PDA

View Full Version : It finally happened!!

KYGTP
09-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Well, tonight, it finally happened, My car went 11.992 @ 113.88 MPH w/ a 1.78 60'. I have been trying to get into the 11's for a year and half now, the only bad news, it that my good friend that was driving at the time. Oh well, I am still happy, even though it was not me in my car, at least it was MY car. He has help me do my whole build, and the replairs over this past year, so I feel that he just the right to drive it as I do.

I am going to do a little more stuff over the next week to get ready for the Race Day on the 27th, and I hope to dip even lower into the 11's. I feel that it is not too bad for a FWD 3.8 V6 SC car that weighs 3400 lbs and not on the bottle.

NXcoupe
09-19-2009, 07:09 AM
Congrats good deal!

cstreu1026
09-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Congrats!

I know that feeling. I have been trying to make a 12 second pass for more than a year. I ran a whole bunch of 13.0X and it was so frustrating and it finally happened Thursday when I went a 12.96.

Pops Fun
09-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Congrats... way to go!! I finally made it last year!!

kennebellcobra
09-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Congrats man...thats one bad little 6:bigthumb I forgot to tell my Dad you were on the board and what kind of car you had or he would have got it on tape for ya:( Next time we'll get it.

Mr.Moontang
09-19-2009, 09:38 AM
That is awsome!!!

331TwistedWedge
09-19-2009, 09:42 AM
good job :bigthumb ... its nice to see other cars out there, besides mustangs ...

KYGTP
09-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Congrats man...thats one bad little 6 I forgot to tell my Dad you were on the board and what kind of car you had or he would have got it on tape for ya Next time we'll get it.

Thanks Man, there will always be next time. It would be pretty cool to see my car on video, since the only video that I have of my car is when I was running 12.5x.

Congrats... way to go!! I finally made it last year!!

Congrats!

I know that feeling. I have been trying to make a 12 second pass for more than a year. I ran a whole bunch of 13.0X and it was so frustrating and it finally happened Thursday when I went a 12.96.

Thanks and Congrats to you guys too. At times it seems you try so hard to get there and it takes forever, but once you do get there, wow, what a great feeling!!

good job ... its nice to see other cars out there, besides mustangs ...

Thanks again, it funny, just this morning, my wife and I were just talking about this. I think that is why I have stayed with this platform, it is different, not all that fast, but just different. Plus it is pretty neat to have people come up to me and say "What the F***" "What do you have in that thing" and I love to say, "ah, just 3.8 V6"

Anyways, thanks to all, and I must say, it is nice to get complements from guys that have MUCH fast cars.

331TwistedWedge, was that you that I talk with at gas station after the track? I was nice meeting and talking you and I am sure that I will see you around, hopefully you will be able to make it out to the Race Day.

redfirepearlgt
09-19-2009, 03:08 PM
WAY! TO! GOOO!!! Know the feeling. Hit my first 12 run in June, hit my first 1.8 60ft in August (street tires) hit my new max speed in Sept. 114.85mph and my personal best of 12.34. Looking for that 11.99 that is hopefully lurking nearby with some more seat time and a pair of DR's. Keep on bringing it down!!!!!

aperacer
09-19-2009, 03:43 PM
congrats..seemed like nice air last night....