PDA

View Full Version : Starting issues along with some other wires...

egbertnr
10-04-2009, 07:27 PM
So I HAVE SOME WIRING ISSUES AS WELL....anyone out there good with rewiring a Mustang?

The wiring coming from my ignition to the starter relay apears to be bad, andthen I have several wires thatdont seem to be working on the alternator as the light on the instrument panel flashes when the car is running....

The only way to get the car started is to jump the post on the starter relay and turn the key....Real pain and impossible to do alone....

If anyone wants to come over and think they might have a few pointers and want to help I am fairly new to this car so would love some guidance....

egbertnr
01-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Wantedto update this oh so active thread, I have not done much work on my wiring issues until recently.

I am in deep and not sure where to start. I have traced some wires however I can only do so much as the stock wiring is not very stock anymore.

The car does not start with the standard ignition, there is a disconect somwhere between where I have jumped the neutral safety switch and the starter relay. I am tempted to just run a wire from that point to the starter relay butnot sure if that will cause other problems.

The car has a full MSD ignition system in it 6AL among several other things, some of which I will admit not sure how they tie into the system. I am a humble person at this point and would greatly appreciate some guidance from someone experienced with Mustang ignition systems.

Aside from not starting when it is running the NEW alternator does not charge. Kind of an odd problem there as the car ran great and over time the alternator light started to flicker and now is just constantly on and appears to have a bad connection between the alt and batt.

The car has all this potential but can do a darn thing with it until I get these very basic issues worked out.

Thanks in advance

egbertnr
01-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Problems solved...

Onto upgrading suspension and freshening up the engine!