junk