Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
@Q#$&%^& [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : @Q#$&%^&

beefcake
10-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Sometimes I f'ing hate people.

I got crushed in a customer survey today.

Had a referral customer. They were looking for a specific F150 color. None in the city. Spent 2 days locating them one. Called em, they were getting ready to go that day and buy another one, not the color they wanted, but they were gonna settle (i wish i could give the $130 i made back, i swear).

They seemed ecstatic that I found the color they wanted. Went over the options, the truck didn't list the rear slider. I told them it's possibly a standard option, but I don't see it listed and thats where the $250 difference between this truck and the one they were gonna buy was. They wanted the truck anyway.

Showed up the next day, I spent a half hour going over the vehicle with them. They end up putting it in moms name. (they are like mid 30's but can't finance it themselves). They said they had x plan. Also, they start trying to negotiate money off of the truck for the rear window. They said it's $250 difference. I said no, this truck was $250 cheaper than the other truck they were looking at, because it didn't list the slider option.

So, the next day, she calls me telling me she found a scratch on the truck. Then immediately says i avoided showing it to them. I'm like "I spent 30 minutes going over the truck with you guys"

There was also a small paint defect on the very bottom of the tailgate bottom. Of course I told them to bring the truck in and we'll look at it.

She brings the truck in, we set an appointment for the next week to have the work done. She asks about a rental. I told her that Ford doesn't provide rentals, but i'll get with my GM and see what I can do since they just bought it and have the dealership pay for it. I told her I would call her after I get with him.

10 minutes later he's paging me saying they called him complaining about a rental. Gave me no time to take care of it. Then complains about the rear window more. So we give them a check for $250. We go to claim the xplan, it's in her hubbys name, not the moms. I tell them we need to get a pin # for mom, because it costs the dealershp like $1000 bucks if they don't get us the pin. Now they can't come up with a pin after 2 weeks. So we have to eat that.

We also ended up giving them a spray in liner for free because of the inconvenience.

I stress to them. As a salesman it's very important to me to get a good survey. After running in between and making sure everything is handled and the dealership eating 2k on a loser deal, everything we've given you, it means a lot.

They blasted the dealership, called us deceitful, said i lied to them, yada yada, just complete and total a$$es.

I'm sure in the end, they got buyers remorse like a lot of people do, and that was their outlet. I try to go out of my way for my cutsomers and do everything I can for people. I haven't had a survey like that in the 5 1/2 years i've been here and I didn't deserve it here.

All I can say is Karma is a bitch. It will bite you in the a$$ everytime.

I just take my job so personally, and like to think of my customers as friends, and not just scrape em off like a lot of people would after the sale.

Just makes me so friggin mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Pitbull1052
10-21-2009, 11:29 AM
isnt a straw purchase illegal anyway????????

Pitbull1052
10-21-2009, 11:30 AM
still sucks seems like the one's who grind you the most give the bad survey's and the one's you just peel their head back give you great one's........ not to sound like a manager but

some will, some won't, so what......... you know the rest.....

05yellowgt
10-21-2009, 11:42 AM
I can't see how anyone could say you don't do everything in your power to get the best deal for anyone that comes to see you Terry. I've got no reason to ever buy a new vehicle from anyone but you. No BS, just straight talk and great service.

winner70ta
10-21-2009, 12:04 PM
I have to say that I have yet to buy a car from you but you have always taken the time to let me know what you have in stock and whenever a Termi comes in on trade. At least I got a referral to you who bought a truck earlier in the year and that you treated them right. Not too many salesmen go the extra mile but you do and those turds who gave you the bad review sound like total users and abusers.

cstreu1026
10-21-2009, 12:26 PM
You just can't make some people happy.

DeckerEnt
10-21-2009, 01:37 PM
You just can't make some people happy.

This happens Terry. Some people were just meant to bitch about everything. No one can do anything about it. It is just life. Don't let it get you down.

