PDA

View Full Version : parts need for gear???

mustangatic
10-13-2009, 05:50 AM
I got my rear end out..going to have the 4.10 gear in friday night I HOPE!! I'm trying to get it back together for the cruise coming up this sunday :). So what all do I need? bearings/seals???? ive been told that I should be able to re use everything...even the sleave? Not sure what that is? Any info can help :)

mustangatic
10-14-2009, 05:28 AM
nobody knows what all i'll need? lol...is it possible to reuse the crush sleeve?
and as far as shims go? if i'm going from the stock gear to the 4.10..will I need more shims?

tdm309
10-14-2009, 09:18 AM
You can not reuse the stock crush sleeve you will need a new one. You will also need to replace the pinion nut and pinion seal while you are in there. If you use the pinion bearings you can reuse the pinion shim that is on the current pinion. Depending on the amount of miles on the car. I would probably put all new bearings in the differential while you are in there. As for shims to set the backlash you will need to check the backlash with a dial indicator and then see what shims you need. If you would like you can give me a call 9373962946 and just ask for Matt.

INSANEBA
10-14-2009, 08:37 PM
I just bought everything but shims to do my 4:10 swap and had about $100 for all including new seals and new bearings except for the outer axle bearings. That included oil and additive too...