PDA

View Full Version : Soccer Parents -AARRRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

redfirepearlgt
09-27-2009, 05:34 PM
WARNING: No P.C. in this rant! For you parents who DO use reason and common sense with regard to your child's extracurricular activities this does not apply. For those who don't, read and heed, and please BE OFFENDED!

It never ceases to amaze me. What is with this intrique with peewee soccer? For crying out loud, the few soccer games I have seen are low scoring, more boring than watching a scrabble tournament, and many times end in a tie. But more importantly, what is with the parents of these kids? Sunday Soccer is upon them and they turn into "King of the Road". Nobody else out there matters but them. Somewhere between the shower and the driveway they lose all sense of reality. "Gotta get Joey to the soccer field!" Nothing else matters.

I waded my way through a gaggle of minivans and SUV's in Miamitown, Ohio today in an attempt to make my way to a charity event being held at E20. The trafffic was so heavy you would have thought that there was a beer festival going on in Miamitown. To top it off, once I made it onto Harrison Avenue, one of those soccer primadonas looked right at me as I came toward them (I had right-of-way) and attempted to pull out in front of me on Harrison Avenue like I was suppose to give way to them or as if I wasn't even there. They were staring right at me for pitty sake! I had to lay on the horn to get them to stop. GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!!!!!! For crying out loud, little Joey is not the center of the universe for those outside of your little soccer world!!!!!! Driving around to soccer events with your head in the clouds could be a quick ending for you and little Joey if you think that the rest of this country is to stop and bow to your soccer schedule, you bunch of over indulgent, self absorbed, soccer loons!!! GET A LIFE!!!! The laws of traffic and physics do not alter for little Joeys soccer schedule!!!!

AFTERTHOUGHT: If you are not offended by this rant and you have your child involved in sporting activities you are likely doing this in moderation. Good for you. If however this hits close to home, start being a little more aware of your surroundings!!!!! There are 300,000,000 + others besides you and little Joey in this world on any given Sunday!

sean
09-27-2009, 05:55 PM
My 9 year old girl plays soccer and softball. I hate watching the soccer games. The moms and dads are borderline ass holes now. I cant wate for the next few years. i sit there and bite my toung as they yell at people they dont even know. Fortunatly my girl is very competitive and has done very well so far, so no comments tward her that make me angry. When the cursing starts I start yelling back at them and that usually puts an end to the language. I know as the years go by I will be getting into it with some drunk trashy family. So if you ever go to the park and see someone sitting quietly with baseball bat at a soccer game, that will be me. Feel free to stop and say hi.

redfirepearlgt
09-27-2009, 06:38 PM
My 9 year old girl plays soccer and softball. I hate watching the soccer games. The moms and dads are borderline ass holes now. I cant wate for the next few years. i sit there and bite my toung as they yell at people they dont even know. Fortunatly my girl is very competitive and has done very well so far, so no comments tward her that make me angry. When the cursing starts I start yelling back at them and that usually puts an end to the language. I know as the years go by I will be getting into it with some drunk trashy family. So if you ever go to the park and see someone sitting quietly with baseball bat at a soccer game, that will be me. Feel free to stop and say hi.

You got me laughing so hard I almost wet my pants!!!! LOL!!!!

2007ShelbyCobra
09-27-2009, 07:18 PM
yes, women + mini-van + soccer FTL

redfirepearlgt
09-27-2009, 08:07 PM
yes, women + mini-van + soccer FTL

To be fair the person who wanted to pull out in front of me did appear to be a man, from the best that I could tell anyway.

sean
09-27-2009, 09:37 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR soccer dads. I had one that did know what he was talking about last week. Problem was he wouldnt shut up and kept daddy sideline coaching the whole damn team...... Good thing was he was from australia and had the accent... soooooooo not so bad to listen to. Neat accent. I guess if your not going to shut up at least have the common curtisy (sp) to have a british, jamacan, or austrailian accent.

mean5.0
09-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Some soccer parents can be crazy. I was a refferee for 6 years or so and some parents can get pretty bad. I had one dad come out on the field after my assistant ref because his daughter fell on the ground! He then got fired the next day from the fire department he worked at for it.