ADaughen
10-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Can you be there when the truck gets repo'd in 3 months? That would be karma. :D

How did they get out the door without a x-plan PIN? My dealer wouldn't finish the paperwork until I gave him mine. Of course, I had a build sheet with what I wanted marked off and everything right from the start.

04 Venom
10-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Beef,

To borrow a quote from "Risky Business", sometimes you just have to say "what the fuck".

Mista Bone
10-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Terry, if you know in your heart you did all you could, don't let it get to you.

Yes, karma is a bitch.

cstreu1026
10-21-2009, 03:47 PM
and if you are lucky they will never return as customers

beefcake
10-21-2009, 08:23 PM
is it wrong to say that i hope they have a problem they need our help with,

if i ever get a call on the phone i would literally just hang up.

it will come back to get them, i totally believe in karma, i had a salesman skate me about 2 weeks ago.

the customer has been in 3 times to jack the other salesman, never bought, and he usually sells 3-4 a week, he didn't sell a car for over a week after that

always try to do unto others

Rich
10-21-2009, 08:33 PM
We also ended up giving them a spray in liner for free because of the inconvenience.

WTF...If I would have known this, I would have bitched until I got a free spray in liner...that set me back almost $500:flipoff:

bestracing
10-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Can you be there when the truck gets repo'd in 3 months? That would be karma. :D

That was my first thought too:lol:

2Kblacksleeper
10-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Beef you know i work retail also. It is true that no matter how far you put in that extra mile some people are never happy. Karma will come and get them.

It seems that too much pressure is put into these damn surveys these days. I feel like i should sell cars. We have all kinds of crappy goals we have to meet.
Sales per hour.
Extended service plans
Credit cards opened
No overtime what so ever but you must take care of the customer.
Set up so many measures per week.
certain % of your sales have to be installs.
Make sure all my training classes are up to date. I've been here 10 years, I dont ever get to go to training. I've had all the classes.
Aisles must be maintained and cleaned.
All my quotes have to be followed up on 3 times or more a week.
I usually get stuck being the only one in my area. So they expect me to answer the phone, field all the questions in the flooring dept, build displays. etc.
Swap out shit on end caps.

Oh and be out in the aisles for power hours from 10-2 on week days and 9-6 on weekends. During that time we are not supposed to do any downstocking unless it is for a customer.

Hows that for rules and expectations?

Good luck buddy, I'm sure the managers that know you know better.

John

beefcake
10-22-2009, 09:25 AM

How did they get out the door without a x-plan PIN? My dealer wouldn't finish the paperwork until I gave him mine. Of course, I had a build sheet with what I wanted marked off and everything right from the start.

they had a pin #, just didn't work

john, thats the worst thing i hated about store retail was the cleaning, couldn't stand it

at gnc we had frikin charts that we had to mark down what we cleaned, sucked

2Kblacksleeper
10-22-2009, 11:30 AM
It terrible here we have a mark down % that you can't go over for your dept. The kicker is that all the depts h are tied up to a total of like 2.2% for the whole store.
We have crap chart to mark off and pack down lists to itemize in the morning as you go.
It is also tracked by computer so they can see your productivity.

John

redfirepearlgt
10-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Working in any form of sales/service can be a bite in the arsse. I have worked in Field Service since 1993. You can NEVER please 100% of the people 100% of the time. You will eventually get a real wiener that will look to put the screws to you because of buyers remorse, shear greed, or worse yet take something you say completely out of context, and twist the facts just to get a freebee out of the deal at the expense of putting your reputation into question. They will then justify it in their pea-wit craniums as "shrewd business ethics". WRONG!!!

The people you work for, if they have an ounce of integrity in them, will know that this is a BS fluke and will also know you are a man of good standing. Your reputation for fairness goes beyond your ring of friends and co-workers. If others like me who only know of you realize this, then those who work with you truly know this even all the more.

