PDA

View Full Version : So Long Brad St. Louis

Black92LX
10-14-2009, 08:05 AM
I am kind of surprised they waited this long, but he has fouled up too many times this season. And just scraping buy the wins each game we need all the points we can get and field goals and extra point blown thanks to this fella it was time for him to go.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20091013/SPT02/310130090/

Bengals release St. Louis

The Brad St. Louis watch is officially over.

After two bad snaps against Baltimore and six over the first four games, the Bengals released the veteran long snapper/tight end on Tuesday and signed Clark Harris.

Vovici Online Survey Software
St. Louis was the longest-tenured veteran on the Bengals roster at 10 years. He had been drafted by the club in the seventh round in 2000 and was one of the more reliable long snappers in the league. Until this season.

The problems began in the Denver game with a high snap on a Shayne Graham field goal attempt. After a good game at Green Bay, including a perfect snap on a 40-yard field goal late in the fourth quarter, the problems escalated.

He had a high snap on an extra point against Pittsburgh, two at Cleveland and then two more at Baltimore.

It sounded on Monday as if Lewis was willing to give St. Louis one more chance, but the team made the move.

Said Lewis on Monday: “Brad, he has to relax. There’s been a common thing in a lot of the bad snaps, and we can fix that. It’s something we’ll address as we go through the week.”

Harris, who also plays tight end, is classified as a first-year player. He tried out with the Bengals last Thursday and was one of four long snappers that the team brought in to evaluate last week.

Harris saw action in Houston’s last four games last year after beginning the year on their practice squad. He was with the Texans during the preseason before being one of the final cuts, and briefly spent a week on the practice squad before being released on Oct. 6. Harris was drafted in the seventh round by Green Bay in 2007 and spent time on the Packers and Lions practice squads that season.

With St. Louis’ release, Chad Ochocinco becomes the longest-tenured Bengal (at nine years) and the only player remaining from when Marvin Lewis was hired in 2003.

relaxednoma
10-14-2009, 08:06 AM
I believe the term my neighbor used was he needs to GTFO

PONYGRL
10-14-2009, 08:22 AM
Thank the Lord... The guy from Rutgers certainly cannot do any worse....sorry

wes 89 gt
10-14-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm not suprised. But I dont understand how you can be reliable for 10 years then struggle as bad as he has...

nkystanger
10-14-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm not suprised. But I dont understand how you can be reliable for 10 years then struggle as bad as he has...

Snapping like that is mental. You mess up a few times and it gets in your head.

facemelter71
10-14-2009, 09:48 AM

Some one paid him to.HAHA.But yea,its mostly a mental thing.Stress of tryin to get it right.

306Power
10-14-2009, 10:42 AM
He was the highest paid LS in the league, he needed to be cut theres no excuses for being paid that much money to LS and not being able to get that job done. You have to have a good consistent kicking team if you wanna go foar in the playoffs, lets hope we now will have that.

02mingryGT
10-14-2009, 02:58 PM

Probably like the "yips" that several well known golfers have had happened to them. He can fix that on his own time now.