PDA

View Full Version : outlaw class

atbracn
10-06-2009, 03:43 PM
alright ladies and gents, i posted on the umtr site about trying to have a outlaw class in umtr and keeping the rules simple like,pro tree,heads up
no bigger 28x10 tire no w
stock style susp.(no backhalf,ladder bar,4link etc.)
power adder and motor weights
manual trans(jerico,liberty,tremec)no bruno lenco or airshifted
glass,interior,no lexan or 1pc fiberglass front ends(stock appearing)
now i have a couple people say it's a good idea and of course some say not but tell me your ideas and do you think this class would work and what kind of car count it would be. post it on umtr website and let them know.:bigthumb

atbracn
10-08-2009, 04:53 AM
i am thinking of maybe doing this myself,but i NEED some input and so does another series "maybe". will a class like this work or something else????for the guys and gals that want to go heads up,pro tree "SPEAK UP".

thanks brad

RyanR
10-08-2009, 08:33 AM
How many cars in the area do you think will fit in the rules?

NXcoupe
10-08-2009, 09:49 AM
With those rules? A bunch! It's pretty much wide open. Heck my renegade car would fit in it, if it was a manual again. My r/s car would too, but probably not be competitive after a few races.
I would be very interested, but I don't really count because I don't know when I would get to race in it. For those who haven't raced in a heads up manual shift class, anything can happen. It's a driver's class. You put high hp through a stick and it is a sight to see, they are a handful and it is exciting, balls to the wall racing. Of course you will have the guys with tons of money who bring a 100k race car to win 300 bucks, but let them! They still can break or lose traction! That's the key is building a car that will hook and have enough power to make the other guy's press theirs, but low enough to be able to make it down the track every time.
I really like the idea. Hope it becomes reality.

atbracn
10-08-2009, 03:47 PM
With those rules? A bunch! It's pretty much wide open. Heck my renegade car would fit in it, if it was a manual again. My r/s car would too, but probably not be competitive after a few races.
I would be very interested, but I don't really count because I don't know when I would get to race in it. For those who haven't raced in a heads up manual shift class, anything can happen. It's a driver's class. You put high hp through a stick and it is a sight to see, they are a handful and it is exciting, balls to the wall racing. Of course you will have the guys with tons of money who bring a 100k race car to win 300 bucks, but let them! They still can break or lose traction! That's the key is building a car that will hook and have enough power to make the other guy's press theirs, but low enough to be able to make it down the track every time.
I really like the idea. Hope it becomes reality.

that is what i like to hear:bigthumb.should rules be changed to help a slower car "to benefit every one" like run a et streets or 275 radial? i need more input to make it a reality. if anybody wants to they can call me 513-623-3419
thanks brad

1byafender
10-08-2009, 04:25 PM
How about using ONLY regular radials. No slicks and No drag radials. Good ole fashion radials. Let's see those 100k race car try that. Talk about a drivers race....there ya go!!

cobra429boss
10-08-2009, 05:13 PM
How about using ONLY regular radials. No slicks and No drag radials. Good ole fashion radials. Let's see those 100k race car try that. Talk about a drivers race....there ya go!!
sounds good

RyanR
10-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Futura'a FTW

69Cobra
10-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Sticks and radials don't go together.

Just my .02

outlaw85
10-09-2009, 05:05 AM
Personally I really like the idea of doing this class!
But I think the following would work best for car count and fan excitement for the new class!

Pro Stick: (PRO STREET)
Street Style Manual Transmission (NO CLUTCHLESS)
Stock Style Suspension ( NO BACKHALF VEHICLES)
DOT tires (28x12.50x15 Bias or 325/50/15 DR Max Tire Size
Mufflers
Current Tags
Full Interior
.400 pro tree
10.99 or faster ET cut off
Bracket style format
Qualify on ET
Inverted ladder (number 1 qualifier racers #2 and so on to make it as close to heads up as possible).
Points same as other classes 5 points per rd. won except for qualifying:
#1 5- points
#2 4- points
#3 3- points
#4 2- points
#5 1- point
#6-16 0- points

Just the ideas some friends and I come up with for a class that I think would put a heads up feel to bracket racing for all of us that don't have the cash to run NMRA or NMCA. By having points for number one thru 5 qualifiers by ET it makes people want to go fast and get more points which the fans would really appreciate. Running the inverted ladder really makes it fun also because number one races number two and 15 vs. 16 making all the races closest in et as possible seeming to be heads up style racing but still on a bracket style dial in format and budget.

Entry FEE: 25.00

Payout: With 16 Car Field The Class Pays For Itself
#1 qualifier Trophy
Winner - Trophy and 200.00 cash
Runner Up - Trophy and 100.00 cash