This couple will be a thorn in your dealership's flesh. They will nickle and dime the service department every time they come in now. I would bet on it. Your GM should have considered taking the truck back and telling the couple to go elsewhere because your business (even as bad as times are now) does not need their kind of business. Not doing so will end up costing more than having to resell the vehicle as used or demo. Then send them packing to Riccart autogroup in Columbus!! That's where folks like that need to experience. LOL!!!

Have a great evening. You deserve it.

beefcake
10-22-2009, 03:49 PM
one of my other favorites was a gal that got chained on a price at champion

she was x plan and they quoted her aplan price. i tried explaining to her that i don't like to bash other dealerships, but explained that they were lying to her and they would not deliver her that price on that truck

we were both looking at dealer trading the same truck for her,

i told her to do me a favor, and because i was honest and up front on the pricing, to please come see me when she goes back there and the price is not the price they quoted her

so, i follow up 2 days later, she tells me she had them get the truck for her and buy it. i asked her if they gave her that price, (wanted to find out if they were cheating a plans) , and she said no, it was the same price i had given her, they had made a mistake

i said, and you still bought from them, she was like "i didn't like the fact that you were saying they were liars and bashing the dealership"

i said, okay, let me get this straight, i told you they were lying, that when you went back, you would not get that price to please see me because i was honest, you went back, i was correct, you did not get that price, they lied to you just as i said they were, and you still bought there?

she said, no they didn't lie, they were just mistaken,

i was like, that has got to be the goofiest rational i have ever heard in my life.....................

Black92LX
10-22-2009, 04:58 PM
All I can say is Karma is a bitch. It will bite you in the a$$ everytime.

they are like mid 30's but can't finance it themselves

Looks like the repo man will be bringing their karma!!!

People are so stupid. I bet they just came from getting their first time home buyers credit on a house they can't afford. That's why they couldn't get financing for the car!!

Don't sweat it.

Mista Bone
10-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Hey Beef, I could use a new truck, cannot get financed, can you hook me up with a sweet deal??????

What am I stupid????? I'll stick to my 3 older Hondas that are paid for.

ADaughen
10-22-2009, 07:55 PM
they had a pin #, just didn't work

Hmm... I guess I need to go in with someone's credit and a fake PIN and roll out in a new 2011 Mustang GT. You have a sales person there, that you don't like? ;) :D

Mazda was checking my PIN while I filled out the paperwork. IIRC, they called it in while the sales man BS'd with me.

95redstang
10-22-2009, 09:16 PM
is it wrong to say that i hope they have a problem they need our help with,

if i ever get a call on the phone i would literally just hang up.

it will come back to get them, i totally believe in karma, i had a salesman skate me about 2 weeks ago.

the customer has been in 3 times to jack the other salesman, never bought, and he usually sells 3-4 a week, he didn't sell a car for over a week after that

always try to do unto others

I go through this weekly in the limo buss. I had some people a few weeks ago that I drove for that I thought everything went fine. Hell the woman came up at the end of the night and told me I did a great job. Hell she even hugged me. I got a call from our office the following monday and they ripped me up and down. They came to our office to get the cd's they left. So we had a little meeting. They basically wanted their money back. They spent money they didn't have on a service they couldn't afford. They didn't get $hit back. I bleieve in KARMA as well.

Katmandu
10-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Sounds like a couple of low rent assholes. :rolleyes:

Too some people are so full of hatred that nothing makes them happy.

These people go out of their way to make other people suffer so they can feel better about themselves.

Very sad.

Hopefully, your GM will deep 6 that Survey and not hold it against you.

beefcake
10-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Sounds like a couple of low rent assholes. :rolleyes:

Too some people are so full of hatred that nothing makes them happy.

These people go out of their way to make other people suffer so they can feel better about themselves.

Very sad.

Hopefully, your GM will deep 6 that Survey and not hold it against you.

they go directly to ford and then we get them