PDA

View Full Version : anyone work on quads?

sean
10-09-2009, 10:56 PM
I have a quad that wont start. I have changed the relay under the seat and it still clicks and no start. I really dont know much about them. Does anyone want to look at it? maybe even tomorrow or whenever is good for you. I can bring it anywhere. May be a starter but I cant get it out to test it.
Its a 2005 suzuki z400

mustangatic
10-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Oh are you in luck :) I finally get to help ya out!!! haha... Its probably not a relay...it sounds like your cylinoide... Take a screwdriver and cross the 2 bolts on top of the cylinoide w/ the ignition on... See if that makes it turn over... Let me know

'92Stang
10-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Hey Sean, Bring it out. We'll either fix it, or you'll at least know what parts you need., Mike

Walter
10-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Oh are you in luck :) I finally get to help ya out!!! haha... Its probably not a relay...it sounds like your cylinoide... Take a screwdriver and cross the 2 bolts on top of the cylinoide w/ the ignition on... See if that makes it turn over... Let me know

Solenoid.

sean
10-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Ok heres the problem I found so far. I took the starter out then took it apart and the insides were blown up. All sorts of crap fell out. O ordered the started and gear so i Hope to get it fixed withen a week. I just got this thing and dont know much about it. some thing on it called max rpm with a dial for rpms???? Has a 440 big bore kit. and some other stuff I dont know. This thing is stupid fast. Hard to push start... lol I may sell it after I fix it and get some rides on it. Might be to fast for me. I just mostly putt around on trails. I just couldnt pass up the price I got it for. I have seen these run 2500 to 3200. I Stole it..... with a title.

sean
10-10-2009, 12:43 PM
The box says rev max????

mustangatic
10-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Solenoid.

oops... its sad that i won the spelling bee in the 7th grade