Black Horse
09-27-2009, 10:54 PM
One of those damn head-in-their-ass-soccer-team-transporting-shitboxes almost wrecked me TWICE today! Coming back from E2O one pulled out right in front of me. I can't remeber when the last time my antilocks kicked in, but today I know they still work. After I regained my sense of control and composure (and checked my shorts) I found myself right behind the same van as it slammed to a quick stop/turn into Brown's farm market without a hint of a signal.

I hope they appreciated my sideways acceleration past them after performing another emergency avoidance technique....

BigBadStang
09-27-2009, 11:18 PM
...I hope they appreciated my sideways acceleration past them after performing another emergency avoidance technique....

Hell Yeah! You probably scared the sh!t out of them! :bigthumb

redfirepearlgt
09-28-2009, 06:49 AM
One of those damn head-in-their-ass-soccer-team-transporting-shitboxes almost wrecked me TWICE today! Coming back from E2O one pulled out right in front of me. I can't remeber when the last time my antilocks kicked in, but today I know they still work. After I regained my sense of control and composure (and checked my shorts) I found myself right behind the same van as it slammed to a quick stop/turn into Brown's farm market without a hint of a signal.

I hope they appreciated my sideways acceleration past them after performing another emergency avoidance technique....

Those "living-through-their-children-because-they-never-had-a-life-quacks" didn't see you, and didn't care. All they care about is S-O-C-C-E-R. The clown that tried to pull out in front of me looked right at me as if was he was the president and I was suppose to yield passage to his "royal chariot".

'92Stang
09-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Soccer parents are the reason my little girl Abby will be competing in the Little Britches Rodeo this next season..:cool1:

mwaller5672
09-28-2009, 10:32 AM
The animals are a nice way to go. I bought 2 mini horses. We showed them and drove them. I opened up my van door and they hopped in like a couple of dogs. I put a tarp down with floor dry first of course. We spent a lot of time in kentucky.

'92Stang
09-28-2009, 11:13 AM
The animals are a nice way to go. I bought 2 mini horses. We showed them and drove them. I opened up my van door and they hopped in like a couple of dogs. I put a tarp down with floor dry first of course. We spent a lot of time in kentucky.

I thought about getting some minis. But, I heard there harder on fence than my quarter horses??? I once was repairing fence in the pastures, and had left my back door open on my crew cab 1 ton dually, so I could listen to the radio. I heard a commotion, and one of my 2 yo colts had climbed in and got stuck in the back seat. That was fun trying to get 1000 pounds of terrified horse out of the truck.:D

sean
09-28-2009, 04:12 PM
I thought about getting some minis. But, I heard there harder on fence than my quarter horses??? I once was repairing fence in the pastures, and had left my back door open on my crew cab 1 ton dually, so I could listen to the radio. I heard a commotion, and one of my 2 yo colts had climbed in and got stuck in the back seat. That was fun trying to get 1000 pounds of terrified horse out of the truck.:D

ohh man.... pics were a must. I know you didnt have a camera out in the field but next time I expect pics.. So does americas funniest home videos.

'92Stang
09-28-2009, 04:56 PM
ohh man.... pics were a must. I know you didnt have a camera out in the field but next time I expect pics.. So does americas funniest home videos.

The shitty part is my girlfriend took pics with my digital camera. I was living up in Mason then, and I never downloaded the pics to my computer. When I moved out here to Amelia I remembered them. But, lost the camera somewhere in between during the move..:(

redfirepearlgt
09-29-2009, 06:29 AM

That's is a bust up!!!! I agree, it would have made a 10K winner on AFHV.

redfirepearlgt
09-29-2009, 06:31 AM

Dittos on the animals. We have a boxerthat will be 10 in Nov. She LOVES going for rides. Took her to Outer banks, NC and she slept 90% of the way. The faster you go the deeper she seems to sleep. Only wakes up to look around if you slow down.